Categories > Original > Romance > Chimera

How you see yourself

by Kristia 0 reviews

How do you see yourself? as a delicate flower? or as a feral creature?

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-12-16 - Updated: 2012-12-17 - 926 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3
How you see yourself
Now back to their base, Milo was very focused on a photograph; Diana watched him while bringing some coffee and asked. "Who is she? A new friend?" then Milo countered "Friend? No, she is a nymph" he said somewhat hypnotized. “She is beautiful, good looking, smart and eyes as blue as the sea" the twin-dagger said almost daydreaming. "So... it is a new partner or.. a fun night?," Diana asked almost guessing the answer, but Milo sat on the couch and shook his head. "No, I think this is the one." She looked at him with doubt, but his eyes were sincere. "Well Romeo, I wish you the best of luck" she said with some comedy but with an honest and well-intentioned meaning. Then Milo sat and drank some of Diana´s coffee and asked "What about you? Isn´t there a brave man or knight in shining armor in your dreams?" Diana smiled, shaking her head. There have been men who have tried to approach her, but not for sentimental or something emotional, but admiration for her skills in battle against the officers and there have been daring men who thought they could get what they wanted, but Diana showed them that she wasn´t interested both said or in some cases by force. "You know I'm not the type of woman who is looking for a man who gives her a lot of money, and even less, act as a helpless damsel" They both laughed at the joke that she was using a princess dress. After some tears of laughter, Diana continued with a graver tone "Besides... I'm not entirely.. female like the rest of the women who live in our city..." She rose from her chair and left the room to breathe some fresh air.

Milo went outside and saw Diana sitting on a bench watching the stars and knew he had touched a nerve; he took a deep breath and sat with her. "I know I have skills and I can survive, but it also makes me look like a warrior, not a woman." She said listlessly. "Ah ... don´t say that, you are also cute" Milo said and continued. "With that strong of yours, you manage to outstand from the crowd and put to shame several warriors we have faced" Seeing that the last thing he said put Diana in a worse mood, he corrected. "You know you're better than the other women, you know how to defend yourself and act for your own ideals, and ..."approaching her and stroking her hair. "With this silverish hair you look like a diamond." He looked into her eyes. "And with those violet eyes like pearls, I think any man would fall at your feet" Diana flushed by what she had heard and her heart rhythm went faster. She was cornered and didn´t know what to do until she saw Milo´s classic smile as he rose from the bench. "Even the elusive fox can be cornered" he said with a quiet laugh that faded while getting punched in the shoulder by his embarrased friend. "Ok, ok I get it, I shouldn´t bother you, but it does not mean that it was fun." He ran with a beaming smile on his face and Diana was still somewhat flushing.

Diana took a deep breath to calm down. She did felt a little overwhelmed by what Milo said about her and thought. "Will I still have possibility of something like that?" Diana often heard the praise she received from other people, usually they said she was agile or skilled on the battle, and even she had been called masculine, things placed little importance for her. But the word "cute" leaved her confused. She did have her aspirations and dreams about having a partner, but could never get to see that person in her dreams.

The moonlight went through the window of Diana´s room, she was reviewing her books and took the one that was almost in the corner of her bookshelf, it was one of her most treasured possessions, a picture book about the "Chimeras". The chimeras were creatures that were a combination of humans and animals who were also great enemies of the angels. These creatures could have human bodies with lizard head or wings of an eagle with a lion's body, there was a myriad of combinations that could be a chimera, but for the Angels, they were just monsters and there have always been a war between the two sides, the angels in the kingdom of Pálaven and chimeras in the Republic of Zereth. Diana knew chimeras only through pictures and stories about them, but never had the chance to see one in person. The book she was holding showed illustrations of many combinations of chimeras, one of her favorites was a man with neck giraffe and bird arms, his fur was somewhat mild in the torso and had his arms and legs covered with live colored feathers. Another chimera was a woman who had ram's horns on her head, but with serpents between her long hair and horns, her skin was changing at the top from human to snake scales at the bottom. Sometimes at night, Diana drew herself with fox features, her icon in Pálaven and her favorite animal. "How would it be to move so gracefully as a fox..” she sighed as she put the book back and went to bed dreaming of her as fox running in the woods.
Sign up to rate and review this story