Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Am A Killjoy

I'm Shooting Out of This Room

by Raven052 0 reviews

Kobra Kid is worried, Party Poison is hiding something and Saint Jimmy is only making things worse.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-09-01 - Updated: 2012-09-01 - 2676 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3 - I’m Shootin’ Out Of This Room…

Poison still hadn’t left the room. And now he had something else running though his mind. What did Saint Jimmy want from him? And, had he just been threatened? It’d certainly felt like it. And, he was very busy trying to dismiss the kiss on the cheek Saint Jimmy had given him, but couldn’t quite. His back was to the still open door (how Saint Jimmy had left it) when Kobra Kid came storming past, quickly stopping as he caught sight of his brother. “There you are.” It nearly made Party Poison jump, but he turned round and, casual as he could replied, “yeah, just needed some time.”
“Not alone though, according to Saint Jimmy.” Party Poison tried not to react to this, but Kobra Kid caught it. “So it’s true?” Party Poison frowned, “What?” Coming further into the room, Kobra Kid was noticeably checking for any obvious signs of… Something, in his brother, not, he figured, that there might necessarily be any. “Poison, what’d he do to you? Are you ok?”
“What the fuck?” Party Poison demanded. “Saint Jimmy didn’t say what he did exactly but…” Feeling uncomfortable now, not least by the fact that Saint Jimmy was going around apparently implying something that was making his younger brother look at him like a victim of some crime. The worst thing was, he suspected he knew which crime too. Shaking his head and trying his very best to sound calm, Party Poison insisted, “Saint Jimmy didn’t do anything, alright? Yeah, he was in here, we talked-”
“About?”
“What do you think?” Kobra Kid just nodded, it didn’t need to be said. After a long and equally uncomfortable silence, Kobra Kid persisted, “There was an ‘and’ at the end of that sentence, Poison.” Party Poison shrugged, “Yeah, and then he left.” Kobra Kid kept staring at him, all the accusation of his disbelief in his eyes. Party Poison sighed, “Kid, seriously. I don’t know what Saint Jimmy said-”
“It’s not what he said, it’s what he implied.” Kobra Kid interrupted, still looking at Party Poison with steady attention. “Fine. Then I don’t know what he implied, but-”
“He basically said he’d made you his fucking bitch.” Kobra Kid told him, sharply. “So I’m sorry if I seem a little over protective, but I’m gonna worry if I think my brother’s been-”
“Don’t!” Party Poison snapped. “Don’t even… Don’t even fucking say that. Seriously, what the fuck? You really think I’d just let him-”
“It’s only ‘letting’ if you had a choice.” Kobra Kid pointed out. “Now what the fuck are you saying?!” Party Poison demanded, really not happy with the way this was going. “I’m saying I wish my brother would be fucking honest with me and tell me what the fuck happened to him!” Party Poison closed his eyes briefly, opened them again, and, making sure he had full eye contact with Kobra Kid, told him, “I already did. Nothing. Nothing happened.” Kobra Kid was shaking his head, and was about to set about a new round of accusations and coaxing when, from the doorway, a small voice, “Um, guys? Poison? Kid? Everything ok?” And Kobra Kid spun round to face Rave, “No! It’s not ok, thanks to you!” This hadn’t been how Kobra Kid had wanted to greet Rave, he’d wanted to be just as worried about her as he was about Poison. Too late now. And as Rave walked into the room, she held her hands up, in surrender. “Whoa, Kid. Hold on, what the fuck?” She asked, her eyes darting between him and Party Poison. She didn’t like the way Party Poison wasn’t meeting her eyes, how he looked away as soon as he noticed her looking at him. Was he really that mad at her? Or was it something else? Kobra Kid, on the other hand, was all focused on her now, not that she thought she wanted the attention. “What the fuck have you and your ‘saint’ done? And don’t fucking lie to me, I know something happened.” Eyes widening, Rave wondered how he’d come to that conclusion, “Kid, I-”
“Why won’t anyone tell me anything?!” Kobra Kid demanded, clearly frustrated, he was only trying to help, but no one was letting him. “He’s clearly done something to Poison too, but he’s not fucking talking either.” And now Rave knew it was the ‘something else’ option. Oh God. Ignoring Kobra Kid completely now, she went over to Party Poison, him finding himself being inspected like a poor victim once again. “Poison.” Rave said, gently, but highly anxiously, “Is this true? Poison, what’d he do?” Looking at Rave finally, Party Poison snapped, “Fucking hell!” Rave winced, but didn’t back away. “Both of you stop asking me that! Nothing! The great Saint fucking Jimmy didn’t do a damn thing.” Rave was shaking her head though, “Poison, please. Whatever it was, it’s nothing to be ashamed of. I know what Jimmy’s like, he’s manipulative, I’ve watched him do it to too many people.” Glaring at Rave, Party Poison shot back, “I think the question is back on you then. What happened with you and Saint?” Shocked, hurt, and feeling very guilty, Rave attempted, “Poison, I-”
“See. That’s how I know something happened.” Party Poison accused, “You can’t even deny it.” The guilt turning to indignation, Rave came right back with, “Well you’re denying it so hard I know something happened to you! Why can’t you just-”
“Is this argument really all for me? I’m… Touched.” And everyone looked to the doorway, perfectly framing the smirking, clearly amused figure of Saint Jimmy. Rave took the matter into her own hands, “Jimmy!” She snapped, “Not now!” Saint Jimmy laughed, lightly and stepped into the room, taking careful note of the people and the placing and the tension. Ignoring Kobra Kid for now, he focused on Rave and Party Poison. “Have I set the lovers quarrelling?” He asked, in feigned distress. “Sorry, but don’t worry, there’s enough of me to share.” Now glancing at Kobra Kid, “For you too, if you want.” He clearly hadn’t learnt his lesson, only the fact that Rave put out her arm to hold him back stopped Kobra Kid from getting at Saint Jimmy. “Leave him, Kid.” She said, evenly. “You’re still defending him?” He demanded, glancing at his brother, “In front of Poison, you’re still defending him?” Ignoring the question, Rave sighed, “Ever think maybe I’m trying to protect you?”
“I don’t need protecting from him.” Saint Jimmy’s laugh drew their attention back, and he was gently nudging the cut on his lip with his tongue. “Don’t underestimate me, Kid.” He said. “Lived and worked in the city. Had to learn a few tricks to survive in my line of work.”
“It’s Kobra Kid to you. And I think I know what kind of ‘tricks’ too.” Grin widening, Saint Jimmy stated, quickly picking up on the vein Kobra Kid was going for, “No one paid me for the pleasure, I promise you.”
“Maybe you just weren’t very good.” Kobra Kid shot back. Not even a flicker of doubt in his self confidence, Saint Jimmy looked pointedly at Kobra Kid, Party Poison, Rave, and then finally back to Party Poison before answering, “Maybe you should consult Rave on that one.” Rave felt the instant switch in focus onto her. And she didn’t like the feeling she got from it. “Oh for fuck’s sake guys! You know mine and Saint Jimmy’s history.” Still glaring. “You know what?” She snapped, looking to Kobra Kid and Party Poison in turn, “Fuck this!” Then she left, forced to push past Saint Jimmy as she went. He tried to catch her hand, but she wouldn’t be caught. Hurrying down the corridor, she was already slamming the back door behind her by the time Party Poison got to the doorway, calling after her.

Fuck the dark. Rave thought. Fuck the Dracs. Fuck it fucking all! Throwing herself against the outside wall, she slid down, staring unseeingly into seemingly unending darkness. She was crying before she was on the ground. Fuck Saint Jimmy. Fuck Poison. Fuck Poison for accusing her like that. Fuck Saint Jimmy for giving her a reason to be accused. “Fuck!” She screamed into the night. And the tears came faster. “Uh, Rave?” A familiar, and un-accusing voice. Rave looked up at Jet Star. Realised he must be out checking the area, oh shit, and by himself. Clearly he and Ghoul had decided between them that one of them had to stay in the warehouse, especially with three Killjoys otherwise distracted. Great, a new wave of guilt. “Are you alright?” Jet Star didn’t seem annoyed about it though. And that, amazingly, just made her cry harder. “I’ll get Ghoul.” He said, making the decision that he’d be best suited to the task. She couldn’t argue with the logic, in fact, the only person she wanted to see right now was Fun Ghoul. And soon he was precisely the one standing in the open doorway, keeping the heavy door held open as he leaned out. “Hey Rave.” He said, gently. “You think it’s such a great idea to be out here, in the dark?” Having regained some of her power of speech, Rave returned, “Rather be out here than in there with people lying to me and accusing me.” Fun Ghoul sighed, stepping out, he crouched beside her. “OK. I have a feeling this isn’t going to be a quick conversation. Why don’t we go in before we get spotted?” He suggested in that same gentle voice. Rave laughed, but not nicely. “Figure Kid and Poison wouldn’t care much if I got ghosted.” That made Fun Ghoul pause, at least he was getting a better idea of what was going on. “Well, even if that is true, I’m sure they’d miss me, and I don’t have a death wish just yet so…” Rave sighed. “We’re Killjoys, Ghoul. We’ve all got death wishes.” But, none the less, she stood up, and let Fun Ghoul lead her back inside.

Another room, or the same one? Rave couldn’t tell at this point, just let Fun Ghoul open the door for her, she stepped inside, soon followed by him, after he closed the door. It was safe to let him close the door. That was fine. But just for a second she panicked. I barely trust myself around you with them open. Fuck. But this was Ghoul, she was safe with him. Rave hadn’t realised she’d closed her eyes until she felt Fun Ghoul’s hand rest gently on her arms, which she’d crossed in front of her. “This is about what he said, to Kid, isn’t it?” Rave’s eyes widened in horror. “You were there too?” Fun Ghoul nodded, almost apologetically. “Yeah, we all were. Me, Kid and Jet.” Rave shook her head. “Great, so now I’ll bet you think I’m a slut too.”
“No. And neither does anyone else.” Fun Ghoul insisted. “Oh yeah? Well Kid and Poison were doing a pretty good impression of it then.” Rave snapped, annoyed all over again as she remembered the way they’d both looked at her. “And Jimmy wasn’t exactly helping.” Settling down on the bed, Fun Ghoul watched her, carefully. “Doesn’t seem to be his style, no.” He admitted. “And. And! He’s done or said or… Something! Something to Poison. But of course Poison couldn’t possibly just tell us-”
“Wait.” Fun Ghoul interrupted, confused, and if he was honest, a little shocked. “He actually did something? I thought Saint Jimmy was just saying that to piss Kid off.” Rave laughed. “Well, if he was, Poison sure was playing along nicely.” She could feel the tears coming again, over everything. The fact that Party Poison was keeping so silent just one of the many things. A thousand images of what could’ve happened flashing through her mind. Not thinking anything quite as drastic as Kobra Kid was, but certainly something. “Why can’t he just tell me?” So frustrated with herself for crying, she hid her face in her hands, started to turn away from Fun Ghoul. His hands on her shoulders guided her back around to him, guided her down onto the bed beside him, leaning against the wall, he let her lean against him. She cried harder, his arms never let her go. A few sentences made their way out, “How could he think I-” “can’t blame him though, can’t can’t can’t” “I don’t trust me either” “wish I could stop seeing him looking at me like that” Fun Ghoul didn’t interrupt, didn’t ask questions, didn’t comment. Not until Rave finally looked up from where she’d buried her face in his chest and asked, “When did it all get so complicated?” Fun Ghoul laughed, now that was a question. “I don’t know Rave.” Burying her head again, Rave sighed, “Maybe it should’ve been you that I hooked up with, Ghoul. You’re not accusing me of anything.” Another laugh. “No, but think about this from Poison’s point of view. Come on, you know it can’t be easy on him, with all he knows about you and Saint. Don’t judge him too hard.” Then, not forgetting the first part of the comment Rave had made, “And I’m pretty sure Poison would’ve handed me over to the Dracs by now if I’d ended up with you.” Rave shook her head, they both knew that wasn’t even remotely true. “And anyway, you were in love with Poison that first day, you never had eyes for anyone else.” And, just then, just when she was starting to feel safe, the door was flung open and in walked… Well who the fuck do you think? “Ain’t this cute?” Rave jumped up. She stayed sitting, but further away from Fun Ghoul than she’d previously been. Ghoul himself was glaring at Saint Jimmy, who, of course, took no notice. “Maybe I was wrong, Rave. Maybe you’re not just fucking Cherry Top. Guess I underestimated you.”
“Fuck off Jimmy!” Rave snapped, she’d just about had it with him already today, Fun Ghoul placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. “Easy, Rave.” He said, gently. Then, a very different tone for the Saint. “I don’t know what you think you’re seeing here, but all that’s going on is Rave’s upset, thanks to you, and I’m helping her out.” Quirking an eyebrow, Saint Jimmy said, “Sure your ‘leader’ would see it that way?” Fun Ghoul rolled his eyes. “Yes. Of course he would, Poison’s my friend, he knows full well I would never-”
“Cute. You’re all pretty close then, huh?” Saint Jimmy interrupted, and Fun Ghoul nodded. Saint Jimmy leaned forward slightly, conspiratorially, “Sure he’s never let you borrow his girl?” He grinned, wickedly. “Fuck off Jimmy!” Rave snapped, “Just because you have such a loose idea of the word ‘commitment’ doesn’t mean everyone does. Not once has Poison ‘shared’ me, and not once have I had to share him. But I guess that’s a pretty radical idea in your book.” Still grinning, Saint Jimmy shrugged. And then, without a word, he left. Desperately Rave wanted to follow him. She told herself it was just to make sure he didn’t do anything. To anyone. To Poison.
That’s what she told herself.
Sign up to rate and review this story