Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Is How I Disappear

Chapter One

by artismyweapon 0 reviews

First Frerard fan fic c:

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2012-11-14 - Updated: 2012-11-15 - 1976 words

2Exciting
Chapter One:
POV: Gerard
It was Frank. I knew it was him immediately when I looked at him because of his hazel eyes and jet black hair. I remembered that he dyed his hair a little over a week ago. He also got his fringe dyed red. It fit his complexion perfectly. The way his fire engine red hair flowed perfectly right above his eyebrows. The way his lips were a soft pink even though he never wore makeup. Well, except when he wore the red eye shadow on most days. Just thinking about him sent butterflies through my stomach. I reached out to touch his hand. Before I could, a loud beeping sound went through my ear drums.
I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ear. “The... the fuck,” I said as I threw it against the wall. It slammed against the wall and then crumpled to the floor. “Shit.”
My name is Gerard Way. I am 18 years old and in my last year of high school. Want to know one of my deepest, darkest secrets? I am in love with my best friend, Frank. I have long, black hair. I am average height. I love comic books, art, and video games. My favorite bands include the Misfits, Black Flag, Iron Maiden, the Smiths, etc.
Now I must talk about Frank. He is in 12th grade with my younger brother, Mikey, and I. Frank is short, skinny, funny, nice, sensitive, and just fucking perfect. Ever since my brother met him when he was in ninth-grade they immediately bonded over comic books and music. I didn’t have many classes with Frank and Mikey, but Mikey had all classes with him.
I remember the first time Mikey brought Frank to our house four years ago. It seemed like yesterday because I remember it perfectly.
Four years earlier
“Mom! Gerard! Frank is here,” said Mikey. I just sat in my room and played video games because I was such an awkward kid. I still am, actually. I’m a misfit. I have finally come to terms with my thoughts about being invisible to everyone. I’m sort of okay with it now. I didn’t use to be, that’s for sure. I dealt with in the worst way possible… I thought I would never have a relationship with someone, never make any friends, never fit in.
After about an hour of playing some zombie video game, I heard a knock on my door. Thinking it was my mom or Mikey, I said,“Come in.”
The door opened and there stood Frank. It was the first time I had ever seen him, but since we rarely ever had any of our friends over, and since Mikey said Frank was over, I assumed that it was him. I almost fell out of my chair, stunned by his beauty. He had short hair wish a medium length fringe going down the side of his face just past his eyes. His eyes had a certain sparkle to them that drew my attention to them like magnets. I’m pretty sure I sat there for about an hour checking him out before he said,“Hi. My name’s Frank.”
I was sort of speechless at the time, so all I could make out was,“Hi,” but it was a mumble.
He just sort of stood there staring at me. I did the same and stared right back. I finally gained some confidence and said,“My name is Gerard. Sorry for… um… staring at you. You’re cute.” The last part just escaped my mouth without me really knowing. What the fuck, Gerard. I blushed like crazy and looked down at my shoes.
“Oh. Thanks.” He said and, to my surprise, blushed too. “I... uh think you’re cute, too.”
I completely went red there and decided to turn my back on him there to hide my face. He walked next to me and sat down on my bed. I sat down as well. We just looked at each other for a little bit more until he started talking to me about everything he likes, everything he doesn’t like, and all of his favorite things. I didn’t mind at all because I love his voice. I though he could even be a singer when he grows up.
When he finished talking, he asked me,”What about you? What do you like?”
I went on talking about my favorite bands, my thoughts on music, my favorite color (black), and just basically everything I could think of. He just sat there looking from my eyes to my lips then back to my eyes again.
Even though we had just met each other about an hour ago, I felt that I knew him for my whole life, so I said,”I feel like I have fucking known you forever.”
He said,”I know! You’re really awesome. I hope we can hang out a lot.”
I grinned and gave him a hug. He was stunned at first, but then melted in my arms. It was a nice feeling. I never felt that feeling before because nobody really ever came near me, let alone touch me. I liked the feeling.
I suddenly heard a loud thump against my door. Frank and I broke our hug just as Mikey came bounding into the room and yelled, ”Gerard! Have you seen Fr-” He stopped there once he saw Frank sitting right next to me.
“I’ve been up here for an hour! Where the fuck have you been?” asked Frank.
“Oh, uh, I sorta kinda fell asleep when I came home from the movie store. I rented Dawn of the Dead, though!” he replied.
This brightened our moods greatly and we jumped straight up and followed him downstairs. Frank and I sat next to each other while Mikey went and put the video in the VCR.
We sat there for a couple hours and watched the movie. It was truly the most epic movie I had ever seen before. I have always been fascinated with the dead. Zombies and vampires are my thing. I have been called a vampire multiple times in my life, so I started to believe what they said.
After the movie finished, Frank and Mikey went to Mikey’s room and left me to my thoughts. I didn’t mind, though, because I don’t talk to people much. I just went upstairs and watched t.v. and thought about Frank until I fell asleep. I will never forget the moment I first met Frank.

Present time
I was so caught up in reminiscing that I didn’t realize ten minutes had gone by. I cursed silently to myself for letting time slip by me like that.
I went downstairs, grabbed an apple for breakfast, wished my mom a great day at work, yelled for Mikey to hurry up, and walked out the door. I was only a few yards away when Mikey yelled to me,”Hey! Wait up, fucker!”
I stopped and waited for him to catch up to me. When he finally did, we both walked to school. I didn’t say anything to him, but he started to ramble on about Star Wars or something. Usually, I would be interested in what he was talking about, but not today. Today was the day I would finally tell Frank I liked him. I have been trying to gain the confidence for a while now. When I say a while, I mean four years. Yes, it has taken me four years to finally come to terms with my sexuality. I am gay. There, I said it. Only my mom, brother, and Frankie know, though. They didn’t mind when I told them, which was a huge fucking relief.
When we got to school, we both went our separate ways. He turned left to go to his locker and I turned right to go to my locker. Thankfully, Frank is the locker right next to me, so I don’t have to go on a wild goose chase to find him. When I turned the corner to walk to my locker, I saw Frank already there gathering his books for the classes before lunch.
I gathered up all the courage I could muster and walked up to him, opened my locker, got my books, and said bravely,”Hey, I need you to meet me behind the school during lunch.”
I didn’t wait for him to respond in fear that he might question me, so I just ran off to my English class. Luckily, he has history class first period, which was on the other side of the school.
School dragged on. Boring as always. My first five periods before lunch went pretty quickly. It’s probably because I have been replaying what my conversation with Frank will be like. I do know one very important thing. Frank is bi. Bi meaning he likes both guys and girls. I have never seen him date a guy before, but some girls. He’s been single for a couple months now, so I guess it’s time to make my move.
One of my worst fears is rejection, so this will probably be one of the hardest things I will ever have to do. I know that I will have to force myself to talk. I will be extremely awkward and shy and just... everything. What if he doesn’t like me? What if he laughs in my face? What if he doesn’t want to be friends after I told him? These are just some of questions I have been asking myself the past five hours.
Finally, lunch came around. I rushed straight to my locker right after the bell rang, so Frank didn’t see me before I told him I liked him. I went behind the school next to the trash cans. I thought that it wasn’t the most romantic place to tell your crush you like them, but whatever. He won’t mind.
I waited there for about five very long, dragged-out minutes. I heard nothing but my thoughts until I heard some loud shuffling coming. I prepared myself to tell him.
The next thing I knew, three or four jocks turned the corner and started running after me with their fists raised. I bolted from my place and started running as fast as I could to wherever Frank could possibly be. I rain past the trash cans, through the doors, past hundreds of teenagers, through hallways, and to my locker where I prayed I would find Frank. The jocks were about ten feet behind me. I don’t work out much, but I am a fast motherfucker for someone my age. I have had to run from bullies for most of my middle school years and all of my high school years. It was nothing new, but I hated coming home with a bloody lip and bruises all over my body. I hated the look of sadness I got from my mother when I told her what happened.
As I ran past everyone in the hallways, I saw a flash of red next to my locker, which meant Frank was there putting his books away. I started to sprint towards him with my hands held out in front of me prepared to fly into his arms.
When I reached him, I went into his arms, but quickly stood behind him. The jocks caught up to me and ran straight towards Frank and I. We just stood there, but I knew we were going to be fine. The jocks are extremely scared of Frank. Ever since he almost killed the quarterback of the football team, he hasn’t been dealing with bullies recently...

End of chapter one
Sign up to rate and review this story