Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Art of Song

Music and All That Good Stuff

by -lIzZy- 1 review

Music class gets a bit more interesting

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-07-25 - Updated: 2006-07-25 - 1139 words

1Funny
"What...what are you doing here?" he almost shouted unable to conceal his emotions at the moment.
"Why Cuz...I'm hurt!" he mocked, feigning hurt all the same.
"Jay?" asked Mr. Bigglesworth. "You know this young man?"
"Sure," replied Jonathan happy with the turn of events. "He used to...ow."
"Jonathan?"
"Yes Jay?"
"May I have a word with you in private?" he asked through clenched teeth.
"But of course, but not until I tell your teacher here, how we used to tour..."
"NOW!" he shouted.
"Touchy," he said, "but then again you always were the one to zap out the fun in everything. In fact the only time I've ever seen you truly content was when you used to sin...OUCH! Would you stop crushing my foot?"
"Listen Jonathan," he hissed into his ear, "I gave up that lifestyle a long long long time ago. Don't go re-opening closed books!"
"Whatever you say...Cuz. But while we're re-opening and closing books, kindly explain why you're here and not at NASA or wherever in hell you were supposed to be in space training?"
"I'm taking a three months hiatus for educational purposes?" he lied scratching the back of his head.
"Like hell you are...but," he said grinning, "if that is the case, I guess you're going to auntie Amaryllis' twenty-fifth anniversary party...or didn't you get the letter?"
"The letter, of course I got it," he squeaked. "She is my mother after all!"
"Are you going to carry tradition then?"
"..."
"Well?"
"I-I haven't done that sort of thing in almost what? Five years?"
"Jay, you have a gift!
"No! Jonathan, please...just don't say anything alright?"
"I've got your back, like always Jay. Just sleep on it alright."

While Jay walked over to his seat he indistinctly heard his cousin whispering "What a waste of talent," and bowed his head. No he couldn't get caught up in that lifestyle again not after Andy's death...not after his baby brother's death.

The workshop turned out to be pretty cool. After all, now that everyone knew that he was related to Jay...and they were some how connected through business, it was a wonder they received any questions surrounding their line of work as opposed to embarrassing childhood stories. Jay on the other hand was at the tip of his seat the whole time...I mean what if he slipped and gave way his secret...there's no way he'd be able to live down that he used to be...a swing art-

"Jay!" said Theresa snapping her fingers in front of his face, "there's no getting through to you today. I said are you okay?"
"...Yeah," he said nervously, "why wouldn't I be. What have you heard?" he asked now interrogating Theresa.
"You're moods change like the wind. You were getting really pale and sort of sick looking," she said nervously, "do you want me to take you home?"
"I'm just...yeah alright."

As they were getting up to go Theresa was pulled aside by Jonathan, and he started whispering something into her ear which seemed to make her laugh. Before Jay had the chance to make a grab for her Jonathan began to sing to her, an old Sinatra hit entitled "Let's Fall in Love," and by the end of it...he was beginning to think they had.
"Theresa," he said a little more forcefully than he had too, "you coming?"
"Yeah," she sighed whispering something back to Jonathan that had Jay's heart pounding like crazy...she couldn't fall for a swing artist could she...nah she had sense than that...didn't she.

"Your cousin's an amazing singer Jay, how come you've never mentioned him before now?" she asked.
"There was never any reason to I guess...why do you like him?" Shoot! Did he just say that out loud? Theresa gave him that all knowing look as they started walking again. "Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just he doesn't seem your type."
Theresa looked as though she was desperately trying not to laugh, "and what is my type Jay," she said not quite restraining all the giggles.
Jay just kept blushing, he knew he should just stick his foot in his mouth but "I don't know a classy guy I guess?"

They walked on together not saying anything, the awkwardness of the previous subject still fresh in their minds. One thinking he'd just screwed up any chance of getting the girl, while the other one's mind more or less thinking the other wasn't such a cold duck after all.
"So...how 'bout them Jays?" asked Jay.
Theresa, now turning red from the absurdity of the question, tried to stifle her laughter knowing that their leader was just trying to have a descent conversation...but come on. Next thing she knew she was rolling on the ground in hysterics, and surprised even Jay when she snorted. Tears were streaming from her eyes as Jay helped steady her on her own two feet, and when that didn't work he just picked her up.
"Funny," he told her, "I though you were walking me home, not the other way around.
"Sorry I just-just-just," just couldn't finish her sentence with all the laughter that kept on coming. He started wondering if she'd make it through the doorway without her exploding in mirth. It wasn't even that funny! All he said was how 'bout them Jays...oh right...wow a real mature one was his Theresa...who was his friend and not his...but his friend...and nothing more...
"Jay?" said Theresa in alarm, "you're turning beat red! Are you alright?"
He just nodded trying not to make eye contact incase he ended up saying something else he'd later on regret.
"Hey Theresa, I'm going to get a quick start on my sleep tonight so I'll catch you in the morning okay?"
"You mean for Early Wednesday Mornin Hot Chocolate?" she asked still slightly flushed
"The very same stuff, Theresa, the very same stuff," he said kissing her slightly on the forehead without realizing it, and went and got changed for bed.
When the others came home, unbeknownst to "fearless leader" who was sleeping like a baby at the moment, they had brought a guest to stay the week after an invitation from Mr. Bigglesworth to continue the workshop since it was such a big hit. Jonathan on the other hand had ulterior motives that would become clear soon enough...but at that point it was reaching almost seven...and our heroes needed their beauty sleep...especially if they were going to pull through the next day.

_________________________________________________________________

I promise the action will pick up soon and the humour.

Ps. sorry about the short paragraphs...my speacialty is dialogue but i'm working out the kinks...i think (i rhymed flippin' sweet)
Sign up to rate and review this story