Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Fate and Destiny

Nominations

by Dessmonda 5 reviews

When one of the Titans chooses to tinker with their destiny, they must learn forgiveness but forgiveness isn't an easy thing to learn. As if things aren't complicated enough, one of the remaining T...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-07-05 - Updated: 2006-07-05 - 2168 words

1Exciting
Author's Notes: This is the prequel to Fate and destiny: Why Me I hope you enjoy it. It might be slightly out of character and if it is tell me and I will try to work on getting them back in character. This is because I took so long to update Fate and Destiny: Why Me, I felt so bad do I decided to post this story too! Hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Class of the Titans but I do own Odie grabs Odie random person whispers into ear WHAT DO YOU MEAN I DON'T OWN ODIE!

Nominations
Atlanta stood outside the house her and her six friends shared, bent over trying to catch her breath. She stood up straight, opened the door and entered the house.

Upon entering she heard Jay's voice call to her, "Good your back, we can finally begin."

She walked into the dinning room, where she found her friends seated around the circular table. She sat down in the only empty seat, between Archie and Neil. "So what exactly is this meeting about?" Atlanta whispered to Archie.

"Not sure," Archie replied also whispering, "he hasn't told us yet..."

Jay stood up cutting off Archie, everyone stopped talking and looked at him. "I was thinking and decided that if anything shall happen to me we need to have someone who will step in and take charge." He paused for a moment to allow the words to sink in. "Any nominations?"

As Jay finished speaking, Neil stood up, "I nominate myself," he stated. Everyone simultaneously yelled out "NO!" "But I have the prettiest hair!"

"And you wouldn't...um want to wreak," Theresa said thinking fast, at these words Neil sat down looking horrified and muttering to himself. Jay continued to look around at the other five, "Any other nominations?"

Everyone began to look around at each other and think of who would make a good leader. After a moment of silence Odie stood up and spoke, "I nominate Atlanta."

Theresa then stood up, "I second that notion."

Jay, who was already standing nodded his head in agreement. Out of the remaining four people Neil and Harry stood up to show that they also agreed.

Now only Archie and Atlanta remained sitting. Archie muttering to himself, "I'd never vote for her."

Atlanta looked down knowing that this could take awhile because the decision would have to be unanimous, and Archie was muttering about never voting for her. Atlanta's gaze fell upon Archie's bare right ankle. 'His brace must have been bothering him again...' At this thought she smiled, 'I guess I'll just have to make his mind for him.' She smiled wickedly and lightly gave Archie's right ankle a little tap. Not hard enough for him to scream.

Archie jumped up at the pain in his right ankle. Once Archie was up, Jay blurted out, "So it's unanimous, congratulations Atlanta." Atlanta stood up looking pleased.

"Is this meeting over?" Neil whined, "Some of us have more important things to do."

Jay nodded his head, "I guess so..." Soon almost everyone had left for the living room. Atlanta and Archie stood alone in dinning room.

"Why did you hit my ankle?" Archie accused Atlanta once they were alone.

She looked at him innocently, "I did no such thing."

"Yes you did."

"No I didn't."

"Yes Atlanta you did."

"No Archie I didn't."

"You hit my ankle, why wont you admit it?"

"It was a gentle tap Archie."

"So you admit it."

"I did no such thing, stop putting words in my mouth," Atlanta replied, "besides it was a gentle tap stop being such a baby."

"But why 'gently tap' my ankle in the first place?"

"Because Archie your suppose to be my friend and friends stick up for each other. You should have been one of the first to support me, not the last. Why Archie?" Atlanta informed her purple haired friend.

"Because I don't want to take orders from you," Archie replied, his tone matched Atlanta's.

"Why? Because I'm a girl?" Atlanta challenged.

"No Archie" retorted,

Atlanta cut him off figuring he was done, "Then why," Atlanta said her voice was a mix between anger and hurt.

"You didn't let me finish," Archie snapped, "I don't have problems taking orders form girls just you."

While Archie and Atlanta fought, the others were watching a movie with Neil checking his hair every so often. They were enjoying the movie when they heard Atlanta scream, "ARCHIE!"

"Should we go stop their argument?" Asked Herry as Odie paused the movie. Theresa held a finger to her lips and the rest of them were silent.

"NOT AGAIN!" Atlanta screamed, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! WE MUST YOU BE SO FULL OF PRIDE!"

"I'M NOT FULL OF PRIDE!" Archie countered.

"You know," Neil said after a while, "I'm sure they can work out whatever their fighting over. Besides it could mess up my hair." With that Neil got up and headed to the bathroom.

Theresa looked worried; Atlanta had a quick temper and a one-track mind...her Achilles heal. Theresa sighed, 'I'm sure they'll be fine, we shouldn't always assume the worst...' Her thoughts were interrupted by Atlanta yelling at Archie once more. "WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS LET YOUR PRIDE GET IN THE WAY?"

Atlanta stomped off to the room her and Theresa shared, without giving Archie time to retaliate, muttering something incomprehensible. Once she reached her room Atlanta slammed the door shut and locked it.

Upon hearing a door slam, Theresa jumped up and ran into the dinning room, the others close behind. "Archie...what happened?" She asked worriedly.

Archie looked up, he did not look happy. "Go ask Atlanta!" He snapped, Jay opened his mouth to say something but Archie cut him off. "I said go ask Atlanta because I'm not telling!" With that he stormed off to the room he shared with Jay.

Theresa turned to leave, "I'm going to go ask Atlanta what happened. Is anyone coming with me?" Everyone nodded their heads and followed Theresa upstairs. She went to open the door but the handle wouldn't turn. Sighing she knocked on the door.

"GO AWAY ARCHIE!"

"Atlanta I'm not Archie," Theresa replied calmly. She heard movement from inside and soon the door opened.

Atlanta had only opened the door a tiny bit so that she could see into the hall. She was about to let Theresa in when she spotted everyone else minus Archie also standing there. Atlanta glared at them and slammed the door again and locked it. She walked back over to the bed where she had been before and grabbed her backpack. She walked quietly over to the window, opened it and climbed out.

Theresa stood there not sure what to think, her best friend had just slammed a door in her face. "We need to find out what happened," Jay's voice interrupted Theresa's thoughts, "We have to go talk to Archie again...find out what happened."

"You guys go, I know that I can talk with Atlanta. I sure she'll listen," Theresa replied with more confidence then she felt. The guys looked sceptical but left to go talk with Archie. "Atlanta...Atlanta, can you please open the door?" Theresa called to her friend. "It's just me this time. I...I want to talk to you." She listened for Atlanta's response, none came. Quietly Theresa put her ear up to the door and listened. 'That's odd, there is no noise whatsoever...' She thought as she continued to listen, 'it's not like Atlanta to just sit there and do nothing...'

"Theresa any luck with Atlanta?"

"If you wanted luck," Neil stated before Theresa could answer Jay, "why didn't you just let me talk to her?"

"Because," Odie said speaking up, "Atlanta wouldn't have listened to you or anyone else for that matter. Jay just thought if anyone could get Atlanta to talk it would be Theresa."

Theresa sighed, "It's a good theory Odie but it didn't work." Theresa gravely replied, "She didn't even make a sound in there..."

"Herry can you open the door?" Jay asked the descendant of Hercules, who promptly nodded his head.

"Not a problem," Herry said as he stood in front of the door and began to open the door, completely destroying it in the process.

The five teenagers stared in disbelief at what they saw...nothing! Atlanta wasn't there, a few things were scattered on the desks, mainly textbooks and notebooks but nothing was out of place. Well almost nothing. The window was open and the curtain gently swayed in the breeze.

Without telling the others, Theresa turned and left her room and headed down the hall. She stopped at a closed door and opened it. Archie looked up in surprise. "I thought I told you to go ask Atlanta!" He snapped annoyed.

"Archie," Theresa replied more calmly then she felt, "we can't ask Atlanta." Before Archie could interrupt she continued, "We can't ask Atlanta because she's gone!"

Archie looked horrified but it quickly vanished, "Nice try-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence because the once patient Theresa had grabbed him and dragged him to the room in question. "Do you see her anywhere?" Theresa asked Archie. He was too shocked to reply so he shook his head. "That's what I thought"

"We need to find her," Jay said speaking for the first time in a while, "we should go in three groups of two or two groups of three."

"No! if we want to find her we have to go individually." Archie objected, "You know that if she wants to run away, she'll run...not walk."

Jay thought for a minute, "Archie's right," he said slowly, "everyone will separate but you must have your PMR with you at all times."

"I'll stay here," Neil volunteered, "besides going out in this weather could mess up my hair."

Everyone stared at Neil in disbelief, they were missing Atlanta and he was worried about his hair.

"Fine Neil you can stay here just encase she comes back. Archie, you go look for her where she likes to go running. Odie try and track her you can go with Herry in his tuck. Theresa you go to the park and I'll go to the school." Jay informed the group of his plan.

Everyone nodded and went to their designated place. Neil stayed at the Brownstone and about twenty minutes latter heard footsteps. They soon sounded like they were coming closer and he looked up and saw the surprised face of Atlanta. "You're back!" He cried stopping what he was doing.

"No," came the stern reply, "I just forgot to do something I didn't think anyone would be here." She said mostly to herself.

"So you're not staying?" Neil questioned her.

"Of course not," Atlanta scoffed as she turned to leave, "don't bother to contact the others I'll be gone before they arrive." And with that as parting words the redhead left.

Neil picked up his PMR and called Jay. "Jay...she's back"

"She's back?" Jay's confused voice replied, "Just like that? It all seems so simple..."

"Well sort of," Neil began to explain, "she said don't bother contacting the others because she's be gone before you guys arrive."

"Neil, try and hold her off we'll all be there shortly." Jay informed Neil. Jay then hung up from Neil and contacted the others.

They all arrived around the same time. All five of them found Neil sitting in the living room. And somehow they all knew that she had left. "I thought I told you to try and stop her." Jay said looking at Neil.

"I tried..." Neil began but quickly corrected himself, "sort of, I told her not to leave. I was too busy doing my nails."

"We should go tell Hera," Jay said, "she'll know what to do."

Everyone pilled into Herry's truck and drove to the school. Where they all piled out and entered the building. So far so good, as know one was around. They all gathered around the janitors closet and opened the portal to the gods. All six of them stepped through and they heard Hera's worried voice. "Are you sure?"

They didn't hear any response but the assumed that someone must have nodded their head because Hera continued, "Well I guess then we have no choice."

The six titans then heard Hermes, "Come this way."

The six titans walked, practically ran until they saw Hera, Artemis, Ares and Athena. They also saw Hermes disappear through a door. That's when they noticed the faces of the gods.

"What's wrong?" Theresa asked, her question directed at Hera.

Hera replied with the two words that would soon turn the titans lives into a nightmare. "She quit."

Author's Notes: I have this entire story planned out and the second chapter is written so it should be posted soon. In the next few days. Also there is some foreshadowing in this chapter but you must read between the lines.
Sign up to rate and review this story