Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Death

5- Date

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 1 review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-12-27 - Updated: 2013-01-01 - 1065 words

0Unrated
I had moved tables at least four times. The wait staff was getting fed up with me, quite noticeably. I’d come early for many reasons, and though I’d been here an hour already I was still nervous.

Hell, I’d already gotten her in to bed with me and that was the objective of most dates, so why couldn’t I just be relaxed like Brendon? ‘Cause I wasn’t him. I wasn’t anything like him.

I was Ryan. Lame, pathetic, weak, suicidal Ryan.

There was still ten more minutes to go when the bell above the door chimed. I gazed up, eyes locking on to Sam. She was wearing a loose white and red dress. It looked very casual, yet elegant. It was something I had the feeling that only she could pull off. Our eyes met and she smiled. I think I smiled back.

I tried to.

The hostess shared a quick word with Sam, before shooting me an impressed/surprised look. She probably thought I’d be here alone all night. Sam paid her no attention as she walked towards the table. “You look nice.” She warmly commented. I looked like a mess compared to her.

I nervously stood, nearly knocking the chair beneath me over. Sam chuckled. “You look beautiful, like you did last time, and the first time.” Babbler. “You’re lovely.”

“Thank you.” Sam’s cheeks became pink. I had embarrassed her? It was weird imagining me embarrassing her. I was the embarrassed one.

She sat down gracefully, as I flopped down across from her.

The waiter rushed over, reciting the daily special and giving Sam a menu. I’d already spent plenty of time reading the menu here. I knew what I wanted. Still, I waited for her to order first.

The waiter disappeared quickly. Sam glanced up at me. “Sorry for running out the other day. I had somewhere to be.” She explained, and she even looked apologetic.

I smiled like an idiot. “I’m just glad I could find you again.”

“Find me?” Sam smiled warmly. “I left my number.”

“The thing is… Brendon made me chase all over for you before telling me that.” I admitted, blushing as she had just minutes ago.

Sam stared at me with an unreadable expression. “You went looking for me?”

“I did.” Oh no. She was going to think I was a major creep.

Sam started laughing. “Wow, well… that’s kind of funny.”

I thought it over with a fresh mind and nodded, “It kind of is actually.” We both laughed.





**



“Actually, Brendon is the one that has all of the one night stands.” I joked, commenting on something Sam had said. It was so easy talking to her. I was definitely surprised. I kind of expected babbling, or being unable to be cheery. Sometimes I was a downer, or so my friends would say. They meant well, I knew that, and they were just being honest. I just couldn’t help myself sometimes.

Sam giggled, “He does seem very… forward.”

“Oh, he is.” I took a long drink of the soda in front of me. “Which…” I leaned forward, almost too embarrassed to say what I was about to say. I said it anyway. “He cleared out of the apartment for us tonight. He won’t be back until tomorrow night.”

Sam smiled, “Is that your way of asking me to stay over?”

“It is.” I blushed. “I thought maybe we could continue our date there, and have like a movie night or something.”

“What kind of movies do you have?” Sam asked.

“I have Netflix.” I answered. “And Netflix supplies me with tons of movies, and then I have Brendon’s comedy stash, and my horror/comedy stash.”

“So, you weren’t wanting to watch lifetime then?” Sam teased.

“We could.” I teased in return. “But aren’t those all women hating movies? I’m trying to impress you tonight, not run you off. That’s what dates are all about, after all.”

“Is that what this is?” Sam asked, grinning at me.

Her beauty kept knocking me off guard and so I had to ask, “Were you ever a bully?”

Sam seemed completely surprised by my question. “I don’t believe so, no.”

“Not even in high school?” There had to be a reason she was so great now. Was it her trying to balance out all the bad she’d done? Beautiful people were hardly beautiful on the inside. It just didn’t make sense. Where were her flaws? I was so used to seeing everyone else’s. Hers were so well hidden. I didn’t want to be caught off guard when they finally came to life in front of me. I just wanted a heads up. “I won’t judge you for it. I’m just wondering.”

Sam’s smile had slipped off. “I’ve never bullied anyone, not on purpose anyway, and if I ever have and I don’t know about it then I am sorry for it.” She was perfect. What the hell?

“You’re just so nice, you know.” I answered her questioning gaze.

Sam chuckled, “I try to be. Doesn’t everyone?”

“No.” I answered. “Not everyone tries to be nice. Some people even try to be dicks.”

“Do you?”

“Sometimes.” I admitted, frowning. “I’d love to tell you that I’m a good guy all the time but I’m not. Sometimes I’m a total dick, and most of the time when I am… it’s on purpose.”

Sam gazed at me for several seconds before smiling. “I do love the pasta here.” And just like that the conversation continued, and she wasn’t holding a grudge towards me- or even thinking less of me.





**



“So what movie did you want to start with?” Sam asked, sitting down on my bed. I had changed the sheets just for her. It was a romantic sign, kind of, right? I was being a romantic.

“How about the one where the loser gets the girl?” I proposed, sitting down beside her.

Sam watched me, with a grin tugging at her lips. “So, who plays the loser, and who plays the girl?” She teased.

I rolled my eyes, crashing my lips against hers.

It was nice.

Again.

She was nice.

And so very, very pretty.
Sign up to rate and review this story