Categories > Original > Humor > Beside the seaside, beside the sea.

Beside the seaside, beside the sea.

by Missus_Blaze 0 reviews

My friend Danielle asked me to write her a story based at Butlins. (For those of you who don't know, Butlins is a British holiday camp, home of the Redcoats. The redcoats are the camps entertainers...

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres: Parody - Published: 2012-11-07 - Updated: 2012-11-07 - 890 words

0Unrated
August, the month where family's are scrambling to find last minute things for the kids to do before they go back to school, the month people wished for that last bit of sun, and the month that the Lewis family were going to visit their favorite place for a week, Butlins!

Every year the Lewis family, much like other family around the UK would spend a week or two at Butlins for their holidays. They loved the atmosphere,the music, the food, the people, well they loved everything about Butlins, and Danielle couldn't wait to get to the little seaside town of Minehead and see all her favorite redcoats and shows.

''I can see the skyline mum! Look look over there!'' Danielle pointed at the camps main enclosed space, the skyline and smiled. Every year as soon as they got close enough to see the large tent like roof of the skyline Danielle would point out how close they were, it was almost like a tradition now.
''I know Danielle I know! I'm trying to concentrate here.'' Her mother laughed, indicating to turn into the camp. She loved how happy the camp made her daughter. Danielle's mum wound down the window as she approached one of the Redcoats who waved at the family.
''Hi! Welcome! I'm Redcoat Paul, can I can see your paperwork? Oh great thanks!'' He looked through the paperwork and handed it back ''Great. DO you know where you need to go? You do?! Great! Ok, well I hope you enjoy your holiday! Say hi if you see me!'' And with that he ran off to the car behind.
''When we have parked and checked in and everything can I go and explore?'' Danielle asked sweetly, she knew her parents would say yes, but she always thought it polite to ask.
''Of course.'' Her father replied.

Not long later Danielle had left her mother and father and went to explore the skyline. She wanted to find her favorite redcoat. Redcoat Chris, he always made me laugh. She could see him up on the skyline stage and ran over to watch what was going on. As she got closer she could see the Redcoat who had welcomed her family to the camp, Redcoat Paul, she already knew his name though, everyone did. He, Chris and the other Chris (who had now left unfortunately) were three of the main names that popped up whenever Redcoats were being discussed anywhere. She sat down on the floor and watched the two Redcoats mess about on the stage, talking about what everyone could expect to see during the week.

''And now Boys and Girls, Mums and Dads, Teenagers and well Teenagers, who wants to see us attempt to dance to Chocolatte.......5 times faster then normal!!'' Redcoat Paul spoke into his microphone.
Everyone laughed, the people who were regulars to Butlins laughing harder then everyone else as they knew just how badly that could turn out.
''I take that as a yes then. Ok, lets do this Redcoat Paul.'' Chris giggled into his microphone before setting it down. He clicked a button on his laptop and the music started.
Everybody loves a chocolatteeeeeeeeeee The music squeaked, the two Redcoats struggling to keep up with speed.
Danielle laughed so hard she was red in the face.
''Who thinks they can do better?'' Redcoat Chris asked the crowd, his face almost matching the colour of his jacket. Danielle put her hand up, not thinking either of the Redcoats would notice.
''You! Come up here!'' Redcoat Paul pointed at Danielle and she felt herself grow a deeper shade of red. She shuffled up onto the stage and smiled.
''So what's your name?'' Redcoat Chris asked, holding the microphone toward the girl.
''Danielle.''
''And how old are you Danielle?'' Redcoat Paul asked, doing the same as Chris and holding out the microphone for Danielle to speak into.
''I'm 16.'' Danielle could feel her cheeks were still a bit pink, but hopefully it wasn't that noticeable.
''Ok Danielle.....Ready.... on the count of three I'm gonna start the music ok and we want to see you do the chocolatte better then us.'' Redcoat Chris walked over to the laptop. Danielle nodded and shut her eyes for a couple seconds, trying to compose herself.
''3.....2.....1!'' Redcoat Chris started the music, and he and Redcoat Paul watched as Danielle did the dance perfectly, even with the music being 5 times faster then normal.

Danielle could hear cheers and clapping but didn't really pay attention until the music had finished. She looked out and could see all the children staring up at her, smiling and clapping, and all the parents cheering loudly.
She turned to look at the two Redcoats, stood by the laptop mouths wide open.
And that was when she realized, this is what she wanted to do forever. She wanted to be a Redcoat.

____________________________________________________________________
I hope you like it Danielle, I know it's short but I thought I'd make the first bit short, and if you liked it I could add to it, like another chapter. But if you didn't like it then leaving it like this would be ok.

Let me know what you think! :) If you like it I'll add another chapter.
Sign up to rate and review this story