Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Family Man I Was

Morning Runners

by ZOMBIENATION 0 reviews

I guess you never really know someone until you really get to know them. One day my life happens to be perfect and the next, it all comes crashing down into oblivion. But who's responsible?

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-18 - Updated: 2006-07-18 - 1005 words

0Unrated
Morning isn't the greatest time to lay eyes on me. I mean, I'm not really the morning person, but I guess it's my own fault. Last one to sleep of a night and last one to wake up. Or to be woken up by my bouncy joyful little creation of my 5 year old daughter.

"DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!"

I love her to death and everything, but I really don't appriciete it when she gives me her wake up calls. I slowly emergy my head from under the warm satan sheets to be faced with Jane's flushed little excited face. Her little blue eyes bore into my darker ones as she squinted a smile at my awakened state. Jumping into a sit down position next to where I lay, without my wife beside me. But, then again, Liz was always the first to be up in the mornings.

"Daddy?"

Without sitting up, I turn my head to the left of me to face my offspring. "Yes Babs?" That, was of course, my pet name for my only child. My treasure. All that showed from behind my bed covers, was my early groggy looking face. Her little innocent face giggled at my tired face. "Why are you soo lazy?" she giggled at the word lazy.

I blinked a few crazy quick blinks that made her laugh ever since she was a baby. I don't know why but, she always laughed when I did the blink thing. She did what I had hoped for and giggled her little sweet girl giggle. She sure was a propper little girly girl. She liked Dolls and what made her my daughter was the fact that she loved Sally from my favourite film of all time The Nightmare Before Christmas. I had baught her a huge Sally Doll for her previous birthday. "I don't know Babs. What reason would give me for my laziness?"

I stared at her in amusement as she placed the tip of her left index finger to the middle of her chin and looked up to the cieling in deep thought. She stayed like that for a few brief moments. Her face lit up when she seemed to find an acceptable answer to fill me in with. "Because you worked hard all day, everyday, playing your guitar."

"I suppose that's true." I nodded with a smile.

"Oh and..." she got lost in thought once more, "Mommy makes you do your chores."

"Yup. You got that right." We sat there in a few minutes of comfortable silence. Her eyes searched around the room until they landed to stare at me, I gave her a wink and she giggled, "Your eyes are funny, dad."

"Is that a good or bad thing?" I asked in a manner of childish curiousity.

"It's good coz' your funny." she giggled again, so much this time that it made me chuckle to myself of how she was simply entertaining to me. I noticed her clothing, although she was girly, she also had a bit of a little baby dark side in the clothes she liked to wear. At the top, she wore a black Level 27 t-shirt with the Level 27 simple logo on in white on the front, a little pair of black pants with a baby one studded belt and mini red converse. It was adorable. She looked like a mini Liz wearing my clothes. Her red hair was down in durly locks around her face that contained the normal amounts of puppy fat.

"Where's mommy?" I asked her.

"In the kitchen talking to Uncle Paul."

"Paul's here?"

She nodded, "And Uncle Benji."

"Ok." I sat up and pushed the covers down. The soft cool air hit the surface of my warm skin. I shivered a litte but ignored it as I stood up and headed towards my closet.

"Mommy said to get your lazy bottom out of bed."

I snorted a chuckle and reached into the closet, pulling out a Muse t-shirt and a pair of gray dickies. "Tell Mommy that I'll be down in a few minutes."

"Ok Daddy." she nodded, jumping of my bed and racing out of the room.

"DON'T RUN DOWN THE STAIRS!" I shouted out for her to hear just before she reached the staircase.

"OK!" I heard her little voice shout back.

So I did all my face wash, teeth was, eye make-up and all my daily routine.

"It wakes!" Benji called at me as I entered the kitchen. Benji and Jane sat at the breakfast table eating bacon, eggs and toast. I'm not a fan of meat of any kind, but, I will let my daughter have her own free will. Liz was handling the saucepan at the stove and making me woffles and pancakes. My favourite, which of course she knew.

I walked over to Liz, wrapping my arms around her waist and placing a kiss on the side of her neck. "Ew!" giggled Benji and Jane in union as they continued to shove more of their breakfast into their pig out mouths. Man, they both ate. Alot.

Liz laughed and I poked my tounge out at the both of them. "Where's Paul?" I asked absentmindedly.

"T.V." Benji stated simply.

"How are you this morning?" she asked me in a some what, playful tone. My arms still wrapped firmly around her.

"Good. Wonderful now that I'm with you." I played my voice back, purring in her ear as I kissed the her warm cheek.

"Get a room." Jane giggled again.

"Yeah, me and my sister are trying to eat." shouted Benji in a mocking tone.

I rolled my eyes of disinterest of his dissapproval.

Jane giggled again. "Uncle Benji?"

"Yes my sugar plum?"

"Can you take me to the park today?"

"If your mommy and daddy say so, then of course."

"Mommy?" she asked looking up.

"I don't see why not." answered Liz.

"Daddy?"

"Ok, but you have to look after Benji. Make sure he doesn't get in trouble."

Benji poked his tounge out at me.
Sign up to rate and review this story