Categories > Original > Drama > Growing Up

Chapter 1

by atomickilljoy 1 review

Auditioned story. Brendon and Jennifer's worlds collide into one when they meet for the first time.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-09-13 - Updated: 2012-09-15 - 863 words

1Original
"Why do we have to do this?! Is it because Alex's family is going too?!" 14-year old Jennifer asked her mother. She was fed up with her mother always going places because the boy her mother wants her to marry, Alex, is going.
"No! It's because we have to greet the new neighbors and show good manners!" her mother responded. They both knew it was a lie. Ever since Alex has shown a bit of interest in Jennifer, her mother thinks Alex is right for her.
It also may have to do with the fact that Alex is always saying he wants to be a doctor, and the fact that Alex is the same race as them.
"Put down that comic book! Stop reading such boyish things!" her mother scolds. Jennifer opens her mouth to protest, but decides against it, and sets the comic book down.
"Now let's go greet the new families!" her mother says, putting on a smile.
They rush down the street with a cake that they bought from the bakery earlier that day. Down the street, they see a man and woman unpacking into a house. The woman doesn't look very impressed with the neighborhood.
"Hi!" Jennifer's mother says, as she approaches the woman."We live down the street! I just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood! This is Jennifer, my daughter. I also have 2 sons but they're shopping for their school supplies. I bought you a cake!"
The woman looks disgusted, but tries to hide it.
"Oh...hello. Thank you for the cake... I am Julia, that is my husband, Robert, and my son Brendon is inside." she says
Alex's family shows up. His mother greets them and everything is silent for a bit.
"Um...do mind showing me the nearest grocery store? I need people who are familiar with this...place." Brendon's mother says.
"Ok! Let's go." Alex's mother says.
"Jennifer...Alex...why don't you go acquaint yourselves with my son, Brendon?" she says
"Sure." Jennifer says, as the mothers walk away
Jennifer goes into the house, with Alex.
"MOM WHERE ARE THE-" a boy shouts, when he catches sight of Jennifer and Alex "...who are you?"
"I'm Jennifer and this is Alex. Your mother told us to come in here and acquaint ourselves with you, so..." Jennifer says
Brendon's eyes are locked onto Jennifer. Never has he seen a girl like her. She was...enchanting to him. Everything that others would look past, amazed him. Her black Metallica t-shirt, her red skinny jeans, her old converse. He was simply enchanted.
Jennifer couldn't get her eyes off of Brendon. He amazed her. His brown hair, his wide brown eyes, everything amazed her.
Alex felt anger rising up to his face. He grabbed Jennifer's hand and held it. Upon sight of this, Brendon's face dropped. Of course! She was taken.
"Are you two...?" Brendon asked
Jennifer yanked her hand away from Alex's.
"Nope. Not at all." Jennifer said.
They each stared at each other.
Stop staring at him like an idiot! Say something! Jennifer thought
"So, what school are you going to?" she asked
"I'm going to Edward C. Madison." he said.
"Oh! We're going there too!" Jennifer said with a smile. She would have her friends, and some new friends starting school.
Alex felt more heat rise up to his face.
"Yeah, well, you have to take two trains to get there, so good luck!" he said
"Don't be silly! We'll go together on the first day" Jennifer said, smiling at Brendon.
"Well, fuck you, too, then Jennifer" Alex said, as he stormed out
Jennifer and Brendon were as confused as anything. Just then, the doorbell chimed. Brendon opened the door, and it was his friends from Las Vegas: Patrick, his sister Piper, Pete, Spencer, Jon, Joe, Andy, and Ryan.
"HEY BREN BREN!" Pete yelled as he waltzed in the house. He stopped when he saw Jennifer.
"Woah. Brendon. You move quick. You tappin that?" he asked
"No I'm not 'tappin that', Pete. She's my newest friend. Pete, Patrick, Piper, Jon, Joe, Andy,and Ryan, this is Jennifer." he introduced them all.
Each of them greeted each other. Ryan took a good look at Jennifer. She was different. She was...well, she looked amazing. Stunning, perhaps.
Oh well, Ryan thought Brendon so obviously likes her. There is so much sexual tension. It's sickening.

Soon, everyone was talking. Apparently, they were all going to Edward C. Madison high school. They all liked the same music, and they all liked comic books. They were all on the floor, reading comic books when Jennifer's mother and Brendon's mother entered the house.
Jennifer's mother nearly had a heart attack. She grabbed Jennifer's hand and yanked her up.
"I have to go, guys. Nice meeting you all! Brendon, next week at 6:30 A.M! We can't be late for the first day of school. BYE!" she shouted, as she was dragged out of the house by her mother.
"Geez Brendon" Pete said, after she left "The first one you try to tap has a strict mother. I feel for you, bro."

That was the first chapter! Auditioned characters come in later! Bye!
Sign up to rate and review this story