Categories > Original > Drama > Stashley

Chapter 12

by OliviaSyren 4 reviews

Ash makes a promise he knows he can't keep...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-09-09 - Updated: 2012-09-09 - 1065 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ash gaped at the boy in the box, he almost fainted from the shock. He thought he was dead. But he was there, sat inside a wooden box with his knees pulled up to his chest. “STEF?! WHAT THE HELL?! I thought you were dead! Where have you been?!” The boy stood up, revealing the scars, cuts and bruises that engulfed his skin. Ash stared at his boyfriend’s frail, white body, feeling sick at the sight. Stef showed no emotion and spoke barely in a whisper. “I’m sorry, sir. I do not know anyone of the name, Stef.” Ash creased his brow, making something in Stef’s mind burn. ‘He doesn’t know his own name?’ Ash asked himself.
Stef handed him a note whilst speaking. “My name is oh-two-one-hundred.” Stef said miserably as Ash took the note.

‘Dear whomever it may concern,
User-02100-‘s info:-
Formerly in a comedy and Indie band. Famous, but not famous enough to be notice he’s gone.
All other band members are unknown.
Memory was stripped for purpose reasons. Memory cannot be recovered.
User-02100 occasionally mumbles a word to themselves. That word being ‘Eyebrows.’ Nothing to worry about.
Please enjoy our gift :)
Joel, Sexual Needs Industry.’

‘What. The. Fuck.” Ash said out loud, his eyes filling with tears. ‘Memory cannot be recovered.’ He thought. ‘Not on my watch.’ He threw the note in the trash, leaning on the counter in the kitchen with his head in his hands.
“Is something wrong, sir? I can relieve you if you like.” Stefan said emotionlessly. Ash looked up.
“No. Stef. I don’t want you to do anything. Just…Can’t you remember my face?” He asked. Stef looked at Ash’s features. Not looking directly into his eyes. And Stef shook his head.
“What’s the last thing you remember?” Ash asked. “Before you were named 02100?”
Stef thought for a moment. “Just…Just one word.” He said quietly.
“And what’s that word?”
“Eyebrows. Something about…Eyebrows.” Stef rubbed his temple and closed his eyes, pushing back memories he was told are a sin to remember.
“Eyebrows?” Ash questioned.
“Yes. Before being named 02100, I remember the word Eyebrows.”
“Any specific reason?”
Stef thought again. “I had told myself that whoever the word was according to wouldn’t ever hurt me and would take me in and look after me. Because that person once loved me as I once loved them. I cannot remember a face or any other information.”
Ash thought. And thought. And thought but he couldn’t work anything out. His mind was filled with other thoughts. ‘He’s okay. He’s right there, you can see him. What happened to him? It’s probably best not to bombard him with questions.’
“Stef…”Ash started.
“But sir…” Stef interrupted. Ash looked at him, his expression telling him to continue and he did. “Sir, I don’t know anyone of the name Stef.”
Ash sighed sadly and rubbed his eyes, he was still half asleep. “I’m not going to hurt you, just so you know.” He said changing the subject. He had only just noticed how much Stef smelt. “You need a shower.” He said, directing him to the bathroom, hoping Stef still knew what a shower was because he wasn’t ready to see Stef naked. Ash opened the door. “You can wash yourself can’t you?” he asked. Stef nodded. “Okay, there’s a towel on the radiator to dry yourself with.
“Thank you sir.” Stef said.
“Please, call me Ashley.” He walked down the hall sadly.
Stef’s eye twitched at the name ‘Ashley.’ He shook his head and proceeded to shower.
Ash went back to the living room and sat on the couch, collecting his thoughts. ‘So…Stef’s alive and well. Not well…But…He’s alive. How did he get to that…Industry?’ He asked himself. He stood up and went over to the wooden box and looked inside to find a bag of dog biscuits which was open and half empty. He pulled one out of the bag and looked at it, it didn’t look appetising. Yet he still popped it into his mouth. Instantly regretting it and spitting it into the bin and drinking two glasses of water. He went back to the bin and dumped the rest of the dog food in it.
Stood at the doorway was Stefan with a towel wrapped around his waist. Just like a year ago, it was loose and literally about to fall off. Ash gulped as he saw Stef’s torso. It had whip marks plastered all over, a large bruise here and there and what looked like stab wounds and they looked quite recent. This was the first time Stef had shown emotion ever since he had come back, he looked horrified.
“What’s wrong?” Ash asked.
“Y-You’re going to make me starve? You said you wouldn’t hurt me. I thought food came into that category.” Tears started to fall from Stef’s eyes. Ash went over to him and gently put a hand on Stefan’s shoulder.
“No, I’m not going to starve you.” Ash looked deep into his eyes. Every piece of innocence ripped away. Ash missed Stef’s big, innocent eyes. “You’re not being fed the right foods. I’m going to give you real food.” Ash smiled faintly with concern in his eyes. Stef looked back into Ash’s eyes. Seeing the destruction his life has gone through and how eyes can tell a story, Stef closed his own and tried to remember Ashley’s face, the memories desperately fighting their way back into his consciousness, making Stef’s head hurt, he rested his head on Ashley’s chest.
“Please.” Stef gripped Ash’s arm in pain. “Please don’t let Joel take me back.”
Ash felt the tightness of Stef’s grip increase on his arm. “Never. I promise.”
Ash wasn’t much taller than Stef. Ash ran a hand through Stef’s hair and smiled. “I promise.” He said, planting a kiss onto the smaller boy’s head, the curly, out-of-control hair tickling his nose as he did. Ash knew that he couldn’t keep the promise. But if it made the man he loved happy, then so be it.

[Chapter 13 up soon. Please leave feedback :)]
Sign up to rate and review this story