Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Force Maelstrom

Cruel fate

by nanoshinigmami 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2013-01-10 - Updated: 2013-01-10 - 3126 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2: Cruel Fate
"Come out from you're hiding place, Naruto." Valandil said.
He waited for a few moments but no one came out.
"Oh, you want to play that ninja game again huh?" He said as he smiled and looked at a bush. Suddenly, something from the bush was tossed upward. A scream was heard as the tossed object was coming down fast. Valandil smirked as the screaming object was about to hit the ground. Suddenly, he waved his hand and instead of hitting the ground the object floated a feet before it hit the ground and then he waved his hand and the object dropped to the ground unceremoniously.
A distinct "OW" was heard as he walked closer to the object that is revealed to be Naruto.
"You never learn, do you, Naruto?"
"Che, if only I could use my chakra or my ninja abilities. You would have not been able to find me." The four year old Naruto mumbled.
Valandil only smiled upon hearing Naruto's mumbling.
"Maybe I wouldn't have, Naruto. But why are you hiding there while watching me?"
Naruto cursed under his breath for mumbling about ninjas.
"I don't know. Maybe a part of me was scared that you would think that I was trying to steal your jutsu… err magic I mean."
"My magic isn't something that could be easily stolen or copied you know." Valandil seats next to Naruto. They were silent for a moment until Valandil broke it.
"Hey Naruto, what's it like on your world?" He asked.
Naruto was surprised at his question. As if Valandil could sense what he was thinking he said.
"Don't be surprised that I somehow figure out that you are neither from our world nor from our time. The first time I saw you, I already knew that you are not from this world. You said that you came from a hidden village that doesn't associate themselves much to the outside world. But I find it hard to believe that I haven't encountered that kind of a village considering I have been roaming around Earthland for centuries now. And even though, you try hard to act like a child, I could sense that you are someone who have already seen the horrors of life and fought through it to live. I told you much of this world and what I am. So tell me, what are you, Naruto?"
"You'll probably not believe me anyway, you'll probably say that it's just a made up story." Naruto answered sadly.
"I'm an elf. The humans in this world probably think of me as just a myth. A fictitious being made by the imaginative mind but here I am in front of you. How can you say that I might not believe your story when my existence was also supposed to be made up?"
Naruto grinned and said. "Well, then you better be ready because it's going to be a long story."
"Well, time is something an elf has so much to spend." Valandil said as he smiled at Naruto.
Suddenly, everything went dark. Standing in the mid of darkness was an eleven year old Naruto, his clothes are soaked and his black sword is dripping with blood, Valandil's blood. Lying at his feet was Valandil's lifeless body, his face calm and had a smile even in death.
"I killed him… I killed him…" was all could be heard. The voice grew louder and louder until it was like a scream.
Suddenly, Naruto jolted up from his sleep. His eyes wide open and his face soaked with sweat. He looked at the clock; it was three in the morning. He looked at his hands for a moment and then he covered his face with it. A knock was heard from his door and a familiar female voice was heard.
"Naruto-san, may I come in?"
"Yes Juvia, the door is not locked."
Juvia opened the door and walked in. She looked around and saw everything was toppled over like an earthquake just occur and said.
"Juvia, felt you're magic. So Juvia thought that there is something wrong. Juvia guess she was right?"
"Just a stupid nightmare." Naruto answered dismissively.
"A nightmare or a recollection of the past, perhaps?"
"It's none of your business. Just go back to sleep. We have finished our job here already and we will go back to the guild tomorrow by early morning. Master Jose doesn't like waiting."
"If Naruto-san says so, then Juvia will go back to sleep now." She said as she walked out and closed the door.
When Juvia left, he took the sheathed sword that was standing by the wall. He unsheathes it and looked carefully at the sword's black blade.
"A nightmare about the past…"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The sun had just risen from the horizon as tree individuals are walking around the city. From one look, you knew that they just had a rough time from a mission. Two of them had a sulking look while the last one was cheerful like a child.
"Come on Jet, Droy. Let's explore this town before we go back to Magnolia. I bet they have many books that are a good read." The cheerful one said as she walked around town looking for bookstores.
"That's Levy for you. Even though we almost failed our mission and almost got ourselves killed by that beast, she still had bright smile on her face." Jet said.
"Yeah, I guess we are lucky that boulder chose to fall off the mountain and on top of that beast's head when it was about to gut her." Droy replied.
"Lucky huh? Are we always going to depend on luck and Levy's cheerfulness? Personally, I feel sick about myself. I can't even hurt that stupid beast and Levy even had to place herself between us and that beast to protect us, when we are supposedly the ones protecting her." Jet answered.
Droy was about to say something when Levy shouted at them.
"Hey Jet, Droy. What are you doing standing in there? Let's go there are so many good stands here. Come on, you slowpokes."
Jet and Droy just looked at her cheerful face and just shook their heads as they followed her. Unknown to them, someone was watching them. Blue orbs are watching the group or more specifically Levy.
"Juvia thinks, Naruto-san has feelings for the Fairy girl. Is Juvia right?"
Naruto was startled at how Juvia was able to sneak up on him without him noticing.
"You'd really be a good spy, Juvia. You're ability really masks your presence. Even I couldn't detect you easily." Naruto answered still not looking at Juvia.
"Juvia will take that as a compliment. But more importantly Naruto-san, you shouldn't…"
"I don't. What gave you the idea that I like her?"
"Naruto-san never watches a girl. Naruto-san is always professional, never showing any emotion towards anybody but while watching her, Juvia saw a small change on Naruto-san's normally frozen blue orbs."
Juvia watch Levy for a moment.
"Juvia thinks she is an amazing girl to be able to affect Naruto-san like that. Naruto-san do you really think the boulder accidentally fell to that beast's head and was not sent flying by someone?" Juvia asked as if she knew something.
Naruto only raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything.
"More importantly, could she be Juvia's long lost sister, because she and Juvia have the same hair color. Juvia wonders."
Naruto mentally sweat dropped at Juvia's last remark.
"No, I don't think so Juvia." He said. 'and I hope not' He thought.
"Juvia suggests that we go back to the guild now." Juvia said as she walked away. Naruto took one last look at Levy and mumbled.
"You really are one amazing woman. You remind me of my past self."
When Naruto caught up to Juvia he said.
"Could you stop this rain? It's really annoying."
"No, Juvia can't, because Juvia is a rain woman." Juvia said while looking at the road ahead.
"Tsk, weird woman."
"Thanks."
Naruto only shook his head.
'Kami must hate me so much for always putting me with the weirdest people.'
~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A knock came at Jose Porla's door.
"Master Jose, it's me Naruto. Juvia and I just came back from our mission."
"Come in, it's open." He ordered.
The door opened as Naruto and Juvia walked in.
"The mission is a success I presume?" He asked them.
"Yes, master." Juvia answered.
"Very good, I expected no less from you two. However, I have a new mission for both of you. No, this is a mission for the whole guild." He said.
Naruto and Juvia had a bad feeling about the mission.
"Last week, Konzern Heartfilia sent a mission to our guild. The mission is to find his daughter Lucy Heartfilia. After looking for a while, I manage to find her and she is currently part of Fairy tail. This is a good opportunity for us to show those Fairy tails, which is really the better guild. All the shame they gave me and this guild will end now. Right now, I will be declaring war towards their guild but for that to happen, they must be willing to fight us first."
Naruto and Juvia stiffened at the implications of what Jose is saying. Jose continued.
"Juvia, I want you to take Lucy Heartfilia and bring her here."
Juvia reluctantly nods and walks out. When he thought that Juvia was out of earshot, he turned to Naruto.
"Naruto, I want you to show Fairy tail our guild's power. Show them what Phantom Lord does to those who steps in our way. Destroy their guild building and then make the first Fairy tail members you see an example for everyone to see."
"Forgive my disrespect master, but isn't it quite a little overboard? I think destroying their building is more than enough. The magic council might punish our guild if we go overboard." He said calmly.
"Are you questioning my judgment, Naruto? Have you forgotten who you are talking to? Do as you are told or are you disobeying me, hmm?" Jose answered.
Naruto just bowed for moment and started to walk out of the room.
"No master, forgive my insolence. I shall do as what you said." Naruto said as he walks out of the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Naruto is currently sitting on top of the guild's roof. He is deep in thought as he looked at his sword.
~0~0~0~0~ Flashback~0~0~0~0~
It has been almost three years since Valandil and Naruto were travelling together. While travelling, Naruto was being taught by Valandil of how to fight with a sword.
"Hey Sensei, you said that you would teach me your magic but you haven't taught me anything pertaining to magic." The seven year old Naruto said calmly.
"Really? Tell me what we have been doing for the past three years."
"Well, you taught me kenjutsu. Telling me to master the techniques that was written in this book, he said as he pointed at the book he was currently reading. Then you told me to train my body by doing those physical exercises and lastly, you told me to hone my senses by meditating on various places from waterfalls to rocky mountains. But I don't get how it would help me with my magic."
"Tell me what has changed from you since then."
"Well, I have almost mastered the sword techniques in this book. I am also quite physically better than most of the humans I have seen and more importantly; I could easily sense things now."
"You forgot one thing; you are much calmer and patient now."
Naruto only nods.
"I think you are ready to learn my magic then. But before that, I want you to promise me that you won't use this magic to hurt the innocent."
"I promise, I won't use it to hurt the innocent."
"I also want to teach you some basic elvish magic spells that might come in handy in the future. So you won't be a one trick pony. It's good to always have something to surprise the enemy."
~0~0~0~0~End of Flashback~0~0~0~0~
"I'll never use 'that magic' again, I am not worthy of it." Naruto whispered.
He felt rain drops falling on his head.
"Juvia, what do you need?"
"Reminiscing the past or thinking about that girl?" Juvia asked as she sat next to him.
"Why do you need to know?"
"Because Naruto-san is Juvia's partner and Juvia's only friend."
"Friend huh? It's been a long time since someone called me that."
"Juvia feels that Naruto-san is somewhat similar. That Naruto-san is also sad from being alone just like Juvia. Why do you follow the master, Naruto-san?"
"So you heard our conversation afterall. I could ask the same way to you. Why do you follow him?"
"Juvia was too shy to interact with others and felt like she was always out of place. So, Juvia ran away when she was nine years old. Juvia met her sensei and she taught Juvia magic, but her sensei went missing after a year. That is why Juvia couldn't control the rain. She wasn't trained enough. When Juvia came back instead of being accepted, Juvia was more shunned because of her uncontrolled magic. But Master Jose, he took in Juvia. He didn't shun her, so this is the only thing Juvia could do as gratitude." was Juvia's answer.
"Seven years ago, when the person who taught me everything died, I lost my will to live. For three years I lived to die. I took every single suicidal mission as a mercenary. One day, my luck run out and I was about to be killed by a monster, but Master Jose came. He saved me and in gratitude I pledged my loyalty to him." Naruto said which startled Juvia because Naruto never tells anyone his past.
"Are you having second thoughts?" Juvia asked to which Naruto didn't respond so she asked him a different question.
"So, what is your decision, Naruto-san?"
"I live for the guild, let's go. We have a mission to do." Naruto answered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Naruto walked in the middle of silent night on the road towards, the building of Fairy tail. Talking to Juvia made him remember the past
~0~0~0~0~Flashback~0~0~0~0~
"Before I teach you my magic, I think it is only proper if I teach you the kinds of magic."
Naruto only nods.
"First there are those called the innate magic. Innate magics are inborn magics. They are not learned they are just mastered. Example of this are Take over and Telekinesis. Next type of magic is elemental magic. This type of magic uses the elements. There are mages born who are attuned to an element making it possible for him or her to learn elemental magic. Next is sorcery magic, they are non-elemental and non innate magic. They could be learned by anyone if they would dedicate enough time to learn it. Example of these is ex-quip, sleep magic, and illusion magic." Valandil paused for a moment.
"Now we go to the rarer types of Magic. First is the forbidden magic, forbidden magics are magics banned by all the mages whether they are humans or not. These magics are commonly harmful not only to the caster but to others as well. Usually, this magic is attuned to evil and requires sacrifices. The next is called Dragon Slayer magic. This type of magic is more attuned to the elements. Think of them as a stronger and more potent version of the elemental magic. They are taught by the dragons themselves."
"But why would the dragon teach someone a magic that slays them?" Naruto asked.
"That is something I am not allowed to answer. When you found a dragon slayer or a dragon, asked them yourself. Continuing on, the next type of magic is called the Lost Magic Arc. This type of magic is more on controlling the things that control things."
Valandil smirks at Naruto's dumbfounded expression.
"You didn't get it do you?"
Naruto only nods.
"I'll explain it fully to you as the magic I would teach you, falls into this category." Valandil took a small rock and dropped it to the ground letting it freefall.
"Why did the rock fall down?" He asked Naruto.
"Because you dropped it, of course it would fall down."
"But why didn't it fall left or fall right or better rise up? Why are we standing like this at the ground instead of being upside down or floating?"
"How am I supposed to know that? I just know that there is a force that is always pulling us towards the ground…" Naruto's eyes widen in realization.
"So now you do realize that there is an invisible force dragging us down. Now do you understand what I am telling you?"
"A little."
"Very well, let me ask you. After so many years, why do you think a building or a structure just collapses?"
"Of course, because it's been old, the materials are having become brittle to withstand the force that is constantly pulling it on the ground."
"Very good Naruto that is the concept of the Lost Magic Arc, controlling the things that usually controls things. In that case, if you could have controlled time, then you could accelerate, decelerate or reverse the aging or movement of things or if you controlled the force then you could have weaken, strengthen, reverse or nullify the force that is acting on an object. I have to warn you Naruto, learning this magic is very hard because these things are things that you can't see, hear, taste, smell or sometimes feel. You just know they're there. Do you understand me?"
Naruto nods.
~0~0~0~0~End Of Flashback ~0~0~0~0~
Naruto stopped his musings when he arrived in front of Fairy tail.
"I just hope the one who I encounter is a strong one. Maybe that Dragon slayer or any of their S-class mage." He muttered as he sensed if the building is empty.
"Perfect, no one is inside. Forgive me for doing this to your guild, Fairy girl."
He unsheathed his sword, its black color blending into the night. He felt people approaching but paid it no mind. He needed witnesses anyway. He swung his sword downward and it sent a crescent moon shaped dark energy towards the guild. Upon impact, the guild's wall and foundation was destroyed.
"Hey, why did you destroy our guild!" A crying female voice said.
Instantly, he recognized that voice and his eyes widen slightly. He reluctantly but emotionlessly looked at her.
'Of all the people, it had to be you that I would come across to, Fairy girl.' He thought as he was face to face with none other than Levy McGarden.
End Of Chapter 2
Sign up to rate and review this story