Categories > Original > Fantasy > Another Dimension

Chapter 2

by OliviaSyren 0 reviews

Willow walks to her friend's house...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2012-11-24 - Updated: 2012-11-25 - 363 words

1Insightful
Willow.

I walked quickly down the drive of my friend Kayte’s house and knocked quietly on the door. It was only 5:00pm and it was already getting dark; probably because it was winter. It was her mum who answered the door.
“Hi, Willow. She’s upstairs.” Kayte’s mum said. “Come on in.” She opened the door wider and I stepped inside.
“Thanks Mrs C.” I said, smiling as I took off upstairs to Kayte’s bedroom. She was sat on her bed perched over her laptop. Personally, I’d much rather draw or read a book. But Kayte was much different. We’ve known each other for over nine years, over half my life. And we’ve not once fallen out, despite that we’re opposites. “Yo.” I mumbled as I stepped into her room. She said ‘hi’ without moving her gaze from her monitor. I sat beside her and looked at what she was doing. She had YouTube open and she was watching an old episode of Doctor Who, the only thing we have in common. We’re major Whovians. She was watching the 10th Doctor; her favourite. My favourite is the fourth Doctor, Tom Baker, he was amazing. “Done anything productive today?” I asked her and she shook her head.
“Actually.” She said, still not looking up for her laptop. “I made cereal. But then I dropped it and cut my leg.” She lifted her trouser, revealing a small cut on her shin.
“Fool.” I said simply, sighing. I pulled my book out of my bright orange backpack. ‘Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.’ My favourite book. I could read it over and over and never get bored of it.
“Anything interesting happen to you today?” Kayte asked me. I didn’t know whether to tell her about Kris, the handsome boy I had met in the park only half an hour earlier. Kris was broad-shouldered and tall; his hair was wavy was and the colour of chocolate which matched the shade of his eyes. His complexion was so light it blinded me, like a vampire or something. I decided not to tell her about him so I shrugged instead.
Sign up to rate and review this story