Categories > Original > Drama > Growing Up

Chapter 2

by atomickilljoy 2 reviews

"What the fuck is this?"

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-09-14 - Updated: 2012-09-15 - 804 words

0Unrated
1 Week Later
Jennifer stood there, in Brendon's living room, at 5:30 A.M, waiting for Brendon to get ready for the first day of school.
"DONE!" he shouted, from the bathroom for the 5th time
"You sure?" she shouted back
"I...Yes, now I'm ready!" he shouted
He walked in with his schoolbag, ready to leave for their first day of Sophomore Year, and for Brendon, his first year at this school. He was, newly, 15 and ready to start school.
They walked out of the house and walked towards to train station.
"Ughh I'm so tired" he whined
"Suck it up. I've been up since 4, more or less" she said
"So where's Alex?" Brendon asked
Jennifer bit her lip. She had forgotten about Alex. Alex doesn't like Brendon too much, and she feared that they would see him on the train.
"I haven't seen him since he stormed out. I have no idea where he is."
"Yeah, why DID he storm out?" Brendon asked
"I don't know" Jennifer answered honestly.
They walked up the stairs and swiped their Metro Cards.
They walked up the stairs and into the waiting area, the area where their train would be arriving in.
"I have no idea how you do this" Brendon said
"You'll get used to it all."
"So are we going to have any classes together?"
Jennifer took out her program, which she picked up yesterday with Brendon. Brendon took out his and gave it to Jennifer.
"We only have 4 classes together, and lunch. I have a bunch of advanced classes with the seniors so you're on your own for a bit" she said
"WHAT?! The SENIORS?" he asked. He was baffled.
"Oh..yeah. I got placed in a bunch of advanced classes"
"Wow...you never fail to amaze me" Brendon said
Jennifer smiled as she blushed. Brendon noticed her blushing, so he opened his mouth to say something when the train arrived.
"Let's go" Jennifer said
Brendon looked at the train, amazed and terrified by it.
"I'm not getting on that" he said
"Come on! The train is about to stop and open it's doors!" She said
"No. I refuse to get on that thing" he said
"Fine" she said, lowering her head. The train doors opened, and all of a sudden, Jennifer grabbed Brendon's hand and pulled him into the train, before he could even react. By the time they both got in, the train doors automatically shut, and the train started. Brendon shut his eyes, expecting the train to go off the railroad and kill them, but when nothing happened, he opened his eyes. He looked outside of the closest window, and was amazed at the sight f the city that early in the morning.
"You see? It's not so bad!" Jennifer said.
Brendon kept staring out of the window, simply amazed.
"What the fuck is this?" someone said, grabbing the attention of both Brendon and Jennifer.
"What do you-" Jennifer started, when she realized that he was referring to Jennifer's hand wrapped around Brendon's. "Oh..."
Jennifer moved her hand away, much to Brendon's displeasure.
"Fuck you, Jennifer" Alex said, then moved to the next cart.
"Well, shit" Jennifer said, confused.
Brendon went back to looking outside of the window, amazed that he can look at the city while remaining seated.
After about 2 hours of silence, Jennifer spoke up.
"We're finally here!" she chimed
She greabbed Brendon's arm and they got off the train, walked down the station stairs, and went outside. They walked 2 blocks and were finally there.
"JEN! WOOOOOOOOO YOU MADE IT!" someone shouted
There were 3 boys running towards Jennifer and Brendon.
"TRE COOL,YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" Jennifer shouted back, with a huge smile. Tre tackled Jennifer in a hug, knowing she wouldn't willingly give one. While Tre and Jennifer were down, two other boys, one blond and one black haired, piled on top of Tre, all struggling to hug her.
"Billie, Mike, Tre...bad! Off,boys!" Jennifer said
They got off of Jennifer and helped her up.
"I expected this from Tre and Billie, but Mike!" Jennifer said, in a motherly voice "I'm disappointed in you!" she pointed at the blond haired guy, who pretended to look sad
They all started to laugh.
"So who's the new kid?" Tre asked
"Oh! This is Brendon! Brendon, this is Tre, Mike, and Billie! They're Juniors! Well, Billie and Mike are. Tre is a sophomore." she said "They're also in a band called Sweet Children!"
"Jen, I'm still thinking of dropping out!" Tre said
"Tre, try to tough it out for a bit more. If you DO drop out,at least get your GED." Jennifer said "Now hurry up! We have to get in before the doors close!"
They all rushed inside the building, knowing this was the start of a very drama filled life.
Sign up to rate and review this story