Categories > Original > Horror >

Chapter 1

by owlicesezhoot 0 reviews

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-10-08 - Updated: 2013-04-20 - 770 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2. 

Finally the bell rings for the end of school, and I'm out. As I start the long walk home, I heave a sigh of relief that I've made it through another week of torment. As I head down the road I'm passed by the school bus, with Ethan and co in the back window reminding me why I stopped taking it. I hate walking home in the winter; it's dark by 4pm and bitterly cold ALL THE FUCKING TIME. I put the hood up on my favourite jumper and let the sleeves engulf my hands, increasing my pace.   

Closing the door behind me I throw my bag on the floor and head into the kitchen for some well needed hot chocolate. As I'm ransacking cupboards in search of marshmallows, I suddenly feel something very solid and noisy ram into my leg. "Mikey!!" I bend down to scratch the mad dog and the silly thing starts jumping up at me. Soon we're both in a heap on the floor laughing and barking hysterically. Eventually I manage to push him off of me and stand up, while he starts running round the island still barking. I finish making my drink and take it into the front room, Mikey hot on my heels. I flop down on the sofa and grab the remote from the seat next to me, seconds before its replaced by a panting ball of fur. He looks up at me with such a comical expression I can't help but giggle. I scratch his ears before beginning to flick through the channels trying to find something that could amuse me for a while. Finally deciding on an old rerun of friends I've seen so many times I've lost count, I settle down sipping my chocolate.
 
"Hayley? Haaayyley??" mum comes Into the sitting room just as I open my eyes and blink heavily, stretching. "oh.. hi mum, sorry, I guess I fell asleep.." I say standing and rubbing my leg where Mikey has been lying on me. "hi sweetheart, how was your day?" she asks as she swoops in to hug me, leaving me silently choking from her heavy perfume. "hckh it was alright, I guess.." "good good..." she's already turning for the kitchen "shall I put the dinner on? What d'ya fancy?" "don't mind really" I murmur as I follow her and sit up at the island, while she begins to rummage through the fridge. In the end we settle for spag bol, as it's my favourite. When I'm done I cram my plate into the already full dishwasher and head upstairs to do homework. Grabbing my bag and a can of coke on the way I shove my bedroom door open with my foot. As I enter the familiar room I feel myself relax as though all the tension has suddenly been removed from my body, like the air being let out of a balloon. I sigh, more happily this time and my eyes automatically scan my wall of posters, taking in the beautiful faces of all my favourite bands. It's a collection to be proud of,  and I'd spent a whole day last summer arranging them across the entire wall. My favorites are positioned just above my bed; an A1 sized My Chemical $Romance, another of You Me At Six, and a third of Fall Out Boy, followed by an A2 all time low, fearless vampire killers and panic! at the disco. There are several others of green day, Falling In Reverse, Paramore, Asking Alexandria, Bring Me The Horizon, 30 seconds to mars and so on. So many so that you can't actually see my wall anymore. My mum can't see why I would want so many strangers on my wall, but she doesn't understand that, to me, none of them are strangers; more like all my heroes and best friends brought together in one place. Ive looked at them so many times now, I could tell you anything about any poster with my eyes shut. Dropping my bag on the floor by my desk I pull my iPod out of my pocket and shove it into my docking station, hitting shuffle in the process. I turn up the volume till the sound is vibrating through the room and flop down on my bed, closing my eyes. After a few minutes like this, just lying there listening, I heave another sigh and decide, that actually, I really can't be arsed, and my homework can wait till tomorrow. So instead I reach over and grab my book from the dresser and curl my legs up underneath me to read.
Sign up to rate and review this story