Categories > Original > Drama > Stashley

Chapter 11

by OliviaSyren 0 reviews

What's in the box?...

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-09-09 - Updated: 2012-09-09 - 1426 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ash furrowed his brow at the text. ‘Who could this be?’ He thought. ‘What gift?’ he wasn’t too bothered. He thought it might be an old fan of their now non-existent band, The Midnight Beast. Ever since Stef had disappeared the band just suddenly stopped doing anything. Stef was the only one who could come up with good song lyrics, the only one who encouraged the boys to tweet daily and to get of their arse and practice songs. Now Dru tweeted weekly and Ash occasionally. As for Stef’s other band, Chapters, formed another band called Hadouken. Ash thought it was wrong but still, their songs were cool.
Ash received another text from anonymous.

‘Your gift will arrive shortly. I shall deliver it myself :)’

Ash sighed. He didn’t want to meet any fans at all anymore. He wasn’t surprised a fan had his number, it was leaked about two months ago. They would probably ask and beg for the band to sing again since the fans don’t know that Stef had gone at all. Ash now posted tweets for Stef on twitter, keeping fans happy. It was easy to guess Stef’s password. ‘spacedoughnuts’ It was the same for everything. When Stef and Ash were kids, Stef asked him that if he ever died, Ash would hack into his Facebook account and post something to his family saying he loves them and update his status to ‘Chillin with Satan BITCHEZ.’ Ash did so, for his one and only. Stef’s family thought it was sick and now hated Ash for doing it. Ash had tried to explain but they’d never listen.
There was a soft rapping sound on the door.
Ash stood up and opened the door to a man who was tall, muscular, handsome and had a flock of bright blue hair. The man had a large stretcher in each earlobe and a smaller one in his nose, his stubble was a blonde colour, giving away his natural hair colour the man grinned at Ash. Ash didn’t like the look of this guy. The man spoke. “Hello. I received a phone call telling me you were feeling down in the dumps and needed a ‘mate’ I was also told you’re into men. So I brought you this.” The man pointed at a wooden box in the hallway. At this time, Ash was completely confused, if this guy had brought someone to cheer Ash up, why were there an airtight box in the hallway. The box was large enough to fit a small man inside but it would have been impossible to breath. “Would you like me to help you bring it in?” The man asked, Ash nodded. He was curious as to what was in the box. Ash took hold of one side of the box and the man too hold of the other, lifting and moving it into the living room of Ash’s flat. They placed the box down and the man hurriedly went out the door and headed down the hallway. Ash went after him “Wait! Who are you?!?!” he shouted down to the man.
“Call me Joel.” Ash heard the man say. ‘Joel…’ Ash thought to himself. ‘I don’t know a Joel.’ He went back to his flat and shut the door, sitting on the couch and studying the box. He had stared at the box for what seemed hours. He eventually decided not to open it yet. He was slightly scared of what was in there. He got changed and went to have a nap.

Dru and Keavagh had been couch potatoes all day and had a movie day at home and cuddled, eating popcorn and chocolates when there was a knock at the door. They didn’t answer it because it was their movie day. The knocking continued. Then stopped shortly after. Dru’s phone buzzed. It was a text…From Roxanne.

‘I’m outside.’

Dru froze. “What’s up?” Keavagh asked.
“N-Nothing.” He said, getting up. “I’ll just answer the door…”
“But it’s our movie night.” Keavagh said in a sad voice.
“I know. But this is…different.” Dru said, Keavagh asked him how it was any different. Dru didn’t hear her and went out of the room and opened the door where a small figure was stood on the doorstep. “Hi.” Roxanne said timidly. Dru answered with a simple hello.
“You never called me…” Roxanne looked up at Dru.
“It’s been a year, Roxanne. I’m married.” He said hastily. Roxanne’s face dropped.
“I-I know…it’s been a while. Who’s the…lucky lady?” Roxanne asked.
“Keavagh.” Dru said. Roxanne knew exactly who she was since they were good friends until high school. According to Roxanne, Keavagh had ‘stolen’ her boyfriend but Keavagh said that her boyfriend said they broke up before she asked him out. And now, Keavagh has gone and done it again. Roxanne turned and ran away from Dru, turning the corner. Dru knew it was no use going after her, it was a lazy day and he was half-asleep. There was no-way he was catching up to her so he shut the door and went back to Keavagh. “Who was it?” She asked. And Dru wasn’t going to lie.
“It was Roxanne.” He said sitting beside her.
“Why was she here?” She asked. The girl who accused her of stealing her boyfriend was at their house. And Keavagh wanted to know why.
“She said I never called her. It was true; I never called her because you came back into my life.” Dru smiled at Keavagh and Keavagh relaxed, smiling back. They continued with their movie day.

Ash woke up at around 10pm. ‘No point in getting up.’ He thought to himself when he heard a rhythmic tapping coming from outside the bedroom. He sat up and searched for the sound, finding himself stood in front of the wooden box Joel had given to him. The rhythm of the beat sounded familiar. Then it hit him. It was Sick, Sick Teens. The song which Stef’s old band made which had a verse dedicated to him. Ash stepped backwards, knocking a CD off the back of the couch, landing with a crack as he CD case snapped down the centre. As soon as this happened, the rhythmic tapping suddenly stopped. Ash tilted his head in wonder and knelt beside the box, knocking twice. “Hello?” He said. A loud bang emerged from the box. “Hello?!” Ash repeated a little louder.
“H-Hello…” A weak voice said, it sounded male. Ash gasped and his stomach churned. ‘There’s a PERSON in here?!’ He thought furiously. He stood up and went to the kitchen, rummaging in the drawers for something to open the completely wooden box with. After a few minutes he found a hammer. ‘How long have I had this?’ Ash asked himself, soon abandoning the thought and using the toothed end of the hammer to get between the grooves of the lid of the box and the base, it was a struggle to open, but it opened eventually, after Ash getting many splinters and hitting himself in the shoulder with the ‘hammer’ part of the hammer. The lid flew off and a load of sawdust floated from the box. Ash stepped forward and peered inside. He felt his heart explode. The boy inside tilted his head, looking up at him and whispered a word, the one word that would trigger a million memories he had wanted to throw away but never really forgot them. Those memories burning his mind and heart from the force of this one word the boy whose big innocent eyes had turned into blinding dark holes, which gave a stare which was unmistakeable says. This word hurts the boy also, he had promised himself to remember this word, but forgetting the meaning of it completely and trusting himself to know what it was when he saw it. This word, the boy uses to help him sleep at night, that is, if he was allowed to sleep. Knowing that whatever this word meant or was, was a good thing and wouldn’t ever hurt him. The boy’s whispered word was…
“Eyebrows.”

[Okay, that took a LOT of thinking. Please, is you don’t have a clue who the boy in the box is (It’s not Doctor Who, chill.) PLEASE tell me. I will tell you. And I don’t bite…unless you’re food :)]
Sign up to rate and review this story