Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Art of Song

Secrets Uncovered

by -lIzZy- 0 reviews

Curiosty takes the first point when the titans venture into Jay's room.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-07-26 - Updated: 2006-07-26 - 1097 words

1Original
Jay woke up early like he did every morning and went to go and find Theresa, who was likely waiting for him at the moment. When he entered the dinning room he found her sitting at the table, two mugs of Hot Chocolate in front of her wearing nothing but pajamas and a smile. He took his seat beside her as they waited for the dorm to come bustling to life like they did every morning.
His cousin walked by with a mug of Hot Chocolate beaming at Theresa...hold the phone and redial...
"Jonathan?" he asked groggily, "Jon, is that you?"
"Why cousin," he said rounding the bend, "I see you're up early. No doubt to meet this lovely individual who makes exquisite Hot Chocolate eh?"
"It's too early for this..." he muttered flushing, and trying to think of a decent comeback. "What are you doing here?"
"Why cousin I thought you knew? Mr. Bigglesworth decided since the workshop was such a hit, to have me perform the rest of the week," he explained.
"So you're staying here?" he asked again.
Theresa, who had been watching the conversation from the sidelines, decided it was time to set in, "we invited him to stay here Jay. He is your cousin after all?" she said plainly. Jay grunted when he saw that everything was out of his hands, and just decided to sip his Hot Chocolate, which was at that precise moment scorching hot...
"Holy...God...Damn...Chocolate....Ouch," he whispered fanning his mouth.
"What's wrong Jay," asked Theresa who now had her arm around his shoulders.
"I burmt my thung," he said (or at least tried to).
"Well I'll just leave you two to your... "business" then, and catch you later," said Jonathan leaving the room. "By the by, Jay, I took the liberty of asking your friends out for the night, you as well. I trust you'll be ready at eight?" When he got no answer he continued on to the guest room, where the others were still sleeping in.

"We're going out?" Jay asked once his tongue had regained its senses.
"Well...your cousin asked if you...we're your friends ...and I said...yes...so he said...club...and I said...okay...you're still going right?" she asked nervously, pinking up at the same time.
Well who could say no to that right? "Alright...I guess so...yeah...see you at eight..." then a though struck him. "Where are we going?"
"Some nightclub I think. The Brass Monkey?" she said taking the finished mugs over to the sink to wash out.
His no good stinking cousin! How dare he try to con him into performing in front of Theresa, and his friends...and Theresa...who was his friend also. No wonder he...damn...

Archie had just woken up to find not Atlanta but Herry sleeping on his shoulder, "What the...HERRY...get off of me."
Herry shot up like a bolt and stared at Archie... "oops!" he said laughing, "guessed I dozed off."
"Did anyone see where Jonathan ran off too?" asked Atlanta, who Archie realized was sitting directly across from him, eyebrow raised and a grin just a little to long for his liking. "Good sleep Archie?" she asked.
"I...Jonathan? Don't know," he stuttered back.
"Maybe he's in Jay's room?" asked Odie, "they're related after all."
"In that case we can't go and ask him the directions for the club tonight," she said disappointed.
"We can...if we really wanted too..." hinted Odie.
"Odie?" said Archie.
"What? Jay goes out for a morning run at eight thirty everyday, and it's five to, right now."
"Wow Odie," said Neil glancing up from his mirror, "I didn't think you had it in you."
"Alright we'll go as soon as Jay leaves," said Atlanta.
"I wonder what he's got stored up in there?" asked Neil, "after all, who here besides...let me rephrase that question...who here has even glimpsed the inside of Jays room?" A bunch of shrugs came one after the other. "And do we know why?" asked Neil, not caring for an answer, he continued on anyways. "Because he's a private guy...and maybe we should respect his wishes." When everyone just stared at him he finished, "...you know or just break into his room."

When Jay had left, Odie set up his computer to monitor where he was at all times, in case he decided to come home sooner rather than later.
"I wonder what we'll find in there?" asked Atlanta.
"Well let's hope it's Jonathan," said Odie rapping at the door. When there wasn't any answer, Herry grabbed the doorknob and gave the door a light tap to open it.
"Holy..." Upon entering they had come across a side of Jay they had never known existed.
"Did anyone here know about this?" asked Archie dumbfounded.
Inside Jay's room were navy blue painted walls, a Golden Fleece throw rug, which was relatively normal...but then again, there was also an old record player, dozens of pictures with Jay and Jonathan with his band, and a younger boy, a piano, and a guitar.
"Is it just me, or is there more history to Jay than we first thought?" asked Atlanta.
"It's just you!" commented Archie, simply hoping to rile her.
"I wonder what happened?" she asked staring around at everything in the room.
"Does that picture have Jay and a microphone?" asked Herry chuckling to himself. "I wonder if he used to sing?"

A moment later a voice rang out from the doorframe at the culprits inside "I know you aren't talking about Jay behind his back now are you?"
"Jonathan!" came their voices in unison.
"We...were uh...huh just looking for you," stuttered Atlanta hiding the CD she had just picked up from Jay's mantle piece. "We just wanted to know how to get to the club is all? Nothing more nothing less!" she finished all to quickly.
"Sure you are, and since you've already stumbled upon everything my cousin has been running away from these last five years...be sure not to mention to anyone anything you may have seen on this little excursion...he a little sensitive about the whole...past issue...s."
"Okay...well we were just leaving so, bye," said Atlanta scrambling out of the room Archie in one hand, CD in the other. Neil on the other hand had found something perhaps a bit more juicy in the gossip department...a letter from Mom!

_________________________________________________________________


Feedback is very much appreciated

and any changes you'd like to see
Sign up to rate and review this story