Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Does anyone notice, does anyone care?

Should I Be Shocked Now, By The Last Thing You Said?

by Justalostflutterby 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-01-18 - Updated: 2013-01-18 - 1707 words

1Ambiance
Chapter 3: Should I be Shocked Now, By The Last Thing You Said?
*]
[*Gerard:


I heard someone thumping around the room and that was what had woke me. Whoever it was was about to get a few harsh words from me...That was until I saw who it was.

Frank!

Frank was currently face-down on the floor, I raised an eyebrow high and dramatically at him and fell to my knees next to him instantly, pulling him up. I didn't understand why I was so surprised that he was in my room...I guessed that it was because I had been so used to staying by myself for so long in the mornings that I had forgotten what it was like to open my eyes and see someone. It was...Comforting. In a way. But also completely unrealistic.

“Frank? You alright?” He shook his head slowly and sat up, backing away from me. Was he scared? Was I scary to look at? Ugly was the right word to use.

“N-Nightmare and I guess that I started to sleep walk.” He stammered; clearly embarrassed by the truth. I frowned a little and gazed into his beautiful eyes,

“What was it about, the nightmare?” I helped him sit back up onto the bed and I made him a cup of coffee (it wasn't as good as the stuff from the actual place, but it was good enough to make you feel alive, and not dead like I normally did.) I handed it to him and he smiled weakly before taking deep breaths. I could see the droplets of sweat that were rolling down his face from the traumatic dream. I grabbed a stool and sat in front of him, at least he was starting to get more comfortable around me...

“It was...I was being chased...Around campus, by God only knows what. It's not exactly what I see, it's what I feel deep inside of me, you know?” I did know. I suffered from having nightmares since as long as I can remember. But recently I had learnt to keep them under control by music.

“You're safe here, nothing is going to hurt you.” I told him, determined to make him see that he was safe in my company. And that he shouldn't be afraid to be himself. I didn't want Frank to be a liar around me. He could be whoever he wanted to be, as long as he was himself that didn't matter. Even if Frank was a complete dick, I would prefer that then him putting on a fake smile.

“Will you protect me from the monsters then?” Frank asked, a small smile creeping on his face.

“I can do my best.” I smiled back at him warmly and the silence was broken out of the blue by my phone ringing, we both jumped out of our skin and I sighed before answering it.

“Who is it?” I groaned, not bothering to see the caller ID.

“Who else would call you?” Mikey!

“How's it going, Mikes?” I asked, smiling instantly while I stood and threw my empty cup in the bin. Frank sat back up onto the bed and rested his hands on the back of his head and he closed his eyes again.

“Did you want to go to the party tonight?” Mikey asked sceptically.

“P-Party?” I swallowed hard, glanced at Frank and closed my eyes. Mikey knew how I felt about public areas...And alcohol.

“You can bring the new kid too if you want,” - meaning Frank. “-come on! It'll be fun!” Mikey tried to convinced me, I sighed, watching Frank when I answered.

“What time do you want us over?”

“Nine,” Mikey answered, I muttered a 'yeah' before I hung up.

“I guess that we're going to a party tonight,” I said to Frank. He laughed a little and smiled back at me, staying silent. I grabbed a pair of my normal black skinny-jeans and a black long sleeved shirt which had a hood attached and at the end of the sleeves there were holes for your fingers. I changed into it and brushed my teeth, making sure that my hair looked half decent in the mirror before Frank knocked on the bathroom door.

“Is it my turn yet Mr. Vain?” I rolled my eyes and opened the door,

“I'm not vain! I just want to see that my hair looked okay!” I said innocently, I flicked my hair for effect and he laughed in response.

“Diva...” Frank muttered as he shoved past me and I was pushed out of the bathroom by him. I chuckled under my breath and shoved on my shoes.

Time to get coffee.

When Frank was finished in the bathroom we decided to go out and get coffee, now this was when the crazy stuff happened. We got called shit like 'emo' and 'faggots' but that was normal, what we weren't expecting was Mikey and Ray to be sat at a coffee table at the back of the room. I raised an eyebrow at them both and Mikey gestured for us to go over, we ordered out drinks, paid and then made our way over.

Mikey held out his hand to Frank, “I'm Mikey, Gerard's brother-” Frank shook his hand hesitantly back, obviously nervous just like he was with me. “-and this is Ray. My newest room-mate.”

“I'm Frank, nice to meet you both.” He shook both their hands and smiled at each other. Frank and I sat opposite each other, so I was next to Mikey and Frank was next to Ray. I sipped my morning coffee slowly, relishing in the taste of the sweet, delicious drink that somehow kept me up all day...Ah that was right. Caffeine. It was the second most amazingly made drink in the world to alcohol.

“So Frank, how did you end up here?” Mikey asked, once the silence that I had no idea happened – fell.

Frank adjusted in his seat a little and I could tell that he was playing with his fingers under the table, I just wanted to take them and tell them that everything would be okay but that would be...Strange. And I really did not think that Mikey would approve.

“Well er...My Dad kicked me out and I went to live with my Mom for a while. When that didn't work out she sent me away.”

“Why'd he kick you out?” Ray asked, intrigued to know more about the mysterious new guy.

“I got involved with the wrong crowd at school.” I swallowed hard and ran a hand through my hair, Mikey glanced at me before he turned to Frank.

“That sounds a lot like Gerard and I...” He mumbled, Frank frowned a little.

“School sucks no matter where you go, believe me.” I replied, “this place is no better. It all depends on who is your friends and your enemies. We have to stick together,” I smiled at them all, even Ray who I didn't even know that well. We seemed like a group now, a group that would never be broken, no matter what or whom got in the way. Frank cracked a small smile as he sipped his coffee.

“So what is this party that you guys are talking about?” Frank asked them both, growing more comfortable with them with every passing second.

“It's a new party for the newcomers, it's a way of getting everyone involved.” Mikey replied, we had both gone every year as brothers with our own room-mates. That hadn't gone very well...It went the complete opposite. They hated us both. They had beat the shit out of us whenever we got on their nerves; they got kicked out of the school because they got found out for illegal drug use. Me? Prescribed drugs...I'm not doing any of that illegal stuff. Not here and not now. Mikey was...There was something always a little off about him and that concerned me deeply. I guessed that I would have to talk to Ray about it when they got to know each other better. He would be able to find out what Mikey did in his spare time.

“What do you guys do there?” Ray asked, finishing his drink and pushing it away into the centre of the table.

“Just have casual alcoholic beverages, chill, mix with everyone. Find out who you really are.” I replied, staring at Frank the whole time who was staring right back at me with lost eyes. I blinked a few times before turning to Ray, “it's great fun though. It should be tonight too. I'm sure that we'll get up to some ridiculous crap.”

We all laughed and grinned at each other, out discussion soon turned to music and we talked about our likes our dislikes. It was as if we were a big family who had all got lost in the mail somewhere and now we had been reunited as one. Soon enough it was time to go home and get ready to go back out again, it was five by the time Frank and I had got back to the dorm.

“That was fun, right?” I asked Frank as he kicked off his shoes.

“Yeah, definitely.” He replied, I ran a hand through my hair, messed it up and checked my watch. About four hours. I still had time to sleep right?

“I'm gonna sleep for a little while, is that okay?” I asked him as I pulled the covers off and snuggled into the pillows. Frank sat down on his bunk, switched off the lights, he set an alarm for eight and smiled warmly at me.

“I'll still be here when you get up...” He replied calmly. Somehow; it felt like that had a secret meaning behind it and only me and him knew it. Deep down we both knew that there was something there. Some sort of...Spark. I didn't even know how to explain it and soon enough, being in the same room as him took effect and I fell asleep almost instantly.

“Goodnight Fwankie...” Was all I could remember as I mumbled myself to sleep.

Should I be shocked, by the last thing Frank said?
Sign up to rate and review this story