Categories > Original > Fantasy > Another Dimension

Chapter 3

by OliviaSyren 0 reviews

Meet Josef :)

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2012-12-01 - Updated: 2012-12-01 - 394 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3.

Kris.

I shrugged off the thought of my fireplace being turned on and slumped in bed, not bothering to change out of my clothes and not bothering to move the perfectly made covers over his cold body. I stared up at the ceiling and thought about my past. Something I hadn’t done for three years, soon after I joined the Quarters. But, unfortunately my thoughts were interrupted by a knocking on my door. I stood and walked over to the door. I looked through the peephole to see a flock of bright red hair and a freckled face staring back through. Ugh. I thought. Josef. I disliked Josef. He always bugged me. He was my age but short, he had a button nose, his hazel eyes were too close together and had a round head. The type of person you’d call ugly. I opened the door to his smug face.
“Hi Kris.” Josef said, smiling. His smile even annoyed me. When I didn’t reply he continued to speak. “I saw you go through the gates from my window. Where’ve you been?” I wasn’t bothered that he saw me breach the perimeters of the Quarters. I was bothered he was here.
“Out.” I said, answering his question half-heartedly. He gave me a funny look and walked away without saying a word. I guess I should feel sorry for him. All of us Alsiyun are beautiful or handsome. But unluckily for him only one of his parents was an Alsiyun. His father fell in love with a mortal and produced offspring, making Josef only half Alsiyun, giving him no Alsiyun powers, save the non-human detection thing.
I shut my door and sat on my bed, the flames in the fireplace still roaring. I thought about Willow. And how modern she is. You see, we’re only released into the harshness of the city at the age of 23 and the current age range here is 12-20. A boy called Harri Konilvius was the eldest. Us Alsiyun are stuck in the 19th century. We speak differently to the outsiders and that only changes if you’re no stranger to the outside world. The time I met Willow was the 16th time I’ve been out there in the city. But Willow was the first and only outsider I had ever spoken to.
Sign up to rate and review this story