Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deck

Queen of Clubs

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

There was no such thing as normal in my life, but she makes me feel better about it.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-02-19 - Updated: 2013-02-19 - 975 words

0Unrated
I stared across the table at Ace, my best friend, my only love. She was so strong willed and beautiful, it wasn't fair.

She looked at me and smiled, making my heart race. Jack squeaked at the end of the table as Heart put her arm around the small girl and whispered something in her ear.

Jack was bright red by the time she pulled away. "I don't see what that has to do with anything." she said with huge eyes.

She was so like Ace. Like Jess did when she was that age. And now she's leaving us in three months. And then I'm leader of the deck here at school.

I was looking at her graduation day like it was the worst day ever. Like it was going to be the end of the world.

It was going to be the end of my world, at least. After she graduates, we only have the short summer together and then she's moving to her on-campus dorm and I'll hardly see her then.

I was happy for her, of course, but I didn't want to lose her. She'd gotten a full ride scholarship for her amazing photography and was going on to major in it.

Of course, the school she's going to is in the next city over and was about an hour drive away. Tears stung my eyes as I thought about it.

I brushed it off as a sneeze and went to the librarian's desk to get a tissue. "Sybell, what's wrong?" she asked as I plucked a tissue out of the box. I wiped my eyes and blew my nose.

"Nothing Ms. Erin." It was sad when the librarian was on a first name basis with you. "Just allergies."

"True. This spring is going to brutal. You should get some allergy medicine before it hits." she said as I pumped some hand-sanitizer into my palms and rubbed it in.

"Probably would be a good idea." I shrugged and headed back to my seat.

"You okay?" Ace asked as I sat down. I nodded and looked down at my nails, running the sharp edges over the calloused skin of my thumb.

I felt nervous all of the sudden. Ace had no idea about my feelings for her. None at all. I don't even think she knew I liked girls.

So I had to sit back and watch her get hurt over and over again silently as her best friend. She came to me for all her advice. I was her safe place.

I didn't know if that was a friend zoner or if that meant more. And I probably never will if I don't get the balls to tell her soon.

It's been years that I've felt like this. Since my freshman year when she found me having a panic attack behind a stairwell and helped me calm down enough to breath.

"Sy!" she said sharply, breaking my thoughts. I jumped and looked up.

"Huh?" I asked, looking her in her worried green eyes.

"The bell just rang. Come on or we'll be late to choir." she said, pulling me to my feet by my hand. I grabbed my bag. "Jack, we meet up here every day." she told the little underclassmen as we ran out of the library.

She pulled me by my hand all the way to the large new choir room down stairs. "Hey, have you seen the guys at all today?" she asked as we took the stairs two at a time.

"I heard Gee and Mikey had the flu last weekend and didn't know, so now Frankie has it too. They'll probably be out all this week." I said surely.

The Jack of Clubs and the King of Hearts (Mikey and Gerard) had been looking pretty bad last Friday at lunch, and then the Jack of Hearts (Frankie) went over there to check on them Saturday.

He told me they had the flu. And, considering he wasn't here today, I'm guessing he got it too. Ace nodded as we ran down the hall and into the door just before the bell rang loudly in our ears.

We grabbed our sheet music and headed back to the very back row of the sopranos. "They probably won't get this song by the time the concert rolls around. I wonder if Mr. Bleue will even let them go to it." she said quietly as we waited for our rehearsal to start.

"It's not that hard." I said in defense. It was an easier piece of Vivaldi. Just because it was in Latin didn't make it hard.

"Said the girl who could get a full ride choral scholarship if she wanted." Ace scoffed at me. My face went red.

"I'm not that great a singer, Ace. I'm just okay at it. Same with everything else I do." her short black hair flicked through the air as she looked at me.

"You're the best singer in this class. And that's saying a lot." she said sternly. "Don't sell yourself short, Sy. You're more than you know. And not just to me." she put her hand over mine.

I opened my mouth, but Mr. Bleue tapped his pencil loudly on the podium, making the class fall silent. I looked at Ace as she focused on our director, her green eyes as intensely passionate as always.

I have to tell her. I'm going to tell her after we stop singing.

If I don't, I just might die.












Another chapter. It's going to cut back and forth between all the deck characters so you kind of get to know them all better.

And I gotta go do shit that I'd really rather not ~sigh~ FMMFL

So R+R and all that. I haven't heard anything from anyone on here in SOOOOOOOOOOO long!

Hugs and Candy,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story