Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Killer's Life

Chapter Two

by Wild_Thing8 5 reviews

Nikolai is confronted by Sirius and Dumbledore. Dumbledore sends Nikolai to Hogwarts.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-07-25 - Updated: 2006-07-25 - 3586 words

5Original
Disclaimer- I do not own anything that is familiar to you. It all belongs to Rowling, Warner Bros, and many other industries.

Summary- AU! Nikolai is a cold-blooded killer. Problem is he's the boy-who-lived as well. It's not going to be pretty when he is arrested and sent to Hogwarts by Dumbledore. Dark! Independent! Manipulatemeanddie! Harry.

A/N - Hey everyone. I can't believe I got this out so fast! I hope you like it. Thanks to all my reviewers. Please R&R.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Chapter 1-

Four men dressed in deep blue robes and solemn expressions plastered on their faces entered a large stone dungeon, positioning themselves in the shadows. Behind them an unconscious teenage boy was being levitated by one of the four men that were flanking him.

Floating the boy over to a large stone chair in the center of the room, the auror holding the charm cut it off causing the young man to fall unceremoniously into it.

Immediately after he touched the chair thick chains shot of the arms of the chair, binding him tightly. More chains slithered from the back of the chair to bind his neck and his legs.

As soon as this task was complete two other figures walked into the 'prison'. The figure on the left coming in was a middle-aged man, who was an average height of 5' 10'' and had long black hair that hung an inch or so past his shoulders. This man was also wearing the blue auror robes, but he had the crossed wand symbol stitched into the left breast as the commander of his squad.

The figure on the right was also a man, but a much older one. He was a few inches taller than the man next to him and wore bright yellow robes with blue stars darting around on it. His light blue eyes twinkled behind his half-moon spectacles and his long grey beard was tucked into his belt. On top of his head sat a yellow hat with a large blue star that leaned slightly toward his right shoulder.

Altogether he was the picture perfect image of a wizard from a muggle fantasy book.

They both stopped a few yards in front of the boy now chained to the chair, and studied him.

He looked to be around the age of fourteen or fifteen, but he had a beaten expression to his face that most men ver got even as he was unconscious. He was slightly short for his age, standing only around 5' 6'', and his body was built with absolutely all muscle. Unruly black hair could be seen falling over his closed eyes from the hood that covered his head.

The boy was wearing a black shirt with a loose sleeve on only the right arm, effectively concealing the wand holster that was strapped to his forearm. A hood that had slid slightly back on his head was attached to the shirt. A baggy pair of black jeans covered dagger holsters that were strapped to his legs. His hands were covered with rough, black leather gloves, and his feet were covered with black army boots. His belt had a holster for a pistol in the right hip and four slots on the left for ninja stars.

All of his weapons had been confiscated when he had been arrested.

The older man sighed and walked forward, pulling out his wand as he went. Stopping about a foot in front of the boy he sighed again.

"Enervate," he whispered a quiet and weary voice.

Slowly the young man's eyelids began to rise, revealing bright green eyes. His eyes darted back and forth taking in his surroundings. When he looked back at the old man he sneered.

"Dumbledore," he said coldly.

Dumbledore looked at the boy sadly before answering. "Harry," he whispered. Behind him he heard the other man, Sirius, hitch his breath. Dumbledore felt for the man. It had been fifteen years since he had last seen the boy, and when he is finally found it turns out he is an assassin.

"My name in Nikolai you senile bitch."

Before Albus Dumbledore could say anything, Sirius stalked past him and sucker punched Har- Nikolai in the face. He heard a wet crack and blood started to pour out of the boys nose.

Albus was surprised. Not that Sirius had punched the boy, but at how in stride the kid took it. He didn't he wince!

"Sirius, that is enough," the esteemed old wizard said forcefully, breaking up another punch that was about to come.

Sirius looked for a moment like he wanted nothing better than to disobey the order before he put his arm down and stepped back grumbling.

"Nikolai," he smiled turning to the boy, "The name means victory if I am correct, does it not?"

"Shove it up your ass old man," was the snide response he was given.

Sirius lurched forward and grabbed Nikolai's throat, forcing it against the chair.

"Listen here Nikolai. I don't know who you think you are, but you don't talk to that man like you are. James and Lily are probably rolling in their graves seeing the things you've done," Sirius spat out.

Nikolai rolled his eyes at the man and spit in his face.

"Why you little..." Sirius growled drawing his fist back.

"SIRIUS!" Dumbledore bellowed, his flashing dangerously. "I know you do not agree with the things he has done, but that does not mean you have fee reign to beat him."

"Don't agree with some of the things he has done, Albus! He is a murderer! Hestia, Emmeline, Sturgis, and the Grangers are all now dead because of this... this... thing!" Sirius shouted tears starting to spill down his face.

Nikolai was smirking to himself. How could two people be so incredibly stupid to argue during an interrogation. He had been awake now for at least ten minutes, but they had yet to ask a question other than what his name meant.

Tuning himself back into their childish argument he caught Black shouting, "...going to Azkaban, Albus, not Hogwarts..."

Nikolai nearly lost his calm facade at these words. He managed to keep it... barely.

'Bloody hell!' he thought. 'That idiot is actually tying to get me sent to Hogwarts. I knew he was senile, but this is incredible.'

He had been prepared to spend the rest of his life in Azkaban. Well... At least be sentenced to a life in Azkaban, he had no intention of spending any time not necessary there.

"...we need him for the war Sirius!" Dumbledore yelled.

"But Albus-"

"Sirius! That is quite enough! You know about the prophecy. We. Need. Him."

'Prophecy? No one believes in prophecies. Oh well, if it will keep me out of prison then who cares.'

Sirius glared at Albus, but dropped his shouting.

Albus turned to Nikolai. "You have a choice-" he started.

Nikolai cut him off. "You know as well as I do that is a load of bull. No matter what I choose, you do what you want with me."

Albus looked at him closely before continuing. "Very well. You are correct. We will be sending you to Hogwarts this upcoming school year. You will be going into sixth year, so you will have to take your O.W.L.s before September."

Nikolai snorted. "You are actually going to send me to a school full of insolent little children after you have caught me committing murder? I always knew you were stupid, but this is amazing."

Smirking when he heard Black growl, he continued. "I suppose you have some almighty way to keep mefrom hurtingthe little kiddies."

Dumbledore nodded. "Yes I do as a matter of fact. I am going to have you perform a wizard's oath in front of us."

On the outside Nikolai's eyebrows rose, but on the inside he was laughing. Everyone knew that those things were so vague that they could be manipulated by using the correct wording.

Dumbledore turned and said something to one of the aurors by the door. The auror saluted and quickly walked from the room.

A minute later he returned with Nikolai's wand. Dumbledore accepted it from the man, and gave it to Nikolai.

"I want you to swear that you will not physically harm any students while you are on school grounds. You will also not partake in any illegal activities while on school campus.

Nikolai smirked. These two really were idiots. He could just kill them now that he had his wand, but that would definitely get him a one way ticket to Azkaban.

The oath was amazingly simple. He could always just go to Hogsmeade or somewhere else if he needed business done.

"I'll do it on one condition," Nikolai told them. "You will not press me on any murders or illegal acts I have previously committed. Also you give back everything you have siezed from me. That includes my wand and weapons."

Sirius hissed as Dumbledore nodded.

"Done."

Nikolai smirked at Sirius, who glared back at him.

Pointing his wand at himself, he said in a clear voice, "I, Nikolai, hereby swear on my magic that I will not harm a student or commit illegal activities while on Hogwarts school grounds."

A flash of light later, and the oath was sealed.

Dumbledore took the wand back and released the chains holding down Nikolai. "Excellent," he said happily, "Now we can go get your O.W.L.s. I presume you know enough to be getting on?"

Nikolai just shrugged.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nikolai lay his head back against the wall of the compartment he was sitting in. It was September the 1st, and he was on the train to Hogwarts.
The O.W.L.s he had taken had been extremely easy. All he had needed to do was turn needles into matchboxes, levitate things, and other such nonsense.

Nikolai sighed as the train began to move. He really didn't want to be going to this kiddy school, but he had no choice. It was either here or Azkaban.

Closing his eyes he set up perimeter wards to warn him if anyone touched his door.

Not ten minutes after he had fallen asleep the wards woke him.

The door slid open to reveal a small red headed girl, a redheaded boy, and a girl with brown, bushy hair.

Nikolai grinned. 'This is going to be fun,' he thought when he saw the brown haired girl he knew to be Granger.

He studied them as they entered the compartment.

The two red heads were talking amiably, but Granger had a sad look on her face and only nodded or shook her head when asked a question.

The group stopped when they saw Nikolai.

"Who are you?" the red head boy asked. Nikolai figured that one was the Ron that Draco was always bitching about.

"Now, now Weasley. It's not nice to barge into someone's room and demand answers. Some people might consider it... impolite." Nikolai drawled.

Ron's face turned red at the answer he got, and his hand shot to his pocket.

Nikolai ignored it and turned to the Granger girl. Hermione was her name if he remembered correctly.

"Gryffindor if I am correct. You must have gotten it from your father," he smirked, enjoying the sad look that arrived on her face.

"H-how did you know my father?" Hermione asked her eyes filling with unshed tears.

"He was very brave pointing that gun at me before he died. Your mother on the other hand just screamed when I killed her," he said coldly.

The group looked like they had been hit by a truck. Hermione ran from the compartment sobbing.

"Why you little bastard! I'll kill you for what you did to her!" Ron shouted, clumsily drawing his wand and pointing it at Nikolai.

Nikolai rolled his eyes at the boy when a reductor curse was shot at him. Holding up his hand, a pulse of magic shot from it deflecting the curse back at the Weasley.

The curse hit and Ron was thrown backwards into the compartment door, knocked unconscious instantly.

The Weasley girl ran over to her brother and checked his pulse. Finding that he was alright, the girl turned and glared at him with tears shining in her eyes.

"How could you do that to Ron and Hermione?" she whispered quietly.

Harry looked at her coldly. "Because I can," he said.

Ginny enervated Ron and told him that they should get out of here.

Ron glared at Nikolai. The hair on the top of his head was matted with blood, having cut his head on the edge of the luggage rack. He raised his hand and flipped Nikolai off.

"One day... One day I'll get you for what you did to Hermione," he growled quietly.

"Sure you will. Now get your ass out of my compartment,"Nikolai calmly commanded them.

With one last look of intense hate shot back his way the two siblings stalked out of the compartment.

Nikolai let out a breath.

'Great,' he thought, 'Now I'm magicly drained as well.'

The wandless shield he had created had taken a lot out of him. If he had been completely rested he might be able to do three of them.

It didn't matter though. He needed people to fear him here. Otherwise he would swamped by people just because he was the bloody Boy-Who-Lived.

He felt the alarms go off in his head again and looked at the door.

He groaned when he saw who was coming through the entrance. Draco pranced into the room and sat across from Nikolai.

"Hello Nik." Draco said.

Nikolai put the best fake smile on his face he could. "Hello Draco," he said as kindly as he could.

"I saw what you did to Weasley. I must say that I was positively ecstatic to see that he had been humiliated before term even started."

"What do you want Draco?" Nikolai asked, not in the mood for small talk.

Draco frowned. "Father is angry with you. Getting yourself caught like that. He had something special to do with you."

'Probably going to finally turn me over to Voldemort,' he thought. 'That's all he's been waiting for ever since I started working for him. He's just kept me around for the money.'

"Oh?" he asked, faking ignorance. "Well you better send him a letter telling him I expect the rest of my pay. I did complete the mission."

Draco nodded. "Of course, of course. What I want to know, is how the hell you kept yourself out of Azkaban. More importantly, why the fuck did they put you in at Hogwarts?" he asked Nikolai.

Nikolai looked at him like he was asking the stupidest question he could think up. "This is Dumbledore we're talking about. If anyone could get as fucked up as him I would give that person a million galleons."

"Indeed," Draco drawled. "You need to get your robes on," Draco pointed out, "We're almost there."

Nikolai shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not putting my robes on. I don't care about getting into trouble. Plus, there is always the hope they will kick me out."

Draco looked puzzled. "Wouldn't you be sent to Azkaban if you were kicked out?" he asked.

"Nope. I made them forgive all my past crimes. I also got all my possessions and cash back. They can't do anything to me anymore." He grinned, "I could've gotten anything out of the old man."

Draco sneered, "Yea, that sounds like the bastard that runs this joke of a school."

Nikolai nodded just as the train began to slow.

"You'll need to go with the first years you know," he heard Draco say.

Grunting his acknowledgment, Nikolai stood up and picked up his bag. Slinging it over his shoulder he walked out of the compartment throwing a wave back at Draco.

Climbing off the train he looked around before heading towards where the smaller kids were going.

"Firs' years o'er 'ere!" shouted what looked to be a half-giant.

Nikolai walked over to where the half-giant was standing.

The 'man' looked down at him.

"You th' new kid," he asked Nikolai.

Nikolai nodded.

The half-giant looked him over. Seeing that he was wearing a grey hoody, jeans, and a Manchester United hat. "Where ar' your robes?"he asked.

Nikolai looked up at the 'man' coldly. "I'm not wearing them."

The half-giant grunted. "Can' say I blame ya. 'M Hagrid."

"Nikolai," was the response he got.

"Well. It's abou' time ta get in th' boats."

Nikolai nodded and climbed into a bout that no one was occupying at the moment.

Luckily for him no one seemed to want to ride with him, so he was by himself when they set off.

A few minutes into the trip they rounded a bend in the lake and the castle came into view. Every one of the first years made excited comments at this, but Nikolai just sneered at what would be his prison for the next year.

The boats hit shore and the students, led by Hagrid, walked up to a set of double doors. Hagrid opened them and told the students to walk up the staircase that could be seen through the opened gates.

Staying at the back of the pack, Nikolai follow the group of babbling first years up the stairs. When they reached the top they were greeted by an bespectacled, elderly women with greying hair. She was wearing a set of dark green robes and had a feathered wizards hat with a large-than-normal brim.

"Welcome to Hogwarts,"she called, "I am your transfiguration teacher Professor McGonagall. Here at Hogwarts we will teach you how to hone your abilities. Soon you will all be sorted into your respective houses. Give me a minute to see if they are ready for you."

Professor McGonagall then walked through a door behind her.

The group of kids waited around two minutes for her to come back.

"They are ready for you now," she said letting them all file through the door. When she saw Nikolai her eyes narrowed. Nikolai saw this and smirked, blowing a kiss to irritate her.

The first years entered the Great Hall and walked between the two middle house tables up to the Sorting Hat that was sitting in front of the head table.

When they were all crowded around the hat it burst into song.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find,

A smarter hat than me,

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you

Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve, and chivalry

Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true

And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,

If you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin,

You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folk use any means,

To achieve their ends."

The hat finished and the crowd erupted in polite applause.

Professor McGonagall pulled out a long list of names.

"When I call your name," she shouted, "You will come sit on the stool and put on the Sorting Hat."

"Abbot, Lindsey."

The small girl walked nervously up to the stool and put on the hat.

"HUFFLEPUFF," the hat shouted almost instantly.

So the sorting began.

Ten minutes later everyone had been sorted except Nikolai. Dumbledore stood and the students fell quiet again.

"As you have probably guessed already, we have a new student joining us this year. Joining the sixth years this year is... Harry Potter." Seeing the glare that Nikolai shot him added, "Who prefers to go by the name Nikolai."

The whole school went dead silent as Nikolai walked up the sorting hat and put it on his head.

Would you pull down your Occlumency shields for me, the Sorting Hat asked him in his head.

'No," Nikolai answered, 'Your going to put me in the house I tell you to.'

Why would I do that, the hat asked.

'Because I'll burn you to ashes if you don't fucking do it.'

The hat sighed, Very well. I expect you wish me to put you in Gryffindor?

'No I want you to put me in Ravenclaw."

Why! Your parents were both in Gryffindor. I could see you asking for Slytherin, but not Ravenclaw.

'Gryffindor is a bunch of foolish gits, Slytherin has Malfoy in it, and Hufflepuff is a bunch of pussies.'

Very well, the hat said, RAVENCLAW!

Nikolai got up as the Ravenclaw table burst into cheers. Walking over to the table he sat down at the end. Pats on the back and handshakes were rained on him as he tried to get everyone to get off of him.

'This is going to be a long year.'


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N - Here it is! I hope you liked it. Yes I did take the sorting hat song from the Sorcerer's Stone book, because I am terrible at making songs and poems. Thanks for reading and I would really appreciate it if you took a few seconds to review. Bye.
Sign up to rate and review this story