Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Break-down

Chapter Two

by ponygirl15862 5 reviews

Benji Madden is the father of Lilly Madden. Lilly is sixteen years old; a sophomore in La Plata High School in Waldorf Maryland. She has two friends, Ryan Young, and Made Madison. They have been he...

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2006-07-20 - Updated: 2006-07-20 - 609 words

0Unrated
A brown, chevy honda, pulled into the driveway as I let Made and Ryan in the house. I had gone downstairs to retrieve them a few towels to dry off in, and when I had hit the landing again, that is when I noticed it. Dad must have called up Joel. Made took the towels from my arms and handed one to Ryan. She nodded at me to go. I opened the front door, stepping into the drizzling rain. Joel hopped out of his car, turning off his cell phone, and placing it inside of his jean's pocket. I crossed my arms; a weak expression upon my face as he rounded toward the front stairs. Joel jumped slightly when he realized I had been standing there, blocking his way in. Made and Ryan watched from the door.

'How are you?' he asks. I could only shrug. Now wasn't a good time for explanations. Joel realized this, looking down upon the pavement. I bit my lip to suppress my bottled anger. I hate my Mom. Joel shoved his hands into his pockets, shuffling his feet. I began to turn around, but Joel held me back.

'How is your Dad doing?'

I sigh exasperatedly. It always has to be about my Dad doesn't it? It's never about me, or how I'm coping with things. Obviously, not well, or I wouldn't have gotten three months worth of detentions. I turn away from Joel now and walk back into the house. I can hear him shuffling his feet some more behind me. Ryan and Made follow me to my room, where I collasp upon my bed and groan. Made shuts my door and sits down on the bed next to me. I hear Ryan sit in my desk chair. It has a strange squeak.

'What happened Lilly?' Made asks, patting my back. I lift my head from within my pillow, looking at the two of my friends for a moment. How could I explain my feelings to them nicely? Joel could have at least given me time to gather my thoughts, but instead he had to change the subject completely about my Father! Damn him! Fucking bastard!

'Well, basically the worrying was about my Dad!' I shout; nose flaring. Made looked at Ryan who could only shrug. I grunted in frusteration and buried my head underneath my pillow again. When will it take the two of them to realize that I'm hurting inside? Can they not understand in how I behave in school that something is wrong? I'm getting extremely irritated. Soon I'll crack. Maybe I could have explained to Joel how I was feeling when he asked me earlier, but I couldn't produce any explanation. It would have been hopeless to try. I felt the bed shift a little. I looked up to see Ryan, who had come from the chair and sat beside me. Now I had Made and Ryan on both side of me.

'Hey.' Ryan said softly. I smile at him.

'Hey Ryan.' I say.

'Listen, I know exactly how you feel.' He begins to explain as I rest my head on my pillow again; listening to his voice. 'My family treats me the exact same way. But I've learned to deal with it because I've got friends like you and Made. You guys care about what I've got to say, and that's the only thing that matters to me.'

I thought over it for a moment, looking up to Made, who had an agreeable look upon her face. Why should I care if Dad and Joel don't? As long as my friends do, that's all that matters right?
Sign up to rate and review this story