Categories > Original > Fantasy > Another Dimension

Chapter 1

by OliviaSyren 0 reviews

Kris arrives back at the quarters...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2012-11-22 - Updated: 2012-11-22 - 271 words

1Insightful
Kris.

The establishment was life-less and there were no bedroom lights on so I suspected everyone must be sleeping, save a few night-guards. After Willow had left; which wasn’t long after she told me her name, she had to go and meet a friend.
I had arrived back at the Quarters - what students/residents call the establishment. I had accidentally made a noise with the gates outside the Quarters, so I ran as fast as I could to the side of the building and watched two night-guards wander up to the gate to inspect it, but to their disappointment they found nothing, which should be the case because I’m out of sight at this moment. I turned away from the gate and the night-guards and made my way to the left side of the Quarters and stopped when I came to the long contour of ivy that went up the side of the wall and started to climb it. This was my way of getting in and out of the Quarters unnoticed.
I came to the third floor, the Quarters only had four floors yet it has endless rooms. The Quarters was three times wider than it is tall. On the third floor, just left of the ivy, was my room. I climbed in through the window which I had left open for my return and squinted in the darkness of the room there was a small orange light on the far side of the wall. After my sight had adjusted, I looked over at the fireplace. Strange. I thought to myself. I thought I turned that off.
Sign up to rate and review this story