Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Is A War I Can't Win

It Starts Out Harmlessly

by LETDOWNOFTHECENTURY 1 review

Gerard feels sick, after a rough night of recording

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-10-01 - Updated: 2012-10-01 - 450 words

0Unrated
Gerard Way looked down at the guitar he was holding, and growled.
"Fuck," he snarled, as he attempted to play.
 He had been trying write some guitar tracks, but they weren't turning out. 
MCR was recording Danger Days, and things were extremely hectic. They had just let their manager go, and were searching for a new one, without much success. 
Frank Iero looked at his best friend.
"Gerard? You okay?" 
Gerard's eyes looked wild for a minute; as if he was trying to run away. Frank frowned.
"Gerard?" He repeated.
Gerard jumped, "Ah, shit. Sorry Frank." 
"You okay?" 
Gerard nodded, "Yeah. I, uh, I'm fine. I'm just fucking up this guitar part all the time." 
"Here," Frank said, reaching around Gerard, "lemme help." 
Gerard let Frank place his hands on his own, as Frank helped him form chords. 
"I suck at guitar..." Gerard muttered. 
"Hey, it's okay. Don't worry," Frank said, as he helped his friend strum. 
They sat there for twenty minutes, working on a song. Gerard smiled a bit.
"Thanks Frank."
"No probs Gerard." 
Gerard put down the Les Paul, and rubbed his eyes. 
"Fuck, I'm tired," he groaned. 
"No shit, man. It's two in the morning!" Frank exclaimed. 
Gerard shakily removed the headphones, that were tangled in his bright red hair, and walked out of the studio, into a bedroom. He fell asleep, feeling woozy. 
---
Gerard woke up with a bad case of bed-head, and walked to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Danger Days was in the final stages, and was being wrapped up next month, then there was a world tour right after! 
He frowned at his reflection. He had bags under his eyes, and was unusually pale. He grabbed a toothbrush and scrubbed out his mouth. After that, he went and changed into a Iron Maiden shirt, and black skinnies. 
He walked into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes. 
"Morning," he yawned. 
"Hi Gerard," Mikey, Ray and Frank said. 
Ray shot Frank a worried glance. 
Frank just shrugged, and turned to Mikey. 
Suddenly, Gerard's eyes widened. He looked as if he was going to be sick. 
"Gerard?" Mikey said, sounding scared. 
"I gotta go!" Gerard gasped, running to the bathroom. 
Mikey looked at Frank, "Is something wrong with Gerard?" 
"I dunno, he seems stressed out lately." 
Ray looked at him, "Do you think he's using again?"
Mikey's eyes widened in shock, "Ray, seriously?! Gerard's been clean for 7 years!" 
Ray shrugged, "He's under a lot of pressure lately." 
Frank looked worried, "I hope he's okay." 
Mikey pursed his lips as he heard distant retching. 
"I'm gonna go check on him," Mikey said, pushing past his two friends.
*new story!! Please tell me what you think!!*
Sign up to rate and review this story