Categories > Original > Romance > Chimera

The unexpected meeting

by Kristia 0 reviews

What are the odds of seeing an unexpected being? even more, seeing three?

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2012-12-16 - Updated: 2012-12-17 - 747 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4
The unexpected meeting
Looking for something to do during her day off, Diana went into the forest, Milo was with her girlfriend, her name was Rosalina, they met briefly, to Diana she seemed like good person and she hoped that it would go good for both lovers. She decided to go for a walk in the only place where there was no officer around, the forest outside the kingdom. She had with her the picture book for every opportunity she could find to paint a scene of nature, some food supplies and of course her crossbow if any problems could happen. She loved nature, no people attacking from corners or having to endure the many rules of society, all Diana had around was the gentle breeze and peacefulness. At mid-afternoon, she took some of her food and sat under the shade of a tree, the cool autumn wind relaxed her almost to the point of falling asleep, until she heard something in the distance, a few steps too hasty and desperate, and whoever he or she was, he or she was running from something. Diana took the crossbow and went through the trees thinking about what was happening.“Are they bandits? Or would they be officers?" She thought as she climbed a tree to get a better view of the meadow in front of her, she kept searching for that person and heard more people approaching him or her until she could see them from the distance, there were two figures of considerable size that were chasing a smaller one. Diana climbed down and ran as fast as she could to reach them. She used the river road to reach the people, but when she got close enough, Diana realized that they were not bandits but something unexpected, chimeras.

The two chimeras had cornered the person Diana still couldn´t identify because it was covered by several layers of tattered clothes, she got closer with her crossbow ready, but hiding in the bushes in order to know what was happening, one of them was a man with a bear head and arms and legs of a tiger, the other was a woman with wings instead of arms and was covered with feathers. The bird woman looked angry and tore down with a slash of her claw the cloth that covered the face of the cornered person, Diana saw a human face, but with wolfish eyes and ears. "They are attacking one of their own?" she thought and tried to get closer to hear some of what they were saying, the bear man was still and quiet while the bird woman was surrounding the wolf woman like playing with her prey, who was standing firm, but you could see the fear in her eyes, the wolf woman stood firm facing the two creatures. Suddenly the bear stood up and said "You have been breaking the rules for too long Karou, it's time to get what you deserve." The bird woman took the wolf one with her claws holding her prey on the wall and said, "Why should we take her Bromsmith? If she causes so many problems, why don´t just kill her or leave her to the angels?" She Looked at the canine called Karou and continued "What do you think young girl, you don´t want to have fun with us?" she said with a smile that only a psychopath would have. The wolf remained silent while her eyes looked quickly at her surroundings until they met Diana, the bear followed her surprised look and pointed to the bushes where Diana was hiding, "Get out human" he said with an authoritarian tone, she had no choice and went out of her hiding spot while cursing to herself. An excitement appeared on the face of the bird when she saw Diana, and let off the wolf and instantly took the human by the cheeks with both wings. "You think we can keep her Bromsmith? I can have so much fun if I can have this new friend" she said with the same psychotic smile. "Freya, you know that we shouldn´t be here, the less time we stay, the better." The bear said and the bird replied, "So I can keep her?" The bear with a hint of frustration answered "Yes, do what you want, but move quickly; we are risking our lives here." They took Diana from her wrist and led her to the canine.
Sign up to rate and review this story