Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Only a Doctor

Will Week Four Never End?

by chem_x 1 review

I AM NOT THIS TYPE OF DOCTOR

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-03-04 - 809 words

0Unrated
I stood in shock with the aftermath of Leonie’s actions tingling on my lips. My insides seemed to swallow me up, Shannon gazed at Leonie is shock too; she had fallen on top of Samantha and was cackling in laughter. She pulled the syringe sharply from her friend’s chest and laughed louder, “Sorry sweetheart but you can’t out me!” She turned and smiled at Shannon, waving the syringe back and forth. “Emergency in room 502.” She winked at him.
I could see his hands shaking by his sides; neither of us moved an inch as Leonie paced around Samantha. I breathed deeply; traces of red ran into her shirt as she lay still on the floor. “Shannon… is she…?” I didn’t dare say dead, I couldn’t, it was impossible… Can life end so abruptly and silently?
There was a bang on the door, it was loud and harsh. “Oh I wonder who that is….” Leonie blinked, tilting her head and looking over at me, “I think I might need a check-up doctor,” she grinned, biting into her lip. My insides leapt, how fucked up was I to be even remotely aroused? She sneered at me again, “Better call some help.” The banging on the door increased, I could see movement behind the frosted glass window on the door to the room.
She smiled, and plunged the already bloody syringe into her neck.
“NO!”
“No!” Shannon and I shouted as she fell to the floor, landing almost perpendicular to Samantha. We each ran to their sides, “Help!” Shannon shouted to the door, “Call the nurses immediately!”
The door slammed open, a single man looked in. He looked like he was a janitor or something. “Nurse, nurse!” he shouted, dropping a clipboard and mop. I shook Samantha, looking all around me for water or something, I AM NOT THIS TYPE OF DOCTOR, my mind screamed, sharply diverting my gaze from Leonie to Sammie to Shannon to Leonie. There was blood oozing everywhere. I could hear the bustle of feet entering the room, there was clinks and clanks of equipment being squeezed in. Samantha was thrown onto a stretcher and carried away down a corridor, women in scrubs, gathered like a swarm around Leonie with swabs and disinfectants. She had managed to pull the needle down along her throat before she collapsed. Her smile had been erased from her face. She looked like a sick little girl. Shannon was giving orders, rushing and pointing around the room, trying to bandage her throat before she had lost too much blood. I could feel my whole body sweat, “You better stay here tonight Jared…” Shannon said shaking his head from side to side as he looked at Leonie’s sliced throat. His hands were still shaking, fear. My mind was trying to come to terms with what happened, how on Earth had Leonie been able to overpower us? What was that kiss… That kiss… I was suddenly obsessed with it, what did it mean? Was it part of her personalities plan? Would she know anything about it tomorrow? Would there even be a tomorrow for her?
I fell back onto the floor and grabbed my head; my thoughts were pushing me to get myself back together. For God’s sake I’m the therapist. I should have had this under control. I thought of that little girl who cried for me, I did nothing to help Samantha… I was that girl, I just watched. I was kissed by a woman with a serious mental illness… and then I watched her stabbing someone with a syringe… What’s wrong with me…? I am so fucked up. I, Jared Leto, am fucked up… I’m so fucked up… All I could think about was that kiss. I couldn't even think about how she had just stabbed herself. Dear lord! I mean she could have been dead for all I know! And there I was, obsessing, almost fantasizing about a kiss from a mentally ill person. I should just give up this profession NOW.
I covered my eyes, feeling them water up, and sunk into the floor, blocking the noises around me. I couldn't watch Leonie die. I felt sick. I was sick, my mind spun, make it stop... Moments, hours, passed and the bustling died. Leonie was lifted back into the bed by the janitor with the clipboard.

"Jared?" A sweet voice whispered from across the room, "What happened me?" Leonie wheezed. I raised my head, meeting her eyes, I felt like throwing up... She peered over with tears welling up in her eyes, "Make it stop." She bawled.


Since I'm now in college and trying to increase the inspiration flow... Let's call that the start of a come back... I know I always say that... But I mean it this time...
Sign up to rate and review this story