Categories > Original > Drama > Chimera

A normal day as a courier

by Kristia 0 reviews

The normal day working as a courier doesn´t means it is common

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-12-16 - Updated: 2012-12-17 - 1075 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2
A normal day as a courier
Passing through the large park fountain she heard her name on the distance "Diana, over here!" It was Milo, her courier partner "But what happened to you? You look like death." he said while eating some bread. "Good morning to you too Milo" she said relaxing on a bench by the fountain and sighed. "Maybe I look like this because I was pretty much close to it" she admitted. It took Milo a few seconds to understand what she meant. "You say-" He tried to ask, but she interrupted him "Yes, what happened yesterday happened to me, but you know that life here is always full of surprises" Diana said as they got up from her seat.

"Well, what to expect from Pálaven´s fox" Milo said with a smile. "You took care of two officers and you managed to sneak out of the other two, but even more, they were angels." The nickname "fox" that Diana was called by was achieved through her infinite escapes against Pálaven officials, not what usually people say to a twenty-one years old woman, however she liked that nickname. "At least I didn´t stop and disappeared with some ladies" Diana snapped at Milo. He started to laugh and said, "Well, what can I say, with a smile like this, I can get many things." Milo didn´t have a bad look or anything, in fact he was admirable for many women in the city. He was of nice build, good looking and attractive eyes, it was like a Greek statue at his twenty-three years of age. Many times they went to work, Milo received winks or a flying kisses from a girl and he was like "hello Marie" or "radiant as always Lesley" and they were not bad looking either. But Diana was what many people thought of her rumors, especially men,a fox , but also attracted the attention of people. She was taller than the average woman, mysterious violet eyes, almost silvery white hair that hung just below her shoulders but she was an independent woman of twenty-one years of age, she didn´t have a developed or "feminine" body like the other women, but didn´t have much problem with that sort of thing thanks to having little interest in the opposite sex unlike her partner who usually slept with a lady daily or in some cases, two. At least Milo was professional with the friendship he had with Diana in their work.

Later that day Milo came with very simple order "a simple letter... This is for people in the mail" he said grumbling. “Who would come to us to send a letter? I think they wasted their money” he added. “Work is work and they have at least paid half of the delivery, it’s still a profit" Diana said with a more or less optimistic tone, but then said seriously. "But the seagulls are lurking around and I don´t think they would like to meet with us," she said somewhat annoyed. Both couriers left their base and checked the map for possible routes that were as fast but be safe at the same time. "I assure you it will be an interesting day Diana" Milo was excited and thinking about what to do with pay and went into the city.

It was getting dark and they had already had given the letter to what appeared to be a diplomat, but he looked like a drunk. "To hell with an interesting day, it was very boring" Milo exclaimed. "And to top it off, I could not use my new toys," he said as he juggled his new daggers again and again. "Be thankful it was a quiet day and of easy pay and we didn´t have any problem" Diana corrected him, the couriers were arriving at the great park when two arrows whistled too close to them and evaded more narrowly escaped the arrows. "Great, thanks for summoning the party my little fox" Milo stood up and gripped tightly his daggers. They were just two middle class crossbowmen but could quickly load their weapons. Diana was pulling her crossbow when Milo interrupted. "Because you had fun yesterday, leave this to me" He smiled again and ran towards the men. The reason why Diana obeyed Milo was something people couldn´t see, it was not for his charisma or his way to convince almost anyone, things that already very good attributes already, the interest Diana had when she choose her companion was for his skills, Milo was so fast that he was almost unreachable and had amazing reflexes, the prove of both skills was shown on how he gracefully evaded the arrows that were shot at such close range, he jumped on the nearest official burying the daggers on the chest and stomach creating a growing red spot on the white robe. The second officer attempted to hit him with the butt of his crossbow, but Milo intercepted it with his right dagger and sliced his enemy´s throat with the other to leaving him lifeless.

The bodies of the officers lay stretched beside the fountain and their skins quickly crumbled and disappeared in the air. "More fallen puppets of the powerful angels" Milo said with a gap in his voice. "Every day I doubt more if their methods are as respectable as the public sees." He kicked the mound of dust from the remains of the officers. "I also feel nauseous to see these living mannequins, but someone has to deal with them, right?" Diana said. As the angels had great power, they gained great influence in the government, as people only saw the bandits arrested or a civil saved , but couldn´t see when people were captured by force or fire was thrown at homes of anyone who was suspected by the government. "People know, but are afraid to speak in public." Diana continued with the same emptiness. "Bah, for me, grab a few trusted men and attack by surprise several squads" He took the puppet´s robe from the ashes and rose it to the sky. "Look at this oh powerful angels! Your seagull wings will not save you from everything!" He yelled with excitement. “Now, now captain of war, lower from your podium of greatness before you attract the army of seagulls" Diana caught him trying to contain her laughter.
Sign up to rate and review this story