Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everything Has Changed

And All I Feel In My Stomach Are Butterflies

by PrisonRiot 4 reviews

Chapter 3

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-01-08 - Updated: 2013-01-08 - 1776 words - Complete

5Original
Two chapters in a day already and I'm about to write another one wow :o Thank you for the comments and rating the story, wow, I'm glad people enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it (but, you know, if you wanted to rate the story then "here":http://ficwad.com/story/212838/rate/story & would make me very happy :* ) Hope you enjoy this chapter :) xx

Gerard pulled into Mikey’s drive and rested his head against the steering wheel. When he had gathered himself together he got out the car and rang Mikey’s doorbell. Mikey was used to Gerard turned up announced by now, though usually with Frank in tow.

“Hey,” Mikey greeted him as he opened the door, “Come in.”

Gerard smiled at him, knowing that Mikey would be on him almost immediately because his eyes were still red and puffy and his voice was still scratchy.

“You okay?” Mikey asked cautiously, following Gerard to the sofa.

“Yeah. I wasn’t sure whether you’d be in,” Gerard said nervously, wringing his hands and sitting by the edge of the sofa.

“I took a few days off. We’re going to see Alicia’s parents,” Mikey explained, “Coffee?”

“Yea- no, sorry. Do you have any water?” Gerard asked, forgetting that he couldn’t have caffeine anymore. He had a baby.

“Something’s wrong,” Mikey said instantly, “No coffee? Water? Wait, I’ll get a drink and then we’ll talk.”

Gerard smiled at him and then directed his gaze back to the coffee table. He was pretty sure Mikey would take this fine. Mikey would be an uncle. Shit, wait until he told his mom. And Frank’s mom. He rubbed a hand over his face and placed another one on his stomach.

“Thanks,” Gerard said gratefully, accepting the glass of water and taking a sip.

“So,” Mikey started, sitting on the coffee table opposite him, “What’s going on. You don’t want coffee, you look like you’ve been crying and you’re here without Frank. Spill.”

Gerard shifted in his seat, “Well, basically,” He said slowly, “Me and Frank - um - well, you know how I can...have children?”

Mikey frowned, “Yeah...Gerard? You’re not?...”

“Me and Frank decided a few weeks ago to start trying and we weren’t very successful and we decided to stop taking the tests so frequently but I couldn’t help myself and I took one today and it was positive,” Gerard gabbled.

“It was only one test though,” Mikey reminded him, “The tests are only 99% accurate.”

Gerard delved into the bag that he’d brought with him, “I know. That’s why I took another 11. They’re all positive. I mean, I’m going to book a scan in a few weeks just to check but...I’m pregnant, Mikey. Me and Frank are going to have a child. You’re going to be an uncle.”

Mikey stared at him in shock before he managed to get ahold of himself, “You’re...wow, Gerard. You’re going to be parents. Me and Alicia are...wow. That is the best news ever!”

Mikey wrapped his arms around Gerard’s shoulders and Gerard buried his head in Mikey’s neck.

“I’m guessing you haven’t told Mom yet?” Mikey asked, breaking away form the hug. Gerard shook his head and sunk back into the couch. God, it had been such a long day already, and it was only eleven in the morning.

“No, I only found out, like, an hour ago. I called Frank and then I came here. Is Alicia around?” He asked, taking another sip of water.

“She just went out to get some groceries and flowers for her mom, but she should be back soon,” Mikey said, his eyes fixed on Gerard’s stomach. They sat in a comfortable silent for a few moments, Mikey drinking his coffee while Gerard looked on wantonly.

“It’s going to be weird,” Gerard muttered, “No caffeine for nine months, or alcohol, and I’m going to get so fat. Weird.”

Mikey laughed, “But you’ll have a child to show for it. Do you think it’s a girl or a boy?”

Gerard sighed, “I’m not sure. I mean, it’s not even the size of a peanut yet...I’d like either, I think. It would be nice to have a girl, y’know, and be able to buy her dresses and shit. Or tops with cars on, if she prefers that. But then if we got a boy, he’d probably look just like one of us and he’d probably be forever getting muddy, and Frank wouldn’t care if he treaded mud into the carpet and - either. I’d want either.”

Mikey smiled at him in a fond way, “Mom’s going to go mental when she finds out. You know how much she wants grandkids. Maybe I should start thinking about it with Alicia.”

“You wait until I’m finished. You're not stealing my pregnant thunder,” Gerard warned him.

Mikey rolled his eyes and sat down beside Gerard on the couch and turned on the TV.

“I’m just going to call Frank and tell him to meet me here,” Gerard told Mikey, getting off the couch and wandering into the kitchen to talk to him.

*

Alicia had screamed and whoops when Gerard told her, rushing to his stomach and framing it with her hands. They were now waiting for Frank to come back, sitting on the couch and watching project runway.

“When do you think you’ll start buying maternity clothes?” Alicia asked, bending round Mikey to look at him.

“I hadn’t even thought about that. I mean, it’ll be a few months before I start to show. And we need to go to the doctor’s first,” Gerard rambled, “But -”

He was broken off by a loud repeated knock on Mikey’s front door.

“Frank!” He jumped up and ran to the door, unlocking it and getting bowled over by Frank, smothering every available inch of skin in kisses, before bending over and pressing a kiss to Gerard’s stomach and resting his head against it.

“Our baby,” Frank whispered, leaning back to look up at Gerard’s face. Gerard laughed and pulled him up.

“You’re ridiculous,” Gerard said fondly, stroking Frank’s hair.

“The ridiculous dad of our baby,” He replied, leaning his forehead against Gerard’s.

“Are you two done yet?” Mikey called from the sofa, but there was a smile on his face and he was cuddled against Alicia.

“I’m so excited,” Frank breathed against Gerard’s skin.

“We still have to go to the doctor’s to check, so it’s not definite yet,” Gerard said breathlessly, trailing off. His cheeks were pink and his eyes were bright. They kissed passionately, both Frank’s hands resting on his stomach.

“When do you think we should tell our parents?” Frank asked, resting his hand on the small of Gerard’s back as he guided him to the sofa.

“I don’t know. My mom will complain if I tell her before we go to the doctor’s or if I tell her having known for two weeks, but I think it’s best to know for sure. I think a scan picture would be nice as well. I know we’d have to wait 6 weeks to tell her, but by then the pregnancy would be more stable and there would be fewer complications...” Gerard trailed off. He’d only just discovered he was pregnant, he didn’t want to think about losing his child already.

Miscarriages were more common in men as there was less space for the baby to grow, meaning that the baby could be manipulate itself into different positions, sometimes cutting off the placenta or becoming deformed. It was generally safe after 6 weeks as the baby would either have made a secure place to grow or it would become obvious to a doctor that the baby was having difficulty developing as it should.

Frank kissed Gerard’s cheek and guided Gerard’s hand to his stomach.

“It’ll be fine, you’ll see. I think it’s best we wait 6 weeks though, until after the first scan,” Frank agreed.

“I think you should worry about how you’re going to hide yourself from Mom for six weeks,” Mikey snorted. It lightened the mood and Alicia hit him over the head with catalogue.

“I probably won’t be showing then anyway,” Gerard said. Mikey raised his eyebrows.

“She’ll still know,” He reasoned. Gerard made a face.

“We’ll just say I’m busy at work. I’ll talk about comics every time she calls that’ll confuse her,” Gerard shrugged.

“You do that anyway,” Frank reminded him. Gerard look at him, unimpressed, until Frank kissed him, “We better get going though, we need to get a doctor’s appointment.”

“Yeah,” Gerard agreed, standing up with Frank, “But it was great seeing you guys. Hopefully next time I see you we’ll know for sure.”

“We do know for sure, you’re just checking for confirmation,” Mikey said confidently, hugging them both in turn and seeing them out the door.

“It feels good to have told someone. I was going crazy when I found out,” Gerard admitted as Frank got into the driving seat of their car. Gerard noticed but didn’t mention anything. He knew Frank would probably be like this throughout the whole of his pregnancy.

“I was crazy all day, thinking about you and our baby but not being able to talk to anyone about it. I missed you so much today,” Frank said, kissing Gerard’s hair before starting the engine.

“I can’t wait until I’m properly pregnant, y’know? Stomach and everything. I’m not looking forward to the fat part, but I want the bump,” Gerard said while they were on the motorway.

“You’ll still look gorgeous. I’m just looking forward to your cravings,” Frank told him, taking a right turn. Gerard laughed and looked down at his stomach.

“I wonder what you’ll want,” He asked his stomach. Frank looked so fond of him that he was going to burst. He couldn’t wait to go out in the middle of the night to get Gerard’s cravings, or drive him to hospital when the time came, though the thing he was looking forward to most was becoming the father of a child with half his DNA and half Gerard’s.

*
Sign up to rate and review this story