Categories > Original > Mystery > The Other Side Of Broken Glass

Keeping Calm Even If Your Scared

by Emohlie_Chance 0 reviews

Chapter 1

Category: Mystery - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Published: 2013-01-23 - Updated: 2013-01-24 - 1170 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER ONE

Light shone through my blinds, they were closed, but some sneaky rays of light snuck through.
It hit my cold pale skin and warmed me momentarily.
My eyes fluttered open and searched my room. It was dark, but clean, my clock ticked rhythmically, the number it displayed begged me to stay In bed but I knew I has to get up and go to school, my new school.
After he died we had to move, the press were so insistent, they took everything I said and turned it into a horrible heartless comment, in turn making me look like the bad guy, all of my so called friends turned against me and everybody else gossiped and whispered nasty things about me, I had to move, I had to get away, so we moved, and today was my fist day at Toronto High, nobody knew me, I had a fresh start .
I moved the covers off of myself and slowly moved myself off of the bed. My foot touched the ground and melted into the white shag carpet.
My other foot slid out and I wrapped my arms around my waist and bent over taking deep breaths. I stood and let myself wobble a little before stabilising.
My long hair now sat at my lower back, my parents had taken me to the hair dressers yesterday and had them dye it In an attempt to get me excited about my new start with a new hair colour, it was now a deep mahogany, it was also knotty, I attempted to pull my fingers through it to no avail. I stood In the middle of my room with my white Eminem groupie t-shirt and black underwear on, I hastened towards the curtains and flung them open letting the light wash over my pale body. I basked in the light for a moment before I opened the windows as well. I let multiple rays of sunlight warm my frozen skin, I let my eyes graze over the everlasting layer of snow before i closed my eyes and took a deep breath. It wasn't warm, it wasn't cold, it was crisp.
"I don't want to go to school today, it's to nice" I said to myself watching a bird in the near by tree feed its hungry hatchlings.
"I want you to go to school today" said the voice in the back of my head, it was a low voice, male, it sounded like him, smooth, velvety, and loving.
"you need to go to school today Emohlie, you have to go" he said.
I slouched a little, but I knew he was right.
I backed away from the window not taking my eyes from the view of my snow covered front lawn.
I turned around, my feet swivelling in the white carpet, I turned to my make up table. It was taller then me and had a huge mirror in the middle, there were white and blue fairy lights rimming the outside and the whole table was covered in cosmetics.
My parents had bought it all in hope to peak my interest of getting out of bed. Again to no avail. I picked up my hair brush and forced it through my tangled hair. It ripped at my tender scalp but I didn't care.
I left my hair out, it twisted into its soft large curls, I looked at the make up table. Shit, there was a lot of it.
I didn't want to bother wasting my time with make up, but I decided upon a small amount of mascara.
I padded softly across to my walk in closet, i opened the door and walked in, there was a ridiculous amount of unworn clothing, a lot of it still had the tags on it, in yet another attempt.
I stepped out of my underwear and slipped off my shirt, I stood naked in the closet for a moment before slipping on some underwear and a bra. I decided upon a pair of jeans, a white tank top with a white long sleeved shirt over top to keep me warm, I tugged the shirt on before un tucking my hair from my shirt, I then found my old converses and chucked them on. I sprayed myself with a deodorant grabbed my school satchel and began to make my way down stairs. I took one step at a time trying to make sure no squeaking was made from them, not that that was possible, the house we had moved into was built to my fathers designs, he designed the house as part of a project to his firm, he was basically his own client, which meant the firm paid him to work and he designed a house he would live in.
I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and re checked my hair before walking to the kitchen.
"Emohlie?" my mother called.
I stopped in my tracks, I really didn't want to talk to her.
I skipped out of the kitchen as quickly as I could, I walked silently down the hall to the door.
"Emohlie, talk to her" he said.
-nope- i thought grabbing my keys and my coat before I slipped out the door.
I closed the door quickly and made my way to my car.
It was a beautiful car, a sleek black thing, I used to have a Chevy, a gorgeous red bug, but after he died they made sure I had a top notch car with all the safety gear, in fact since he died they had become OBSESSED with my safety, just a pro caution.
I turned the key and the car started. No stalling nothing, it was brand new.
I backed out of my drive way and onto the road, it was icy, I turned on the heater and let it warm my frozen fingers.
My nails were painted silver and they were long and manicured.
When I was bed ridden my mother took a lot of care of my finger and toe nails, she would practice a new polish on me every day, today they were silver.
I popped a piece of gum in my mouth and turned on the radio, it blasted music aimlessly at me as I concentrated on my driving.
The sky had darkened and threatened to rain. I drove across the old bridge and my eye caught a glimpse of something on the railing of the bridge. Then it jumped.
I hit the breaks and the car slid over the ice to a stop, i jumped from the front seat and ran towards the railing where I had seen the figure. I looked over the edge but the water below showed no sign of being disturbed. I walked along half of the bridge looking for a body, nothing was there. The water was smooth and flat. I took a deep breath and counted to ten before walking back to my car. It had been my imagination, I had seen nothing.
Sign up to rate and review this story