Categories > Original > Drama > Being Teagan Morris

The Only Good Thing About School...

by Chiaramonte 0 reviews

There's only one reason why Teagan actually enjoys her English classes...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2012-10-15 - Updated: 2012-10-16 - 366 words

0Unrated
“Teagan Morris! Can you repeat the last line that was said in the movie?” asked Mr. Harold, my old and grumpy history teacher.
“No sir. I wasn’t listening. It’s a little difficult when I have a chronic head ache,” I lied, smiling to myself on the inside whilst maintaining a ‘sick’ look on the outside.
“Well then maybe you should go to the nurses’ office. I’ll write you a hall pass.”
“Oh, no need sir, it’s just around the corner.”
I left the classroom and headed towards the nurses office, taking a detour to my locker and then the girl’s bathroom. It’s a good thing I keep emergency make-up at school. I removed all my foundation and put on a pale layer of ‘Invisible’ make-up. I paid around $150 for it, and so far, it has never let me down. It makes me paler but doesn’t look or feel like make-up. Oh, the things that money can buy.

After resting in the nurses’ office for the rest of my history class, I sat in my usual spot at the cafeteria, surrounded by the rest of the cheerleaders and jocks.
“Teagan baby!” hooted Kevin Killcare, quarterback of the football team, as he sauntered over to the table, followed by the rest of the team.
“I thought you went home sick in History?” asked Nick Harlot, as he sat across from me, next to his girlfriend, Patricia Banks, my best friend.
“No, Mr Harold is just so boring I fell asleep, so I went and had a nap in the office.” I replied, matter-of-factly, eating my salad slowly.
The rest of lunch was just a blur of gossip and rumour starting. Okay, so we’re not the nicest girls in the world, but that’s our business, not yours.
When the bell rang, a bright smile crossed my face. Not only was it the last class of the day, but it was also my favourite class.
English.
Why is it my favourite class? Not because I’m good at it. Not because I like anything to do with the subject. No. I’m madly in love with Evan Cooper, my English teacher.
Sign up to rate and review this story