Categories > Original > Horror > Along The Lines of Life and Death -Vampires-

[3] Life's A B!tch

by Xtragedy_thrills_mex 0 reviews

Visitors, some welcome and some unwelcome. And more unravelling of information from the tragedy of her family.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Horror, Humor - Published: 2006-07-24 - Updated: 2006-07-25 - 2228 words

0Unrated
"So, lets get this started then!"
Ohhhh, shit.
"Let's get to know each other first!" Dr. Floyd says. "Let's see... who's going to go first?" She asks with a huge smile plastered on her face. I just stare at her. "Okay then! I will. I am Dr. Miranda Kelly Floyd. My occupation is a pediactric therapist. I live in an apartment on Main Street. My favorite thing to do, other than my job that is, is to paint and read my favorite books. And..."
I interrupt her. "To be honest, lady, I don't give a sh*t."
She flips her long red hair. "Well, then lets begin with you. Tell me everything about you." she says, a little disappointed that she doesn't get to talk about herself.
"Lady..." I begin to say.
"Mrs. Floyd... please. Or better yet, you can call me Miranda! We're friends now, and friends call each other by their first name." she says.
"Lady, I'll call you whatever I want to call you." I say, half smirking.
"Well, fine then. You need to get out all that anger built up inside you. I guess this is your way of venting." She writes on the paper stuck to her clipboard, and she continues to talk. "But I must say, it isn't a healthy way of venting. Why don't you try painting or writing? Put all that anger into something creative. That has always helped my patients."
"Yeah, forcing your hobbies onto another person isn't called helping them." I mutter to myself.
"Well I suggest you try it. Now, tell me about yourself." she says, giggly.
I groan with annoyance. "Fine/, if it will make /you shut up. My name is Elvira Sweete. I don't have a job. With my free time, I like to be with friends."
"What are their names?" she says, writing on her clipboard.
"Why?" I ask.
"I'm trying to learn as much as possible about you. Now, tell me their names.
"Aiden, Kelly, Christine, Sandra, and Bobby. Happy?" I mutter.
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
"Aiden. Do you have a boyfriend?" I ask.
"That's beside the point..." she says.
"No it's not, we're learning about each other, remember?" I say.
"No, I do not have a boyfriend at the moment." she says.
"I wonder why..." I say sarcastically.
"Now, you hang out with your friends. What kind of hobbies do you have?"
"Nothing. Watching tv, listening to music, et cetera. Why do you care?" I say.
"Seems like you've got a hobby that you like to keep quiet. Like cutting for example?" she says.
"What the hell?" I say, turning to look at her. I realize that the hospital gown that I am wearing is showing my cut up arms. "Th-that was from the wolves." I say, hoping that she'll believe it.
"Wolves?" she asks.
"The ones that attacked my family the other night." I whisper, blinking back tears again.
"Ohhh, so it was wolves? Uh-huh..." she says, scribbling on her notepad. "And no.. those cuts aren't from wolves. I did have to go to medical school you know. Those cuts are not in line like a wolve's claws would be. Yours are scattered about. And they appear self-inflicted. Why do you cut yourself? It is to relieve anger when you have no one to yell at?" she says, trying to look concerned. But already, I know what kind of btch she is. I already know that she really does not give a sht about me.
"I do NOT cut. You are the biggest, most vicious b*tch I have ever had the displeasure of meeting." I say with deadly venom inserted into every word.
She looks a bit taken back from that, but she puts her happy-person smile back on. "Elvira, Elvira. You don't know how you are making yourself look. No one likes a smart aleck. I will come back tomorrow, when you are more... calmed down." she says. Then she collects her purse and clipboard and leaves.
"Thank God," I whisper to myself.
I lay there and rest for a while when two people walk in. The one on the left is a cop with a black suit on. He has short blonde hair. The other one is an old, balding man with a black robe on. He says, "Hello. I'm Reverend Snickerworth."
For some reason I slightly giggle at his name, but I shut up when he looks at me serioiusly.
"Yes, my last name is funny. Go ahead and get it out of your system." he says.
I stay quiet.
"Okay then. I am truly sorry for your loss. I would like to tell you the funeral arrangements for everyone. Is that okay?"
I nod.
"Okay then." He takes a seat in the chair next to my bed.
The cop remains standing and says, "There were 33 people found dead. But there are a few missing. Your cousin, Dustin Young; your aunt, Cathy Young; your Cousin Sara Welch and her husband, Carlos Welch. Unfortunatly they have not yet been found, but were reported missing and presumably at your mother's party. Were they there?"
"Yes," I say. Trying my best not to cry. I'm getting sick of this holding back tears thing. I would rather cry /alone/. But time alone has been getting more rare by the second.
"Okay. Now, the Reverend will tell you the funeral arrangements for the 33 found. Then afterwards I will tell you more details about court, investigations, and everything else. This mass-murder is big news now, everyone wants to be involved. Many are friends. But I'll tell you more of it after the reverend talks." Then the policeman stays quiet and stands in the corner.
"Okay. I have taken the liberty of planning the funeral arrangements. I trust that is okay?" he says.
I nod.
"Okay. All next week, after your release from the hospital, we will have them. About four to five a day. I know it's a bit much, and very soon, but we feel that getting it over with will be better for you." he says. I nod again. "Is that good for you?" I nod, /again/. Not saying a word. The reverend continues. "Okay, good. I will write down all the arrangements and everything. I will bring it by tomorrow. Be strong." he says, placeing a hand on my shoulder. Then he gets up and leaves.
The policeman steps forward. "Your lawyer is very busy with all the things that need to be taken care of for the trial. He has sent me to tell you what the wills of various family members have left to you and other things that are rightfully yours. The biggest one, is the house. From your parents. You are not yet old enough to take over residence right now. But in a couple years, you'll be all set." he continues to tell me of things that have been passed down to me from the wills of grandparents and things that my parents' owned that are now mine. Personally, I'd rather have all of my family back than all of their stuff. And if this happens to anyone else in the world, and they think otherwise, then they are a heartless asshole. After he has finished, he says, "Okay and that's it. Now the trial information. The search for the killer has been very intense. Because this tragedy has affected everyone. The involvement of many people, state-wide, have been urging us to find this mass-murderer. Some are your family's friends. Most are people fearing the same thing will happen to their families. You have to understand that on the day of your release from this hospital, when you leave, you might be swamped with interviewers and television cameras. I am just warning you." he pauses, waiting for a reply.
"Ok," I say.
When I remain quiet, he continues. "Now, for case information. I will tell you this if you swear not to tell any interviewers or any of those paparazi people."
"Ok. I won't tell them. But can I tell my friends?" I ask.
"Only your closest friends. Don't mistake anyone as your friend because some of those tv-people might even have striked deals with people to get info from you. That probably isn't the case, but just a warning. We want this case's information to be as confidential as possible to help us find the people responsible sooner and easier. We only release the necessary info to the public, so they don't swamp us as much with questioning."
"Okay.. now can you tell me the stuff?" I ask, getting impatient.
"Oh, yes. Well, we do support the theory of wolves. We believe that someone sent the wolves on your family, considering the fact that it is very rare to find a wolf pack in this area. And this was definitely a pack of wolves. We do not know who could train wolves in this area, but we are looking into it. And we are looking for someone in the description that you gave us. The wolves did not attack anyone else except for your family, and your neighborhood is a heavily populated place. So that is why we believe that they were sent to attack only your family. Only trained wolves could do that..." he says. Or werewolves I think to myself.
Then you remember the person that came in and killed some of the wolves. "Did you find dead wolves?" I ask.
"No. We did not. Why?" he says.
I ignore his question and say, "That's impossible. Did you see a man there?"
"No, did you? Can I have a description?" he says frantically, pulling a notebook out.
"No, just asking. But there were several other men there. All with red hair, tall, and skinny. I couldn't see any of their faces." I say.
"Good.. how many were there?"
"About ten, I think they were related." I say.
"Ten... /men/?" he asks.
"Yeah." I say.
"Okay, thanks. I should go now. Oh, yes! There will be court when these people are found. And we will have stand-offs and other stuff for you to help us identify people. Thank you." then he leaves.
I stare at the ceiling. This has been an eventfull day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night Kelly comes in to visit me. We talk for a while, and I tell her everything that the policeman said.
"Well, I guess when you're eighteen you're already going to have your own house, car, and everything. But who are you going to stay with until then?" she asks.
"I'm not sure..." I say, thinking.
"Well, if you need to, my mom has offered to let you stay at my house as long as you need to. Well, you know, until you can get up with the people that will be your guardians, or whatever." she says.
"Oh! Okay, that will be great!" I say happily. I hug her. "That will be great because I don't think that I am ready to go back home." I say.
"Well, you'll need to pack some clothes and stuff. You know. But when do you get outta here?" she asks.
"I think Monday." I say.
"Well, I'll be here Monday then. To pick you up!" she says.
"Thanks."
"No problem."
We stay silent for a little while. Then Kelly says, "Well, I gotta run. I'll see you soon."
"Alright. I think my nurse was about to come in and shoo you away anyways," I say, slightly laughing.
She laughs and leaves, just as the nurse walks in. "Okay. It's late. You should probably sleep now. You've had a rough day." she says, then she leaves, turning the light off.
I stare into the darkness for a while, then I feel my eyelids get heavy. So I drift off into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up, shivering. But the blankets are still on me. It is still dark and I am on my side, staring at the wall. From where I am, I can see the digital clock on the table. It is 3 o'clock in the morning.
I lay here, glaring at the wall for a minute. Then a wave of saddness sweeps over me, and I begin to cry again.
Then, scaring the sh*t out of me, a comforting hand is placed on my shoulder.
This scares the sh*t out of me because I didn't know that someone was in the room with me. Especially at three in the morning. The scare causes me to have hiccups.
The hand goes away as I turn onto my back and look at the chair next to my bed. No one is sitting in it. No one was there.
Must have been my imagination I think to myself, still shivering from the cold.
I turn back onto my side, and I try to go back to sleep. I am still a little freaked out.
Then the hand comes back to my shoulder, and I know that it is not my imagination.
I quickly turn around, and once again, no one is there. I sit up.
"H-Hello" I say, shakily.
No answer.
"Is s-someone there?"
Still no answer.
I lay back down, cursing my paranoia, when a voice next to me says. "Yes."
I almost have a heart attack when I see who is sitting in the chair next to me...
Sign up to rate and review this story