Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Art of Song

Happenings

by -lIzZy- 3 reviews

Jay gets the surprise of his life when someone shows up at school threatning his way of life.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-07-25 - Updated: 2006-07-25 - 1251 words

2Exciting
Disclaimer: i do not own any of the characters in the show, only my own OCs. (Forgot to put this in the first time i worte this) oops!


(in a shower not so far away)

************
I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feeling I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The suns in my heart and I'm ready for love
************

At that very same time across the Atlantic...

Daybreak broke over the eastern slopes of Mt. Helicon on what was promising to be a delightful spring morning in April. The warm air cascading in triumph down the mountainside carrying with it the song of the wind. The aptly named Valley of the Muses was again flourishing in life with lovely violet flowers chasing one another down the mountain in an almost desperate attempt to come into contact with the inhabitants of the village below.

Back across the Atlantic...

"Hera!"
"I know Artemis I can sense it too."
"But how? Aren't they...
"Artemis I...I couldn't explain it to you if I tried."
"But this is...I mean it's...just not possible. No one could ever...it's just...The Muses are back?"

*

The dorm was quieter than usual, the sun a little more perkier than usual, and the shower a little more colder than usual....
"NEIL!" shouted Jay.
"What?" came the reply from outside the bathroom door.
"Didn't I warn you of the consequences of using up all the warm water?" came his reply.
"Oh that! I couldn't help myself, can I help it if my skin looks that good flushed? I mean Jay, buddy...friend, you know that I don't ask a lot-
"Hah," came the sarcastic laugh of a spunky redhead and her partner in crime, the illustrious Archie.
"Can you name me a day of the month where you don't ask anything of us?" he asked taking his turn.
"Well I...I have more important things to do right now than entertain simple minded questions such as these but... give me a call when you want to strike up a real conversation." He said walking off down towards his room, "Oh and Archie, do you think you could put on a pot of organic tea for me while your headed out that way...thanks a bunch." He added fishing his head behind his door to carry on with whatever a 'misunderstood' teen had time for these days.

*

The clock read almost eight o'clock before the whole gang decided to show up for the morning routine: eat, nap, walk to school, nap, learn, eat, nap, and maybe fight Cronus...if they were lucky.
Theresa not one to be overly shy walked a pace closer to where Jay had started on his breakfast...which this morning turned out to be Oatmeal, and took a seat beside him, and maybe a bit of his oatmeal as well. Beside him a copy of the morning paper was open and turned to a passage with heading Singing Mountain Attract Crowd of Millions in Miraculous Spectacle.
"Well that's just a feat to say isn't it?" she asked sceptically.
Athena, who was of course cooking for twelve as Herry took his seat closest to the food, walked over to the article the two teens were reading, and snuck a peek herself.
The coffee pot she was holding shattered on the ground as she realized what was happening in her home country at this very minute. Jay, Theresa, Herry, and the others turned and stared in turn at their supervisor (if you will) and gaped.
"Chil-ch-children...why don't you guys head off to school...there's something I need to check out now." No one moved as she stuttered her way through her command, "well hop to it! Oh, and Jay?"
"Yes Ms. Athena," he said gathering up his books.
"You received a letter in the mail this morning from your parents. It's waiting for you by the door."

*

"Wow," said Atlanta bumping up and down as Herry accidentally ran over a pothole. "Did you see her face when she saw the headlines?"
"Yeah it's almost as if she was, well, scared?" said Odie.
"Please!" said Archie, "she's the Goddess of Wisdom and War. You can't earn that respect cowering over something as stupid as a... singing mountain."
"She did look a little spooked though," said Theresa taking up sides with Atlanta and Odie. "What do you think Jay?" she asked turning to the leader, who was at the moment lost in thought. "Jay?" she said snapping her fingers, "Earth to Jay, anyone home?"
"What?" he asked snapping out of it. "Sorry Theresa I was just wondering about something."
"What?"
"Oh nothing, it's...uh...just a letter you know," he said trying to dismiss the subject.
"Well something's wrong. What is it?" she asked persistently.
"It's just my folks that's all."
"It's got to be more than that if you're drinking your coffee with your shirt."
"What? Oh damn it!" he cursed surprising the others a little. Jay wasn't one to curse after all, he usually left that privilege to Herry or Archie who on occasion abused it. "Does anyone by chance have a spare shirt in their lockers?"
"Why would we-
"I do," piped up Neil.
"Of course you do, how silly of me to dismiss Neil," said Archie.

*

At school, Jay followed Neil out to his locker while the others scrambled to class unaware of the surprise in store for them when they arrived. Of course they read the flyers around school but who really cared for some jazz or swing singer coming around to explain their line of business. It's not as if their life depended on it or something.

*

Theresa who shared a class with Herry, Archie, Neil, and Jay (the latter changing shirts at the moment) was surprised to find Atlanta, and Odie there as well with more of the junior classes.
"What's going on?" she whispered to Atlanta, taking up a seat beside her, and reserving one for her boy-uh friend... for her friend who was a boy. Who was still changing his shirt...who was...
"So what are you thinking about that has you red to your toes?" whispered Atlanta.
"Absolutely nothing." She whispered back knowing all to well her best friend could see past her lame façade.

"Class, oh class," said the ever boisterous Mr. Bigglesworth... their eleventh grade music teacher (not to mention the craziest sun of gun to ever walk the Earth). "Class your remember last class when I told you that that swing artist would be coming in for this years celebrity musician?"
And the class was silent.
"...Well I did, and he's here right now. Please give up a warm welcome to...drum roll please."
And the class grew quieter.
"...Mr. Jonathan Sandrini and his three man band."
And the class remained silent.
"So who is this guy?" asked Herry.
"No idea," whispered Archie.
"He kind of looks familiar though, but I can't put my finger on it..."
"I know what you mean Theresa, it's almost as if we know him, but from where?"

At that moment Jay walked in and to his surprise stood face to face with Jonathan, and a look of general amusement from the band.
"Hey Jay," said Jonathan, "good to see you to Cuz!"

_________________________________________________________________

Ps. This is my first Fan Fic. so...be nice. Constructive critisism is appreciated...hate mail not so much.
The next chapter should be out shortly
Sign up to rate and review this story