Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just an Average Day

Just an Average Day

by ReganAB 1 review

Adrenaline moved to another new school, will his first day be filled with regret or new friends?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-11-14 - Updated: 2012-11-14 - 1116 words

0Unrated
Just an Average Day: An MCR Fan Fiction

Chapter 1: New School, New Friends
He moaned at the sound of his alarm clock ringing at his right ear “7 O’clock, another week, just great” he said with a sarcastic and pissed off tone to his voice, he wasn’t in the mood for school today. Adrenaline was just a teenage boy with nothing to look forward to in his life, wading through his teenage years, alone, quiet and with difficulty. It was a Monday morning, he had just moved schools and this was his first day, looking at his timetable it said he had P.E “Great” he thought “I don’t think I can handle the ridicule”. Too much had happened in the past week for him to just forget, it was a painful week, but he was determined to march on as his favourite song quotes.
After getting changed and having breakfast he runs to the bus, catching it just as it begins to leave, as he walks up the three steps of the bus and flashing his bus card, he turned to the seats. The seats were tattered and ruined, with an obscure pattern across them. He was being watched. Everyone was staring at him, the expressions of confusion across their faces as the new kid prodded to the middle of the bus to sit down, he liked to be alone. He pushed his earphones in to block out the noises of the world around him and put his head on the window. It was a dull day, rain was gently tapping against the bus and the wind was coming through the window that someone had stupidly left open. He could tell it was going to be a bad day from here.
The bus stopped rapidly and without warning, he had to put down his feet from the seat he was resting on next to him so that he didn’t fall and already make a fool out of himself on the first day. As soon as the doors to the bus opened, everybody except Adrenaline got up and left. He was still in his own world, he was day dreaming, and it really didn’t take long for his attention to just snap out of pace and into his dreams. He was one of the last kids on the bus, until another boy, fairly short, pierced ears, drawn on in his own pen and carrying a guitar with “Pansy” written on it, stood up and shook Adrenaline to get up else the bus driver would get really angry. “Cheers” said Adrenaline, the boy just smiled and walked off of the bus. Adrenaline then realised that the boy also had earphones in and probably couldn’t hear what he said, Adrenaline would have to catch up to him later on and thank him.
Gripping he seat next to him he hauled himself up with a great sigh and walked down the aisle to the doors, the walk seemed longer than before. Adrenaline couldn’t believe it, this was his fifth school this year, and the problems seemed to follow him around. He never had the chance to make any friends from his previous schools and was hoping that he would this time around. Taking a quick glance at his timetable, he had Art. He loved art; it was a chance for him to be creative. “Yay” he thought as a happy feeling took him by surprise. He searched for the room using his campus map; it was a huge school. He had found it, room 246. Adrenaline took a deep breath and twisted the door knob on the big wooden door as he walked in he saw he had the right teacher and let out that breath. Everyone turned around in an instant, a wave of murmurs and whispers broke out in the class and the teacher desperately tried to control the class. She introduced Adrenaline but he wasn’t really paying attention, he was too busy looking for that boy he saw earlier. He wasn’t in this class, instead Adrenaline walked over to the closest seat where a boy of about the same age as him, red dyed hair and an innocent expression to his face was there to greet him. “Hi, I’m Gerard” the boy said with his hand extended towards Adrenaline “err… uh Hi” he replied shaking the boys hand.
Gerard let Adrenaline look at his art book to see what topic they were on and Adrenaline’s face lit up “the expression of music! I love this; also, wow you’re so good at drawing! You’re really talented” Gerard blushed slightly “Gee, thanks. So what type of music are you into?”
“Oh you know the usual, rock and stuff. I adore the Misfits” Adrenaline replied hesitantly as usually this conversation would end with an insult or a petty remark, however this was not the case as the boy grinned and also had a shocked expression to his face. He looked like he was about to explode, which, he did. “OH EM GEE I LOVE THE MISFITS I CAN TELL WE ARE GOING TO GET ALONG WELL” this was then followed by a hug and Adrenaline and Gerard lowered their heads as they caught a glimpse of the teacher giving them the “stare of death” as it was so rightly put. Through the remainder of the lesson, Gerard and Adrenaline got to know each other and didn’t get much work done, this would mean homework.
The bell rang and made Adrenaline jump “Oh God!” exclaimed Adrenaline, this sent Gerard into a fit of laughter and tears started to stream down his face. As Gerard was calming down, Adrenaline picked up his black bag which was laden with badges and stickers of all sorts, one of them seemed to catch Gerard’s eye. It was a picture of a bass guitar “So, you play bass?” asked Gerard. Adrenaline wasn’t sure how to reply, he did play the bass but by Gerard’s expression he didn’t know whether this was a good or a bad thing. After a few seconds of silence he finally answered with “well… yes, I’ve been playing for quite a bit, 2 years I think” Gerard looked like he was thinking about something, it may have been an answer to a question that he’s been asking for a while but Adrenaline wasn’t too sure. Gerard picked up his checkered bag, threw it over one shoulder and placed a note on the table as he left. Adrenaline walked over to it, unsure whether or not it was for him, he took a peak.
Sign up to rate and review this story