Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Is How I Disappear

Chapter Two

by artismyweapon 0 reviews

Yay second chapter!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Bob Bryar,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2012-11-14 - Updated: 2012-11-15 - 3261 words

1Insightful
two months earlier
POV: Frank
I woke up at 9:36 on a Saturday morning. My first thought was of Gerard. I was dreaming about him very early this morning, but then I woke up right as we were about to kiss. Yes, I like Gerard. Very much. I am not exactly gay. I’m bi. I like guys and girls. I haven’t dated a boy before, but a couple of girls. I haven’t had a crush on any guy before, so I might just be gay for Gerard. I have had a crush on Gerard for four fucking years, though. At first I denied that I liked him because I didn’t want to believe I was gay or bi or some shit. I wanted to be as normal as possible back then, but now I don’t give a fuck about what anybody else thinks of me. Well, except for Gerard. Him, I greatly care about. But no one knows about my crush on Gerard except for my best friend, Mikey.
My second thought was Halloween. Today is Halloween. My birthday is on Halloween! Fuck yeah! I turn eighteen today. Finally! It’s about fucking time! Okay, I think I’m done freaking out. I am just so happy that I get to vote. Not. But I am pretty excited. I have freedom! I can move out of this hell hole! I can finally get tattoos that I want! I know exactly which ones I am going to get. I’ll get “Halloween” tattooed on my fingers and a pumpkin on my upper back. I have done quite a bit of thinking about the tattoos I want to get ever since I was about thirteen years old. That’s when I really wanted them.
I got out of bed and took a quick shower. After the shower, I messed with my hair for couple of minutes, but just gave up trying to make it work. I smeared on some black eyeliner and red eyeshadow and went downstairs. My mom was already awake when I came down and was preparing me breakfast. I always had a choice of waffles, cereal, pancakes, fruit, and pumpkin pie on my birthday. I took a little bit of everything just for the hell of it.
After I finished eating, I remembered that Gerard told me he planned something for my birthday today, so I sprinted upstairs and grabbed my phone and texted him,“Hey sexy, what’s up?? ;)” We always called each other pet names, but this time I really meant it. He is extremely fucking handsome. That is a really big compliment coming from me considering I don’t compliment people that much.
Gerard texted back,”Hey baby! I’m doing good, thanks. How are you doing? Better after the break up?”
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that I recently broke up with my past girlfriend, Jamia. Yeah she cheated me so I dumped her. It really broke my heart, because we were together for six months! I thought things were getting serious. I really loved her. As soon as I found out about the cheating, I broke up with her. Ugh just the thought of her aggravates the fuck out of me.
I replied,”Yeah I’m doing better. It might take a while until I’ve fully recovered, but I’ll be okay.”
“Okay good. I don’t want you to be depressed on your birthday! I have something really fucking special planned for you. It’s going to be great!”
“Um okay...... Gerard you know I don’t like surprises!”
“Yeah, but this one is awesome! You’re going to love it.”
“Okay just no spiders. NO SPIDERS!!! You know spiders scare the shit out of me!!!!!”
“Okay, okay! No spiders!”
“Thank you.”
“Haha XD So just come over to my place in a couple hours and we can hang out, okay?”
“Okay sounds good. I’ll be there in a bit.”
“Alright, bye.”
“Later.”
I spent my two hours that I had until I went to the Way’s house at the record store. My mom gave me $700 for me to spend on anything I want for my birthday. I was really surprised because we aren’t rich- at all. She told me that she has been saving up to give it to me for a while. I was extremely grateful, so I gave her a big hug.
I went straight to the record store and bought “Hopeless Romantic” by The Bouncing Souls, “Collection” by the Misfits, and “Damaged” by Black Flag. Those were some pretty fucking sick albums. I still had around $640 left, but I had spent my whole two hours deciding which albums to get and looking at each of them twice.
I drove away from the record store in a hurry to get to the Way’s house. On the way, I stopped by McDonald’s to get french fries and a Coke because I was starving from all that walking around and looking at records. Yes, I am not it the best shape, but yeah. Whatever.
When I arrived at the Way house, I was greeted by the soft, warm arms of my baby, Gerard. I mean Gerard. Not my baby. What the fuck did I just call him????? What?
“Hey, fucker! Long time no see!” he said in a sarcastic tone because I just went around his place last night to watch horror movies.
“Hey!” I said and then laughed. “Whatcha got planned for tonight? Trick or treating? More horror movies? Haunted houses? Parties? Strip clubs?”
“Woah! Hold up, Frankie!” he said. I loved it when he called me Frankie. I blushed, but quickly tried to hide it by staring at the floor. “I said that I had something pretty big planned for you, didn’t I?”
“Yes...”
“Okay then! Keep the faith man!”
“Okay, okay. I’ll calm down.”
“Okay good. Now get in my car we’re going somewhere.”
“Well that came out of nowhere,” I said in surprise.
“Yeah well that’s going to be happening a lot today! We have a whole day scheduled for you. It’s going to be so rad.”
“Alright then. Can I borrow a hoodie?”
“Sure,” replied Gerard then threw me a hoodie that had the Misfits logo on it.
Gerard and I have so much in common. Like our taste in music, for example. I am really into more of punk rock then him, but he still likes the bands. He likes classic rock and metal. Iron Maiden, Misfits, Black Flag, The Beastie Boys, the Smiths, The Bouncing Souls are some really good examples of fantastic bands that Gerard and I both like.
We both got in the car and I suddenly realized Mikey wasn’t with us, so I asked him,“Where is Mikey?”
“Oh he’s getting all of the activities ready at home,” he replied.
“Oh okay.”
Gerard surprised me by pulling a blindfold out from inside the glovebox and throwing it around my head. I tried to slap his hands away from me so I could see, but he, being a stubborn little shit, made me wear it for the duration of the trip to wherever we are going.
When we came to a stop, Gerard got out of his car, opened my door, helped me get out, and put his arm around my waist to support me. Before we walked to the place, he grabbed something out of the glove box again. I put my arm around his shoulder. We both fit perfectly together. I smiled and I swear I could actually hear his smile grow on his face. We walked up to the unknown place and then stopped. He painfully slowly took off my blindfold.
My heart leaped at the sight. A tattoo parlor. “Yes! Oh my fucking god. Thank you so much, Gerard!” I said and threw my arms around his neck. He responded by pulling me closer into the hug.
We walked in and were greeted by a tattoo artist Gerard obviously talked to before, because they were chatting instantly. Gerard gave him the piece of paper that he grabbed out of the glove box. I just stood there looking like a little child marveling at all the tattoo artwork on the walls. I was staring at this particular picture for a while trying to figure out what it meant until Gerard broke my attention with a question.
“So... um... well I saw the drawings you made of the tattoos you wanted to get. Are you sure you still want them?” he asked. I nodded and thought about it for a little more. I want to make sure that I really want the tattoos before it permanently becomes apart of my skin.
“Yes. I would like to get a jack-o-lantern on my back and the word ‘Halloween’ on my fingers please,” I said to the tattoo artist with a smile. I really liked my birthday. It’s on Halloween! It’s fucking awesome!
“Okay then just come take a seat over here and we’ll get started,” said the tattoo artist.
“I’ll just be outside. You know how I am with needles,” said Gerard with a shudder. He waved goodbye and I waved back.
I sat in the chair and waited for the guy to come back. When he returned, he told me that Gerard gave him a paper that had the drawings of what tattoos I wanted. I smiled at Gerard for bringing it with him. I wonder how the fuck he got a copy of it...
“The jack-o-lantern is going to be on my upper back and sort of close to my neck,” I said and took off my shirt and pointed to where I wanted it to be on my back. The guy looked closely at the drawing that I made of the jack-o-lantern and then started at the tattoo.
I’m not going to lie, it hurt very much. I almost cried out, but quickly gathered myself and just took a deep breath and bit my lip.
“Try not to move,” he said. I let out a sigh and tried to gather myself again.
After a couple of minutes, the pain wore off and it sort of felt numb. I got really jittery because I want to see it so badly. I hope he wouldn’t mess up. That would be bad.
After around ten more minutes, he stopped and started to wipe away the excess ink. I waited patiently until he finally stopped the whole process and let me get up.
“What do you think?” he asked.
I just stared at the beautiful piece of artwork now permanently on my back. I loved it! It was gorgeous! Woah that didn’t sound manly at all, but fuck it was awesome! “Thank you so much! I really love it,” I said.
He smiled at me and said,”Okay come over here so I can put a patch over it and start on your other tattoo.”
I shuffled over to him and sat down again. He put the patch over the tattoo and then started on the one on my fingers. After looking at it for a second, he said,”I will have to put two ‘L’s on your third finger of your right hand. Is that okay?”
I nodded and he continued with the tattoo. It hurt a lot, but it was worth it in the end when I got to see what it looked like. I loved it so much! Just as much as the jack-o-lantern on my back. Now every time I hold up my hands I could put my two fists together and show people what it says. This is epic.
The tattoo artist put little bandages over my fingers. I thanked him and went outside to tell Gerard. He was outside smoking and waiting for me. He smiled as I walked out and stood next to him. He stood up and pulled me into a hug.
“Do you love them? More importantly, do you love me?” he asked and laughed.
I giggled and said,”Of course! I love the tattoos and, most importantly, you!”
“Great! Hold on a second, I have to go pay.”
“Wait! I don’t want you to pay! Don’t tattoos cost a shit load of money?”
“Nope! I’m paying! I told him not to accept money from you, so sorry! You can pay for the other... um... stuff.”
I rolled my eyes and waited for him to come back. When he did, we walked back to the car. In the car, he made me put the blindfold back on so I couldn’t see anything again. I groaned and put it back on. I hate not being able to see anything. I am an observer. I don’t talk much in school, so I just watch people go bye and try and figure them out. It’s a lot of fun once you get used to the fact that you’re basically invisible to them.
After about ten minutes of driving, he took the blindfold off me. We were parked in front of what is basically my Heaven. It is a little shopping center. In this shopping center, there was a comic book store, an ice cream shop, a restaurant, a place to rent/buy movies, and another record store. This was definitely my place to go. I couldn’t believe I haven’t found that place ever before! I made a note to myself to get the street names of it.
“So where do you want to go in first?” asked Gerard.
When he spoke, I realized that my mouth was open, so I quickly closed it and said,“The comic book store. I haven’t been to one in fucking ages.”
We walked in and looked around. It is a huge store, so it took us around ten minutes to look around the place once. I like to look at each comic book for a while until I move on, so it took me quite a while to figure out what I wanted. After around thirty minutes of gazing at comics, I went to the cashier and slammed down my comics. I settled with getting Tales of the Zombie, Star Wars, and The Tomb of Dracula. I like Marvel comics a lot, so I got those.
Gerard didn’t get anything, but looked at a lot of them. He was, and still is, really into comic books. Even more than me, which is really saying something. I get pretty fucking serious about my comics.
Next, we went to get ice cream. After we bought it, Gerard looked at his phone and said,”Oh shit! We have like thirty minutes to get back home! Quick! Sprint into the movie store and get some horror movies!”
I ran into the store, grabbed Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, The Exorcist, A Clockwork Orange, and Bruiser. I paid for them and then ran out and hopped into Gerard’s car with Gerard already in it. We drove off to his house in silence until he asked,”Which films did you get?”
I told him the names of the films. He grunted his approval. I suppressed a laugh. I think it’s funny every time he grunts because he sort of sounds like a cave man. He does it a lot, which annoys Mikey because he doesn’t say anything, but I just find it funny.
We arrived at the Way’s house right in time. Gerard made me stand outside while he brought in the comic books and the horror movies. I heard some rustling inside the house and some shouting. I walked up closer to the door and pressed my ear against it. I heard more shouting and then stomping on the carpet. The footsteps were getting closer and before I knew it, the door was flung open and I fell face first onto the ground.
When I looked up I saw Gerard, Mikey, Ray, Bob, Gerard’s mom Donna, and my mom Linda. I blushed furiously and jumped to my feet. Everyone started laughing, including me. After the laughter died down, my mom said,”Happy birthday, sweetie.”
I smiled and said,”Thanks, mom.”
“Yeah, happy birthday man,” said Ray.
“It’s so cool that you have a birthday on Halloween! It makes you double mysterious and double scary,” said Bob.
I laughed and said,”Yeah I’m very spooky. Wait! Do you guys want to see my tattoos?” I asked them.
“Woah! Woah! Woah! What?” asked Mikey, Ray, and Bob in unison.
I laughed and said,” Oh yeah I got tattoos today. That’s why I have bandages on my fingers. Gerard, do you think I can take the bandages off and show everyone?”
“Yeah, I think it will be okay. You’re going to sort of sore, though.”
I took of my shirt and the bandage over my tattoo and showed them the jack-o-lantern one first. I got many “oohs” and “ahhhs” from my friends and family. Next, I showed them my tattoos on my fingers. They laughed when they saw that it read “Halloween.”
“You’ve always loved your birthday, Frankie,” said my mom. I nodded in agreement.
“Okay well we better eat the cake and start up the movies soon! Mikey and I have something more planned tonight for you,” said Gerard with a smirk on his face like he was up to something.
Gerard’s mom cut the cake into pieces and we devoured it in seconds. It was excellent. My mom and Donna stayed in the kitchen and chatted while Mikey, Gerard, Bob, Ray, and I all went into the living room to watch Dawn of the Dead for the five hundredth and talk.
The movie was fantastic, like always. I loved it all. Classic horror movies are my favorite to watch. I think it’s because I wish I was a teenager back in the 1970’s or the 1980’s. Everything was much more simple and easy back then. I like the simplicity of it.
After the movie ended, Mikey pulled a box out of his pocket and handed it to me. It looked sort of like he was about to propose to me or some shit so I had a weirded-out look on my face, but then I realized the box was a bit too big to have a ring in it, so I calmed down. I was freaked out for a second there.
“I really hope you like them,” said Mikey.
I opened the box and saw a pair of fingerless skeleton gloves, fingerless red gloves, and fingerless black gloves. They were amazing. I have always wanted to buy them, I just never got around to it. Or I just forgot to whenever I went to the mall.
“I love them!” I said and jumped over to bear hug Mikey.
When I finished hugging Mikey, I thought I saw a look of jealousy on Gerard’s face, but was quickly wiped away when I jumped on him, threw my legs around him, and gave him a huge hug. We both ended up on the floor laughing, even though my legs were still tightly wrapped around his waist.
“Thanks for paying for the tattoos. It was the best birthday present I have ever had,” I whispered to him.
He smiled and said,”Your welcome, Frankie.”
End of chapter two
Sign up to rate and review this story