Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Force Maelstrom

Chapter 3: Fairies Vs. Phantoms: Battle Start

by nanoshinigmami 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2013-01-25 - Updated: 2013-01-25 - 4498 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3: Fairies Vs. Phantoms: Battle Start
Shadow Gear, a trio of mages from Fairy tail just came back from a mission, a mission which almost cost them their leader's life. The mission's aftermath though, was visible to them physically and emotionally. For Jet and Droy, it's their inability to protect Levy while Levy was more worried about them being too hard on themselves.
"I already told you two, I'm alright. We are mages, missions like this happens so you don't need to be too hard on yourselves. And I didn't die; see I'm here in front of you. Stop thinking of what ifs already, let's all get some rest and then meet our guildmates tomorrow and have some fun." Levy reassured them cheerfully.
"But Levy…" Droy was about to say something when Levy interfered him.
"Know what, we're just tired. I'll be going to Fairy hills and rest. See you tomorrow." She said as she walked towards Fairy hills, leaving the two still rooted on their spot.
As Levy was walking away from them, she knew they were still there looking at her. She made her way towards the guild building which was on the way to Fairy hills.
'Jeez those two, still thinking of what ifs when they should just be happy that we are still alive and going to be able to see our friends again.' She thought as she saw someone standing in front of the guild. The person she saw had unruly golden blonde hair that seemed to shine on the moonlight. She could tell from looking at him that he was a male even though he had his back on her. He was wearing a black overcoat that hung past his knees and he had a sword strapped on the back of his waist.
'Maybe a mage who wanted to become part of Fairy tail, better show him some hospitality.' She thought as she walked faster towards the guild.
When she was close enough for him to hear her voice though, her eyes widen when she saw him unsheathes his sword and swung it towards the guild sending a dark energy destroying the guild wall and foundation. The guild crushed to the ground.
"Why did you destroy our guild!" was all she could cry out from shock as tears spill out of her eyes.
For the first time, she saw the culprit's face as he looked at her direction. His face betrays no emotion as his deep blue eyes reflected the moonlight. If it weren't for the circumstances of how they met, she would've blushed.
"You're in our guild's way. A word of advice, don't follow me." was the only reply she got as he sheathed his sword and walked away from the shambles of the guild. Levy gritted her teeth while she looked at the ground. He just destroyed their guild, their bar, their home and that was the only reason why he did that. She closed her hands into fist. When she looked up again she saw that he was almost out of the town. She followed him.
"Cold bastard!" She screamed at him when they were outside of town. Her scream halted his movement for a moment.
"Maybe I am." was his reply as he continued walking away.
"Fire!" Levy yelled as the word fire was hauled towards Naruto.
He felt it coming and dodged it at the last second. He looked at the wood that the word struck and saw it burned to ashes.
"Now that we are outside of town, I don't have to worry about accidentally destroying anything." Levy said.
'Solid Script, an innate magic capable of creating almost anything by just saying the word, Interesting.' He thought as he looked at her with the same stoic face.
"I'll not let you go off easily after what you've done to our guild." She said as she looked at him angrily. He didn't reply.
"Fire, Fire, Fire" Levy said as numerous Fire words came hurling at Naruto. He dodged every single one of it with ease but as his feet touched the ground he heard Levy said.
"Mud." His boots slipped because of the Mud word that formed under him prompting him to kneel on one knee. His weight also made him sink into the mud, making movements of the feet hard.
"Boulder" She said as a giant boulder word comes out of nowhere and was falling towards Naruto's head. He looked at it and in a second, he moved so fast that he was like a blur. Before Levy could think, the tip of Naruto's sword was an inch away from her throat. For the first time that night, she had a good view of his sword and her eyes widened.
"This is…"
"Oh, so you know about this sword. You're magic is quite interesting but you are no match for me. So be a good girl and don't disturb me, Fairy girl." He said as he withdrew his sword and turned his back on her. Levy's legs gave out from exhaustion, fear and shock. She trembled as she slumped on the ground while she looked at him walking away. She knew she was lucky he didn't fight her seriously.
Suddenly, Naruto felt something coming to him at high speed. Levy also saw it and she screamed.
"No Jet, don't."
Naruto dodged Jet's Falcon Heaven Soar and counterattacked. He caught Jet's leg and pulled him roughly slamming him to the ground. He suddenly felt vines growing at his feet and the vines formed into fists and attacked him in a barrage of punches. He easily dodged them.
Meanwhile, Droy run towards Levy and asked.
"Are you alright? Did he do something bad to you?"
"Why are you here?" She asked.
"We saw you that giant boulder solid script and thought something was wrong." was Droy's reply as he continually grew the vines to attack Naruto.
Naruto was getting annoyed at the vines. No matter how he cut them down, they always grew back. He knew that it was Droy doing it but the vines kept him busy. He could send a magic attack towards him and Levy but for some reason he couldn't do so.
'What's happening? Why can't I use magic?' He thought as he looked at his sword. He sensed Jet coming towards him from behind and the fist vines are coming to him from the front. He smirked; oh he would be enjoying this. He narrowly dodged Jet's attack and grabbed him at the last second. He then hurled Jet in front of him and he took all the punches of the fist vines that were originally intended for Naruto.
Droy's eyes widened at what happened and he immediately retract the vines. At that slight opening, Naruto threw Jet towards Droy and he didn't have enough time to prepare himself as Jet came crushing to him. Naruto's attack didn't let up as he suddenly appeared in front of them and kicked them away from Levy. Before he goes, he said to Levy in a low voice.
"Do not follow us."
He tried again using his magic as he swung his sword towards Jet and Droy. This time, his magic didn't fail and a dark energy came out shooting towards Jet and Droy. Both of them were sent flying by the attack. He followed them leaving Levy alone.
"That sword…" She said as she trembled both from seeing the sword. Then she remembered.
"Jet and Droy, I must help them. They're going to get killed." She said as she did her best to stand up.
Meanwhile,
Naruto was currently standing in front of Jet and Droy with his sword drawn. He looked mockingly at them as if they were insects.
"Why are you doing this?" Droy said as he tried to stand up. Jet on the other hand was lying on the ground, his body aching all over from the attacks he took.
"I have no personal vendetta on your guild; it was just an order from Master Jose." He said in a monotone.
"Phantom Lords." Droy said.
"Let's finish this." Naruto said as he prepares to give them a beating they'll never forget.
"Wall" The giant word wall was suddenly between Naruto and his victims.
"And yet again, you are saved by Fairy girl." He said.
"Yet again?" Jet asked.
"I remember all you did against that beast was hide behind her." He answered.
The members of shadow gear suddenly went wide eyed.
"Fairy girl, I warned you to not follow us. Now, you will also meet the same fate as them." He said as he suddenly appeared in front of her and punched her in the gut, knocking the air out of her. She slumped to the ground unconscious.
"You bastard!" Droy shouted but he was also silenced as Naruto started beating the crap out him and Jet.
"You scum…" Droy said as he dropped next to Levy and Jet. Naruto was about to send a magic attack towards them but his magic failed again.
'What is wrong with me today?' He thought. He was lucky though, because when he looked at them, all of them were already unconscious. He took out the guild magic stamp and stamped her expose tomach with the guild's symbol. He then tied her on the trunk of a big tree by her arms and feet making her looked like she was crucified. For Jet and Droy though, it was worse. He tied their arms and hung them to the branches of the tree making them look like decoration on a Christmas tree. He looked at Levy for a moment.
'If only you didn't follow me and if only these two weren't so weak. More importantly…' He looked at his sword.
'Why does magic fail today?' He thought.
"Regretting something, Naruto-san?" Naruto was pulled out of his thoughts by the familiar voice.
"No, more importantly, how is your mission."
"It seems Heartfilia-sama isn't around town."
"I see, my mission is finished, let us report. I'm sure Master will have a new plan to get her." Naruto said as he started walking.
"Juvia was right with how she felt doesn't she? Someone did save the fairy mages from that beast by hurling a boulder unto that monster. Who and why they were saved, Juvia wonders?"
Naruto looked at her just raised an eyebrow.
"And you're implying something I presume?" He asked.
"Ah, forbidden love. Juvia likes stories like that: Dark, Tragic and Romantic."
"Someone remind me again, why am I paired with this weirdo." Naruto mumbled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What happened here?" Erza said clearly angry looking at her guild in shambles. Her teammates were no better. Natsu and Gray are gritting in anger while Lucy was shock.
"It's mortifying but we were done in…" They looked at the source of the voice and saw that it was Mira who said it.
Mira led them to the basement of the guild. There, they met their guildmates and was greeted by Makarov.
"Ji-chan, this isn't Happy hour is it?" Natsu said.
"Ah right you are. How dare you go on an S-class mission without permission? I'll give you your punishment now." He said as he gave Natsu, Gray and Happy a hand chop on the head while giving Lucy a pat on the butt.
"Master do you know our current situation? They destroyed our guild." Natsu shouted.
"And who destroyed our guild? Do you have a clue?" Makarov said.
"It's Phantom Lord is it? Those bastards were always hot blooded towards us. Always having fight with our mages." Erza said.
"Calm down, it's not something to make a fuss about." Makarov said.
"What?" was the reply he got from the team.
"First of all, though it's probably them who did this, we don't have concrete evidence. Furthermore, this is as far as those idiots will go. I don't see why they even bothered to attack an empty guild." Makarov answered.
"Empty guild?" Erza asked.
"It seems they attacked in the middle of the night." Mira answered.
"So I see no one was hurt… We were lucky."
"There's no need to get cross with someone that resorts to surprise attacks. Leave them be." Makarov said.
Natsu and Makarov argued for a while until Makarov said he would take a leak and escaped the conversation.
"Natsu, I'm sure the master is as just shocked as us. But warfare between the guilds are prohibited by the council and on top of that like master said, we don't have concrete evidence." Mira said.
"They're the ones who attack us first. They leave our guild in shambles. They are the guild who always bangs heads with us. What more evidence do we need? One of us being beaten to a bloody pulp and hanged to a high place for the whole town to see?" Natsu shouted.
"If this is how the master feels about it, we have to accept it." Erza said.
Sometime later, Team Natsu is lounging at Lucy's house.
"Do you really think Phantom attacked our guild? Why would they attack us all of a sudden?" Lucy asked.
"I don't know we've had some brushes but this is the first time that they attacked directly." Erza answered.
Their conversations led to the topic of Ten great mages to the effects of a war between guilds until it settled to the discussion of the strength of the guilds.
"Master Jose is said to have an equal amount of magic power as master. They also had the element four who are the equivalent of our S-class mages. But the most dangerous of the Phantom's mages is the one they call Naruto. They said that the only person stronger than him in Phantom was Jose. They say that he is more of a warrior than a mage. He opts to fight with sword or hand to hand than with magic. His magic maybe sword related though that was not proven. If it really was Phantom who attacked us, then he is probably the one who was sent to do it." Erza said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phantom Lord's guild members are all hype up at the news they got.
"Did you here? Fairy tail's guild is in shambles." One of them said.
"I bet their spirit must be pretty crushed by now. Serves them right." Another commented.
"But who did it?" Someone asked.
"Probably him." Someone whispered. Everyone looked reluctantly at the lone occupant of a table near the furthest edge of the guild. On his table, he had ramen and sake but it seemed to be untouched. He was looking out of the window deep in thought.
Naruto sensed everyone's eyes were on him. He raised an eyebrow and looked at them with an expressionless face. Everyone had suddenly had an eerie and turned around leaving him alone.
"Damn, that guy is like a stone. He shows no emotions but just from looking at him, you know that when you cross him, you're going to regret it." Someone whispered.
"Idiot, of course he's strong. Except for Master Jose, he is the only one who could command the element four." His friend answered.
Naruto paid them no mind and started eating his ramen. His thoughts came back to what he was thinking earlier.
'Why does the magic fail a few times last night? I wasn't tired nor there was nothing suppressing it.' Thinking of last night brought his thoughts to a certain blue haired girl.
'I wonder if anyone had seen them yet. She'll probably hate me and want me dead after of what I did. If only she wasn't the one who saw me last night. No, I live for the guild…' his thoughts were interrupted by someone.
"The wheels have been set in motion. Excellent job, Naruto-san." Master Jose said.
"Thank you for the compliment, Master."
"Though, it would have been better if you destroyed it while some of the Fairy's are there."
"It would be a problem if someone is accidentally killed by it. Don't worry though; I did leave a present for the town to see." Naruto answered indifferently.
"Oh, I seem to hear a little guilt in your voice Naruto-san."
"No master, I was just thinking of something. That is all. I have to excuse myself to take care of something." Naruto said as he stood up from his chair and leave the guild.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Someone frantically knocked on Lucy's door interrupting Team Natsu's conversation. When she opened it, she saw that it was Cana.
"Just as I thought, I would find you here." She said as she catch tries to catch her breath.
"What happened, Cana?" Erza asked.
"You… you have to go to the southern entrance park. Immediately!" Cana shouted.
Team Natsu and Cana immediately run towards the southern entrance. What they saw made them want to destroy Phantom Lord, magic council be damned. In the big tree at the center of the park, was three of their guild mates, their friends, their siblings. Lucy had to look away as she couldn't stand looking at them. Levy was tied to the trunk of the tree by her hands and feet like she was crucified. On her stomach, the symbol of Phantom Lords is magically stamped. But what's worse, Jet and Droy were hanging on the tree branches by their hands alone being tied like they were slaves.
They felt someone approaching, when they looked to see who it is, they saw it was Makarov dressed in his wizard saint attire.
"Wrecking our shoddy bar, I could bear with. But no parent can remain silent after seeing their children's blood…" Makarov said as the staff on his hands was crushed.
"This means war." He exclaimed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lucy was currently on the hospital visiting the members of the shadow gear.
"This is too cruel. Phantom." She said as she started to remember her past conversations with Levy.
Unknown to her, there was someone watching them from the roof of the adjacent building.
"I cannot forgive them. Don't worry Levy-chan, me and the guild will attack Phantom this afternoon to avenge you. I must go now, we must prepare." Lucy said as she stood up and heads for the door. She opened it and looked at Levy for a moment before steeling herself and closed the door.
Someone dropped by the window of the hospital when Lucy was gone. The stranger opened the window and came in. Seconds later, a figure was standing next to the only female occupant of the room. A hand touched the cotton blanket covering her body. When the blanket was out of the way, the figure looked at her. She was wearing Hospital pajamas. The figure's hand slowly lifted the girl's shirt up.
Moments later, the hospital window opened again and the stranger came out silently. Unknown to the stranger, two eyes were looking as the figure disappeared.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that day, the Phantom Lords guild house is as lively as ever. Suddenly, the guild's door was busted open hitting an unfortunate guild member. When the dust from the debris was cleared, the whole Fairy tail guild was revealed.
The guild war started with Fairy tail versus the Phantom Lord. Magics, punches and kicks were thrown left and right. After a moment, the Fairy tail was looking to be the likely winner of the war.
"Jose, Show yourself !" Makarov shouted furiously.
Erza however noticed something.
"Where are the Element 4 and Naruto? Where are they? Where?" She asked.
Up in the ceiling, Naruto was seating at the railings watching them fight.
'So the other S-class mages of Fairy tail aren't coming except for Titania.' He thought as he remembered what Jose's plan was.
~0~0~0~0~Flashback~0~0~0~0~
"Juvia, once the Fairy tail attacks, go and capture Ms. Heartfilia and take her to me. I am sure she would be either left behind as she is just new and has almost no experience in fighting. Naruto, don't come out until Makarov leaves his guild members to find me. You are no match for him, but I am sure you would almost have no problem with the others except for maybe the S-class mages but I doubt Mistgun and GIldarts will come due to them always being away from the guild. Laxus has a fifty-fifty chance of joining but one thing is for sure, Titania will be there." Jose said.
"Titania huh? The fairy mage who uses ex-quip Knight and is adept at sword fighting." He said.
"Yes, that's her." Juvia answered.
"I'll take her on." He said.
~0~0~0~0~End Of Flashback ~0~0~0~0~
'Tch, I can't believe everything went according to Master's plan. Are they this predictable?' He thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The fight continues inside Phantom Lord's guild house. Naruto watched amusedly at the blabbering of the Fairy tail members. He heard Makarov .
"Erza, I'm putting you in charge. Jose is probably at the top floor, I'm going to tear him a new one."
"Take care." Erza answered as Makarov run towards the top floor of the guild.
'That's my signal I guess. Let's see if this Fairy mages are really that good.' He thought.
Suddenly, a figure dropped down next to two Fairy tail mages. One was sent flying by a strong palm trust on the face while the other was sent flying to the other side by a strong round house kick on the chest.
"Nav, Warren!" One of the Fairy tale mages shouted. But before those mage could react, they were also sent flying by strong kicks and punches. The other mages stopped fighting when they saw several Fairy tail mages were sent flying. Erza had a good look at the new comer.
"MAN!" Elfman shouted as he transformed his arm to a beast and attacked Naruto.
"No! Elfman don't!" Erza shouted but she was too late. Elfman punched Naruto and the strength of the punch destroyed the floor were Naruto was standing.
"Yeah, Elfman. That would show him." One of the Fairy mage shouted together with some cheers. But their cheering stopped when they saw Elfman's expression. They understood his expression when the dusts were cleared. Elfman's punched didn't hit Naruto. Naruto was just standing there and was stopping Elfman's fist with one hand. He then grabbed what he could on Elfman's bestial fist. Elfman tried to pull his hand back but he couldn't.
"Not bad." Naruto commented.
"Man must live strong." Elfman replied.
"But not good enough." Naruto said as he pulled Elfman's fist towards him pulling Elfman's body with it and then he delivered a strong punch on Elfman's gut. Elfman doubled over from the punch but Naruto never let go of his fist.
'Elfman! Let him go." Erza shouted as she charged towards Naruto. Naruto saw her coming from the front and jump while still gripping Elfman's fist and then used the back of Elfman's head to propel himself fast towards Erza. Elfman shouted in pain as his shoulder was momentarily dislocated from Naruto's actions. Naruto was propelled at high speed towards Erza. Erza was startled at how fast Naruto was coming at her and wasn't able to prepare herself as Naruto punched her armor with full force together with the momentum from propelling himself. The joints of Erza's Heart Kreuz started to give way as Naruto hit it but Erza wasn't sent flying. She had much pride than to let herself be sent flying by a punch, she just went skidding for a few feet away from Naruto. Her armor though, wasn't as fortunate as it fall to the ground into several pieces. Erza panted, a little tired from standing her ground on Naruto's punch.
Silence reigned for a few seconds, everyone shocked at Erza's armor being destroyed by a punch.
"Naruto Namikaze, they weren't exaggerating when they said that you are one hell of a fighter." Erza said.
"Naruto!" Natsu shouted looking at Naruto with gritted teeth and narrowed eyes. Naruto didn't pay him any attention, so he asked.
"Oi! Were you the one who destroyed our guild and attacked Levy, Jet and Droy?"
"And if I am?" Naruto answered monotonously.
"Bastard! I'll send you to hell." He shouted as he charged Naruto with flaming fists.
Naruto narrowly avoided Natsu's punch as he jumped up towards the ceiling rails. But as he landed on the rails, he was suddenly face to face with Natsu. Natsu delivered another punch but this time Naruto didn't dodge. Everyone from Fairy tail celebrated when Natsu's punch connected and Naruto jumps away from him. The mages of Phantom Lords were startled.
"Naruto-san got hit." They said.
Naruto and Natsu on the otherhand were startled at a different reason.
'I let him hit me to see how strong his punch is and to get out some of my guilt but his punch was weak.' Naruto thought as he jumped away from Natsu.
"That's all you have, Salamander? It doesn't even sting at all." He taunted.
"Don't worry that was just a friendly Hello from me. Next time you won't be able to block my attack." Natsu said.
Naruto just raised an eyebrow.
"Block your attack? I did not do anything. Is that the excuse you give for every poor punch you throw, Salamander?" Naruto asked.
Suddenly, the grounds shook. Fairy tail celebrated as they boast of how they won't lose as long as they have Makarov. Naruto just shook his head in dismay.
'All according to Master Jose's plan, they really are one predictable guild.' He thought.
While Naruto was deep in thought, Natsu was already at his side about to deliver another punch. Naruto saw it coming and didn't dodge again to see if Natsu's weak punch was just a fluke. As Natsu, fist connected to his cheeks one thought was in his mind.
'Weak, his punches are really weak.'
"Bastard, what did you do? How come I feel my fist was being blocked but I couldn't see it?" Natsu shouted at Naruto.
"Another excuse for your weakness? Fairy was girl even better of an opponent than you." Naruto said.
'Invisibly blocked? Could it be? No, impossible.' Naruto thought.
"Bastard!" Natsu was about to attack again but something fell from the top floor.
When they saw what or more specifically who fell from the top floor, the Fairy tail rushed to his aid.
"I can't use my magic…" Makarov said weakly.
Sensing they would probably lose easily because of low morale and strength, Erza issued a command of retreat.
Naruto felt someone beside him on the ceiling rails.
"You really did defeat Makarov." He said. 'Kami, everyone in the element 4 is weird and creepy.' Naruto thought.
"All part of Master Jose's plan. SORROWFUL." Aria said as he cried.
"So, did we capture Lucy Heartfilia?" He asked.
"We've confined her at the headquarters." Aria answered.
"WHAT! NARUTO!" Natsu shouted.
"We will continue this some other time, Salamander." Naruto said as he and Aria disappeared.
End Of Chapter 3
Sign up to rate and review this story