Categories > TV > Degrassi > Secrets We Keep

Evil Intentions

by SecretlyInSlytherin 0 reviews

Eli's POV He just can't understand why she won't go along with it.

Category: Degrassi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-10-03 - Updated: 2012-10-03 - 1345 words

0Unrated
How can Claire even think that what she is doing will keep Fitz from bullying me? He is going to do whatever the hell he wants no matter what any of us do. Fitz only wants Claire to go to Vegas Night with him to get back at me. How can Claire even begin to justify what she is doing? I just need someone to talk to…someone who understands that revenge is the only way.

Spotting Brianna walking a few paces ahead of me I pick up my pace, eventually falling into step with her. I pull her black ear – bud out of her left ear, if anyone will understand it'll be her.

"So I guess you're pissed, huh?" she asks, interlacing her fingers with mine.

"How can she even think this will end things?" I reply.

Brianna lets out a sigh, obviously thinking of a way to put things, "Claire is about everyone getting along," she explains. "I don't get it either."

I smirk, being around Brianna is easy. I don't have to try I can simply be…that's nice. "So do you have anyone to go to Vegas Night with?"

"No, I wasn't planning on going. School sponsored events really aren't my thing," Bri replies, glancing over at me.

Rolling my eyes I let go of her hand; extracting the tickets that had caught my eye only moments earlier, "Yet you bought two tickets." I remark, holding them up for her to see.

Brianna quickly snatches them away from me, shoving them into her back pocket. "I was hoping…it's really not that important now."

"I'll pick you up at five," I respond curling my arm around her slender waist.

As we walk out the door I spot Fitz leaning up against the hand rail of the steps. I can't just let him get away with what he has done.

"You're a big man, Fitzy," I announce, not telling go of Brianna, “using Claire to get back at me."

Brianna squirms under my grip, "Eli, loosen up…please."

"Girl came on me man," states Fitz as I loosen my grip on Brianna's waist. "I guess she's looking for a guy who wears less eye makeup than she does. Besides, it looks like you already found someone to replace dear Claire." he continues, looking down at my arm wrapped around Bri.

"Lay off it Fitz," says Brianna, looking him directly in the eyes.

"Shut up, Brianna!" snaps Fitz, looking thrown by the lack of fear Brianna has for him.

"You hurt her…" I start unable to think up a good enough threat.

"And you'll what tough guy?" jeers Fitz, enjoying my temporary loss of words.

I stand there hating Fitz more now than I ever have before. He clearly understands how much it pains me to have him anywhere near Claire and now the way he glowers at Brianna…the dude needs to learn how to treat girls. Hell he needs to learn how to treat people in general.

"That's what I thought," he says beginning to walk down the steps. "But don't worry, when we have sex I'll be gentle."

As Brianna makes to go after Fitz I wrap my other arm around her, lifting her small body up off the concrete step. She will only get hurt, I don't want that.

"Bastard! How can you even think Claire will go along with that? Go to hell Mark Fitzgerald!" Brianna hollers after him, clawing at my arms.

Fitz simply shakes his head as he continues to walk away; his back to us. Once he is out of view I set Bri back down before moving to lean against the raining, feeling as if all the air had been knocked from my lungs…he wouldn't. Claire is so innocent; to have Fitz take that away from her…I cannot even begin to fathom the terrible things I will do to him.

"Eli," Brianna starts, cupping my cheek in her hand, "I hate him as much as you do, but if we can just make it through tonight…." she continues, looking ready to kill.

Unable to help myself I take her face in my hands, pressing my lips to hers. I put all my pain, frustration, hatred and lust in this one kiss; lavishing in the feeling of Brianna this close to me.

"Do you need a ride home?" I ask, detaching myself from Bri.

She shrugs in response, "If you're offering. I guess it beats walking."

As I drive Brianna looks through her black messenger bag. Making an odd growling sound, resembling that of an agitated bear, she unzips the front pocket of her bag. After about a minute of digging she extracts a smallish white bottle; shoving the black bag off her lap.

"Give this to Claire, tell her to put it in Fitz's drink, "she instructs as I pull up in front of her house.

"What is it?" I question, taking the bottle from her; inspecting it.

"It's ipecac. Can't you read?" asks Brianna, rolling her beautiful pale blue eyes.

"Right, it makes people barf," I reply, pocketing the bottle.

"Bye, Eli. Make sure you give that to her," Bri says, slamming her door as she gets out of the car.

"See you at five," I call after her as she heads towards the front door, “wear something pretty."

Brianna gives me thumbs up before retreating into her place of residence. I smile as I drive away; if Bri didn't have a million other things going on in her life she would most definitely be a criminal master mind.

Walking up the steps of Jenna's house I can't help but feel a tad nervous. What if Claire decides against putting ipecac in Fitz's drink? Letting out a breath I ring the bell, expecting the worst.

"Speak of the devil," Allie, Drew's girlfriend, says looking around the door at me.

Ignoring her remark I step into the dimly lit room. Claire is sitting in front of a mirror putting some kind of gunk on her lips that most girls wear.

"Hi," I say, offering her a smile.

"Hey," Claire replies, not getting up.

"Can I talk to you outside?" I ask, not wanting to tell her to slip something in Fitz's drink in front of her friends.

"Yeah," she says, standing, "sure."

I lead her toward the front door, closing it behind me.

"It's ipecac; makes people barf. Brianna gave it to me," I explain, holding the bottle out for Claire to see as I lean up against Morty.

"Most guys just bring flowers," responds Claire, glancing at the bottle held between my thumb and index finger.

"I want you to slip it in Fitz's drink," I say, hoping she will just go with it.

"What happened to being the bigger man?" asks Claire…there go my hopes.

"I can't…not anymore," I state thinking back to what Fitz said earlier.

"Because…?"

"Don't be naïve. Fitz is a bad guy; I saw what he is capable of," I start trying to keep my temper in check. "He wants to have sex with you."

"Oh, then you're right; the appropriate response is to poison him," replies Claire, her words laced with sarcasm.

"I told you!" I shout, too angry with her lack of understanding on the subject to care. "This –" I wave the bottle of ipecac in her face, "is how you control bullies. Keep them scared!"

Claire looks outraged, "Do you know who else uses those tactics?" she questions, "Terrorists."

I scoff not believing any of it, "I don't understand. Whose side are you on?"

"I'm not sure, but I know it's not the side that poisons people," states Claire before heading back inside Jenna's house.

I pocket the ipecac, bringing my fists down on the roof of Morty. Why is this happening? Am I not allowed to be happy? Slamming the car door I check the time; I still have thirty minutes till I'm supposed to pick up Bri. Screw it, she won't kill me if I'm early…will she?
Sign up to rate and review this story