Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Killer's Path

Chapter Three

by Wild_Thing8 0 reviews

Chapter Three

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-05-08 - Updated: 2007-05-09 - 4524 words

1Exciting
Disclaimer- I do not own anything that is familiar to you. It all belongs to Rowling, Warner Bros, and many other industries.

Summary- AU! Nikolai is a cold-blooded killer. Problem is he's the boy-who-lived as well. It's not going to be pretty when he is arrested and sent to Hogwarts by Dumbledore. Dark! Independent! Manipulatemeanddie! Harry.

A/N- Sorry this took so long to get out. I have been having football tryouts and practice so it took a while to write this. You will probably notice that there are spelling/grammar mistakes in this chapter. That is because my beta hasn't gotten my chapter back to me yet, so I decided to just post it.

Special Thanks to Dark Lord Potter for helping me weed out the problems of my first two chapters.

NOTICE- PLEASE READ: I have made some changes to the first two chapters. The complete list of things is in my profile so please view that so you will not be confused later on. It is nothing big, but you might be a little confused as to why I am writing something. The only thing about this chapter that is changed because of the updates is that Nikolai will be referred to as Harry except in the very beginning of the chapter. Thanks.

-------X-------

Chapter Three-

Lucius and the newly christened, Nikolai, appeared inside a large family room. The room was colored green and silver, and had many tapestries, portraits, and other odd items scattered around the walls and shelves. Expensive sofas, recliners, end tables, candles, and chairs decorated the beautiful room.

Nikolai took it all in as Lucius led him through the room toward a wooden, staircase. As they started up the staircase, a woman came out of a door in the hallway. The woman was blonde and had her hair braided down to her waist. An elegant green, strapless covered her tall, thin body, accentuating the curves of her body. The woman's face was angular and her eyes blue.

"Lucius!" she yelled across the room, grabbing the man's attention.

" Cissa, darling. You look beautiful," Lucius drawled.

"Thank you. Who is this you have with you?" sneered the woman named Cissa.

"This is Nikolai. Nikolai this is my wife Narcissa," Lucius introduced them curtly.

"A pleasure," Narcissa said shortly.

"Yes ma'am," Nikolai responded, bowing slightly as he did so.

"Cissa, would you cut this child's hair?" Lucius asked his wife, "I would have one of the elves do it, but those infernal creatures would, undoubtedly, mess it up."

Narcissa gave him a short nod before crossing the room and grabbing Nikolai by the wrist. She started up the stairs dragging Nikolai behind her. Nikolai hurried to keep up, in fear that his arm might be ripped out of it's socket.

The pair climbed up two stories before Narcissa finally stepped the staircase and entered a bathroom. She pulled out her wand and conured a stool, causing Nikolai's eyes to bug out.

"Sit," she said pointing at the small, wooden stool that had just appeared out of thin air.

Nikolai did so cautiously, afraid that it might just be an illusion.

"Well hurry up!" Narcissa said raising her voice.

Once Nikolai was seated, Narcissa conjured a pair of scissors. She knelt down so she was face to face with the boy, and threaded her fingers threw his bangs. She lifted them up so she could cut them, but dropped her scissors when she saw the mark on his forehead.

"Y-y-you," she stuttered, backing away from him. Narcissa stood up and ran, as fast as one can run in heels, toward the door.

Meanwhile, Nikolai was extremely confused and disappointed. He had been expecting these people to treat him better than the Dursley's had, but here was this woman acting almost exactly like Aunt Petunia did whenever something odd would happen to him. His scar had always been a focal point in his arguments with his aunt, something that she could insult him for. He had thought it was just something she didn't like about him... Apparently not.

The door slammed open, and Nikolai watched as Lucius practically ran across the room toward him. Lucius reached the boy and yanked his bangs up violently, causing Nikolai to cry out in pain. The man yelled out in anger when he saw the scar on the boy's forehead.

"Lucius, remember what He said," Narcissa warned her husband.

"Yes Cissa. I know what our Lord told us," Lucius spat out as he grabbed Nikolai's hair and yanked him off the stool. "Follow me, boy."

Lucius dragged the poor child out of the bathroom and shoved him to the ground.

"Get up!" Lucius roared.

Nikolai hastily did so and stood as straight as he could in hopes that it would lessen the punishment he would inevitably receive.

"Move!" Lucius yelled pointing down the stairs.

Nikolai scrambled down the stairs, closely followed by Lucius. Once back on the first floor, Lucius forcefully led the boy into the center of one of the rooms. Lucius pulled back a rug and ripped open the trap door that was revealed.

"Down," snarled Lucius, motioning toward the latter leading down into the darkness of who knows what.

Nikolai hurried down the rungs of the latter quickly, eager to get away from the furious man. He descended for another minute or so before he felt the ground beneath his feet. Stepping back away from the latter, Nikolai glanced up at the slowly descending form of Lucius.

What is he going to do to me? Nikolai thought.

Lucius stepped off the latter and motioned for Nikolai to go onward into the dungeon.

As they walked through the tunnel, Nikolai looked around at the things scattered about. Things like silver goblets, decorated weaponry, and fancy robes were to be seen, but other items like bloody dagger, body parts, and other such dark items were also found.

Nikolai was too caught up examining the odds and ends of the dungeon that he failed to notice when they had reached there destination. Only Lucius ripping open the wooden door brought Nikolai back to the reality of the situation. /Lucius led Nikolai into a dark room that upon stepping into it filled him with a sense of fear and dread./

"What is it now, Luciusss," a cold voice hissed out of no where, causing shivers to ripple down Nikolai's spine.

Lucius knelt on the floor before answering the bodiless voice.

"My Lord. I have found Harry Potter like you instructed," Lucius answered loudly.

There was an eery quiet for a few seconds, and Nikolai was starting to think that he had been imagining the voice just as a man walked out of the shadows. It wasn't really a man, but a ghostly image of a man. The 'ghost' was wearing robes that billowed in a nonexistent wind. It's whole appearance was a translucent white except it's eyes, which glowed a dark red.

"Bring him forward," the 'ghost' commanded Lucius.

Nikolai was watching the thing in front of him so intensely that he did not notice Lucius get up and stalk toward him. He barely even felt the pain as the blond man gripped him tightly about the shoulder and dragged him towards the translucent man.

"This is him, my Lord," Lucius said with a bow, shoving Nikolai at his Lord's feet.

"Yesss," it hissed, "It has been five long years since I have seen this boy. Where did you find him my faithful servant?"

"In Knockturn Alley," Lucius answered, "I was going to train him into a hired killer. Then I was going to use him to obtain money in place of what I had to use to stay out of prison."

"Indeed," the Lord said interestedly. "I believe today is the thirtieth of July, correct?"

Seeing Lucius' nod it continued. "Then tomorrow will be the boy's birthday. You may keep the boy until he is sixteen, Lucius. That gives you a decade to make your money with the brat. I expect I will be able to kill the boy then, but right now I need him for the ritual."

"The ritual, my Lord?" Lucius asked raising his bowed head.

"Yes my servant I will instruct you in it. Bring me the boy now. Today Voldemort will rise again."

Harry woke with a start as the nightmares of his past ripped him from his slumber. Untangling himself from the sweaty, Ravenclaw blue sheets. He grabbed his wand off the end table, waved it, and watched as the time appeared in bright red letters and numbers.

4: 22 September 9, 1996

/Ugh! Why does life suck so much? /he thought bitterly as he rolled off the bed.

Straightening himself, Harry set about getting dressed. First, he pulled on a pair of black jeans. Next, he donned a plain blue t-shirt. Pulling his Manchester United hat out of his bag, he put it on his head and grabbed his shoes. Harry grabbed his bag and padded quietly from the room, making his way to the Ravenclaw Common room.

The common room was pretty simple in style. The walls were painted blue and bronze bookshelves that were filled with various tomes of different skills and stories. Four large chairs and two love seats surrounded the marble fireplace, and dozens of smaller wooden chairs were placed around circular tables scattered across the room.

Harry walked through all of this to the exit. He pushed the stone button on the side of the wall and waited for the statue of Rowena herself to move out of the way.

Stalking down several flights of staircases, Harry reached the entrance hall. Shoving the large doors open he walked outside and started to run.

Heading toward the lake he thought about what would happen in result of this past week. Dumbledore would try to turn him to the light side. That much was obvious. Apparently the old man believed he need him to kill Voldemort. Like that was going to happen.

The Dark Lord was more powerful than Dumbledore could ever hope to be. No way could he, at this moment, face Voldemort and hope to kill him. He didn't even /want /to for heaven's sake. What would he possibly gain from it?

Finishing his first lap around the lake he dropped to do his first hundred sit ups and pushups. The lake was a proximately a mile and half in perimeter, so it fit well into his morning workout of a five mile jog and 250 pushups and sit ups. After he finished with those he would lift weights for an hour before hitting the showers.

Starting his second lap, Harry wondered who he would be able to get to help him out with his Voldemort problem. He knew he would be able to call in some help from Dimitri. He and his fanged brothers owed Harry a favor or two.

There was also that US army general that had gotten his patrol squad into a spot of trouble a year or so back. Harry just happened to be on a mission in th States at the time and had decided to help out. It had been during one of his nice moments. He still shuddered when he thought of himself helping out those muggles.

Still... They were rather brutal when it came to fighting. Despite any hatred toward muggles that Harry felt do to being raised by the Malfoys, he had to admit their weapons were far superior to the spells that wizards came up with.

Harry finished his third lap and started to do the pushups and sit ups.

Then there was that woman at the Ministry. Bones he remembered her name to be.

A year back, she had led a small force of ten Aurors against one of Voldemort's more influential Death Eater's home. The Death Eater had been Nott. It should have been an easy raid to perform, but unfortunately for her Nott had a few guests over for dinner that night.

That being how he himself had ended up there. He and Draco had been invited only because Nott did not want his son Theodore to cause problems during the dinner.

When Amelia had led her squad of Aurors into the dinner hall they had all but been slaughtered. Bones had thought it would be a good chance for the rookies to get some practice. She had no way of knowing that there would be five of the most powerful Death Eaters in the same house that night.

Eight of the Aurors had gone down at this point and only two of the Death Eaters were incapacitated.

In another one of his nicer moments he had decided to intervene. Thinking fast he had shot several Blasting Curses of in the middle of the room, effectively causing enough distraction for him to apparate her out of the manor.

Now, no matter how much she hated him for leaving the rest of her squad behind, she owed him a life debt.

That and he learned an important thing that day. The nice moments, horrid as they were, usually got him powerful friends..

Harry finished his sit ups and headed for a pile of leaves he saw had formed under a tree.

Taking out his wand transfigured a couple of them into 40 lb. dumbbells. Next he transfigured a few into a bench, rack, and bar. After transfiguring some weight for the bar he started doing squats.

45 minutes later, Harry jogged back to the castle. Running back up to the Ravenclaw common room he quickly entered the showers before some idiot students could ask what the famous Boy-Who-Lived had been doing.

Turning one of the many knobs in the shower, Harry watched as the hot water cascaded against one of the fogging glass walls.

Stripping off his gym clothes he stepped into the shower and started to relax, forgetting all about the war and stupid Ravenclaws.

-------X--------

Albus Dumbledore was not a happy man at the moment. After he had promised to forget all about Harry's past crimes Sirius had given him an earful. Albus could see the reason he might get angry, but surely the man must see that it was for the greater good.

Then there was the matter of the boy himself. Far from being the golden boy that Albus had hoped for him to be, the boy was an assassin. Hired by a Death Eater most likely, if the murder of the Grangers was anything to go by.

Albus knew the boy should be in Azkaban at the moment, but what would be the good in that. Voldemort would eventually seize the wizarding prison anyway, so it was more than likely that the boy would join the monster if that was the case. Now at least they had a shot at him.

All things considered, he thought he did a pretty good job with getting the boy to Hogwarts.

Albus' thoughts were interrupted when he felt the privacy wards, set around the staircase that led to his office go off.

Straightening himself, Albus tapped into the wards to see who was coming.

Severus and Harry excellent.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in Severus... Harry," he called.

-------X-------

Harry walked leisurely down the stairs leading to the dungeons. His pack was flung over his shoulder, and his hair was still slightly damp allowing it lie almost flat. He was wearing a pair of extremely baggy blue jeans with the left knee ripped and frayed. His torso was cover by an undershirt which in turn was covered by a beat up black button up shirt. The shirt was left open and the sleeves were rolled up to mid forearm.

When Harry had seen that he had Potions at this time, he had taken extra precaution to make sure he annoyed Snape.

The man deserved anything that was coming to him. The bloody traitor had turned him in. To make sure he pissed Snape off to the fullest he had conjured a pack of cigarettes and a lighter to take along with him. Normally he didn't smoke, but if it ticked off the man who got him arrested then who was he to put the idea down.

He also set his magical cell phone to go off ten minutes after he got to class.

The phone wasn't really magical. Just a regular one with a magic nullifying field around it. Pretty damn useful though.

He turned right into small corridor and headed down it.

The old man had told him it was the seventh door on the right.

1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . 4 . . . 5 . . .6 . . .7

Before he opened the door, he took out one of his cigarettes and lit it. Taking a deep drag and blowing the smoke out, Harry pulled the door open.

The whole class looked up as he stalked into the room.

"Potter... How nice of you to grace us with your presence. Though it seems you're a little late for class. 75 points from Ravenclaw. 5 for each minute you were late." Snape drawled. "And it seems you're not in proper school attire-"

Harry looked up at him. Taking the cig out of his mouth cut Snape off coldly, "First, it's Harry, I don't usually go by my last name unless it had Mister in front of it. Second, I don't give a shit how many points you take off so don't even bother. Thirdly, if I want to wear these clothes then I will, because you can do nothing to me."

The class gasped as he said these things. No one ever talked to Snape like that.

"Why insolent little brat! Just because the Headmaster kept yo out of prison doesn't mean you can do anything you want," the potions professor yelled.

Harry took the cigarette out of his mouth and blew out some smoke. "I beg to differ, Sev. I can do anything I want as long as it doesn't get me tossed in Azkaban. You see... the old man pardoned me for all charges ever committed. All you can do is kick me out of this school, and that would be doing us both a favor."

Before Snape could start yelling again, one of the muggle-born students spoke up. "You know it's bad to smoke right," the girl yelled.

Harry turned to look at her, his eyes blazing. "Who are you... my mother? If you want to be anyone's mother, be Granger's. She's the one who really needs one."

The class, not including the Slytherins, gasped. Harry looked at Granger. Her eyes were watering slightly, but nevertheless she stared back defiantly at him.Impressive.

"Mr. Pot-," Snape started.

Snape was cut off by a loud beeping noise. Harry pulled the phone out his pocket and pretended to look at his messages. A moment later he looked up at Snape with a sad look on his face.

"Sorry Sev, but I gotta go," he said with fake regret.

"Oh no you don't! You will come with me this instant!" the potions master yelled.

Snape stalked across the room quickly. When he reached Harry he grabbed the boys shoulder and shoved him forward, out of the classroom.

They walked on in silence for a few minutes before Snape broke the silence.

"You think your all that don't you. Just because you didn't go to prison for what you did."

"On the contrary Sevvy, I'm just taking advantage of the fact that all you can do is expel me from this school."

"You forget. Once you leave this school you will be arrested for murder."

"And you forget that Albus dropped all charges on me," Harry answered smugly.

Snape opened his mouth to retort, but couldn't find words to use.

The pair rounded a corner and ran into the stone gargoyle leading to the Headmaster's office.

"Sugar Quill," Snape sneered.

The gargoyle hopped out of there way to reveal a spiraling stone staircase. The railings were golden and the steps had different magical animals carved into them.

Snape started up the steps, and Harry followed smirking at the mans back. This was going to be . . . interesting. Dumbledore knew that he had nothing against Harry, therefore he would basically tell Snape to screw himself and get back to his class. Well . . . that's what he hoped the old man would do.

They reached the top of the stairs, and Snape knocked on the door.

"Come in Severus . . . Harry!" called Albus from behind the door.

-------X-------

"That bastard!" yelled Ron Weasley back in the Great Hall.

After meeting up with Ron for lunch, Hermione had told him about what happened in potions class. To put it lightly, Ron had been very pissed off.

"Ron! Be quiet," Hermione scolded him as people turned to look at them.

"Hermione he killed your parents for Merlin's sake. Now he's making fun of you like it was some kind of joke," Ron hissed, "What kind of sick bastard does that?"

"I don't know Ron. Just leave it," Hermione said quietly.

It had been two weeks since her parents had been murdered and she had started to get over it, but talking about them still left her with a sense of emptiness. Back on the train it had come as such a shock to learn that her parents murderer was attending Hogwarts that she had lost control of her emotions. After that she had vowed to never act weak in front of that . . . thing, ever again.

-------X-------

"To what do I owe this pleasure, Severus?" Albus asked his irrate Potions Master.

"This boy," Snape scowled, shoving Harry into the office, "Has no respect for authority. He was fifteen minutes late for class, he is not in uniform, he was smoking a muggle . . . cigrat I think it's called, and a few minutes after he so generously came to class his fellytone went off."

Dumbledore looked at Snape calmly throughout his rave.

"Is this true, Mr. Potter?" he asked. Seeing the boy nod he smiled. "Well please do sit down."

Snape looked like he was about to protest, but Albus cut him off. "Severus, I will have a word with him, but I would like you to get back to your class."

The greasy git nodded and left the room.

"Harry, I must ask why you are tormenting my Potions Professor.

"Cigarette?" Harry asked, hoping to make the old man forget about why he was here.

"Don't those give you a muggle disease?" the old man asked with amile.

"Yea a muggle disease. Wizards can't get it." answered Harry, knowing that Dumbledore probably knew that anyway.

"Well then, yes I will have one."

Harry handed one to Albus and lit it for him. Albus put it in his mouth and took a breath. He immediately started choking, causing Harry to burst out laughing.

"You have to blow the smoke out, not swallow it," Harry laughed.

The Headmaster did as the boy said, and smiled.

"I must say that this is almost as good as my lemon drops. Where can I get these?"

Harry grinned, "Muggle supermarket or gas station."

Albus nodded, "Back to business. Why are you tormenting my Potions Professor?"

Obviously he was not to be distracted that easily. To bad.

Harry shrugged. "I'm not purposely tormenting him. I just didn't feel like wearing those stupid uniforms."

The Headmaster folded his hands on his lap and leaned back in his chair. "Harry, you and I both know that you were purposely tormenting my esteemed Potions Professor.

Harry snorted, "Okay maybe I was. It's not like you can do anything about it."

Albus sighed. "Unfortunately you are right. I must ask you to not break to many rules though."

Harry looked the man over intensely. His face looked weary behind the light cloud of smoke that was forming because of the cigarette. Dumbledore's usually twinkling eyes looked dim as they looked the boy in front of him over.

"I don't know," Harry started slowly, pretending to think it over, "Nah, I don't think I will. I will do only what the oath makes me. If you had asked me to add 'not breaking school rules' to the oath then I would have had to. It's your fault this is happening."

Albus frowned slightly, chastising himself for not thinking fo this in the interrogation chamber. "Fair enough. Now, before you leave I have something to discuss with you."

Harry nodded signaling for the man to continue.

"Seventeen years ago a prophecy was made. This prophecy stated that a savior would be born. A child with the power to vanquish the -,"

"Before you go on let me see if I get your point. You want me to kill Voldemort for you, right?" Harry dead panned.

Albus nodded glumly, "I know this must be hard for you."

"Nah," Harry replied cheerfully, waving off his Headmaster's pretend sympathy, "I get this all the time."

"You do?" the Headmaster asked with a smile, his earlier 'sadness' forgotten for a more cheerful attitude.

"Oh yea," Harry said mockingly, "In fact, I've had so many prophecies made about me that it doesn't even bother me anymore. So why don't you drop the crappy sympathy act you were trying to pull, and punish me so we can both get on with our lives."

"I'm not going to punish you," Albus said wiping his half-moon glasses off on his robes.

"Very well," Harry said smugly, "In that case I have a proposition for you."

"Oh?"

"I will capture Lucius Malfoy and possibly several other Death Eaters and turn them into you or the Ministry in exchange for lessons from you in Battle Transfiguration."

"How do you know the location of Mr. Malfoy?" Dumbledore asked suspiciously.

"Please. You know as well as I do that you know I was working for Lucius." Harry said coldly, glaring at the old man.

"We have been looking for him for over six months, ever since that attack on Muggle London, where he was identified by an Auror. We have concluded he is under the Fidelius," Dumbledore informed Harry.

"I am not willing to give you that information," Harry responded.

"Alright," Dumbledore said, "What if I go along with this. How will you get Lucius arrested?"

"Bones," Harry said casually, "She owes me a favor."

"Amelia owes you a favor?" Dumbledore asked incredulously.

"Yea," Harry said, sneering at the Headmaster daring him to dig further for information.

"May I ask why?" Albus asked him.

"Nope," Harry answered coldly, "Maybe someday, but I doubt it. Now if you would excuse me, I have better things to do then answer pointless questions." Harry got up from his chair and headed out the door.

Dumbledore watched the teenager go, feeling like he had won this conversation. He had not revealed to much of the prophecy, and at least one of the Dark Lord's inner circle members would be captured soon if Harry was telling the truth. All in all things were going his way.

-------X-------

A/N- Hey all. Thanks for reading. I hope you liked it. Please take a few moments to review, because I will really appreciate it.

Thanks to all my previous reviewers.
Sign up to rate and review this story