Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Different Sort of Bond

A Different Sort of Bond Chapter 6

by Balder

An unusual mishap in Sixth Year Potions makes Harry and Daphne Greengrass spend a lot of time together.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry,Neville - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2013-03-09 - 2215 words

?Blocked
A Different Sort of Bond Chapter 6

DISCLAIMER: I don't own the Potterverse!
RATING: NC-17
WARNINGS: Nudity, bad language, innuendo, A. U.
SPOILERS: This is is a Sixth Year story so spoilers for the previous five years may be contained herein.

After the professor and the nurse leave the students discuss the choices. Daphne frowns "I don't see it as much of a choice. If I'm stuck to you until December I'd rather it be in a VIP room than the hospital wing. With your luck we'd probably get quarantined."

Tracey said, "I already intern here so I wouldn't be as bored but I'd love to have a private bedroom and I bet the VIP suites are really nice."

"I agree with Tracey," Neville said, "Privacy would be nice, and I'll go spare if I can't get to the greenhouses."

Harry nodded, "I guess we're all going to the VIP rooms." he said.

McGonagall called for Dobby and Winky and told them to bring the students things to their new room. "It's a three bedroom suite. This way Mr. Bode has an easier time when he comes to make his checkups. I trust you will act like responsible young men and women?"

Daphne nodded, "Of course!"

"I wouldn't think of acting otherwise." Harry said honestly

Tracey and Neville just nod.

The Deputy opens the door, "Then follow me." She starts heading for the VIP suites on the third floor.

Neville stood first, offering his hand to help Tracey up.

Harry stood second, and automatically moved to offer Daphne help up, but embarrassingly, he did it with their connected hand, which made him blush.

"You've already loaned me a hand Potter," Daphne said. "Let's just follow the Deputy."

Harry chuckled nervously, "Of course." he said, He was still getting used to being attached.

As soon as they reach the third floor a Slytherin first year ran up and breathlessly informed McGonagall that there was a fight happening down on the ground floor in an empty classroom. "Well, I must go check this out so I'll just give you directions to your room. It's straight down that corridor to the first intersection then left all the way to the end. It has a normal door not a painting so you won't need a password." She hurried off behind the firstie.

Harry was curious about the random first year, but ignored him as they went to find their door, "So... I think Daphne and I should get the biggest bed." Harry said

Neville nodded, "That makes sense." he agreed

Daphne said, "Am I the only one who thinks that was suspicious?"

Tracy shook her head, red curls bouncing, "No, I think that was a diversion to get the teacher away. The older kids love to use firsties for that."

"Do you think someone would try something?" Neville asked, a bit worried.

"Somehow, that's not something I'd put past Draco." Harry agreed.

Daphne drew her wand, "Let's go see. If we know about the trap ahead of time maybe we can ambush the ambushers."

Harry nodded, and drew his own wand. Neville did as well, standing clearly next to Harry. Despite his nerves, he was a brave boy.

Tracy stayed behind them. Her wand was out but she knew she was no front line fighter. She'd try to heal anyone injured but otherwise was content to be protected.

As they neared the intersecting corridor three people appeared. Surprisingly though it wasn't Crabbe, Goyle, and Malfoy. Instead there were three fourth years. In the lead and apparently in charge was a short girl in green and silver, Daphne's little sister Astoria. Astoria was about as different from Daphne as she could be and retain any family resemblance. She was 5’ 3” with brown hair in an elaborate coiffure that looked a trifle silly on a fourteen year old girl. She also had on more makeup than Daphne ever used and quite a bit of jewelry. She had a big crush on Draco and furthermore believed all the blood purist propaganda.

Harry frowned, holding his wand in a defensive position, but not moving to use it yet. "Could we get by please?" he asked politely.

Daphne pointed a finger at her sister, "What are doing Tori? I know you want to get your hot little hands on Malfoy but really this is not the way."

Astoria looks indignant, "I've told Father that you have been cozying up to the boy who lived. He won't believe you now if you say you aren't." She folded her arms, "As for Malfoy, Parkinslut doesn't deserve him. Once he sees that I'm willing to chastise you for clinging to his enemy he'll see I'm better for him!"

The two behind her shift uneasily, "Uh, Tori?" The girl says, "You didn't say Potter would be here. Are you sure we can take him? There's another Gryff here too."

"As you can likely see Astoria." Harry said, lifting their joined hands, "Daphne didn't have much choice in the matter. “We were stuck together by the accident."

Neville nodded, "And this is unlikely to end up well for any of you."

Daphne snorts, "That's an understatement. Tori, even if you managed to pry Parkinslut's thighs from around Malfoy's head long enough to ask his permission for this little fiasco that doesn't mean he sees you as anything other than expendable. And as for Father, he's so neutral he might as well be Swiss. If he believed you he'd just be happy that he's got a daughter in each camp. He's certainly not going to complain even if I did take a run at the golden boy of Gryffindor. Harry's rich and his family name is old. Plus the way his life is going he'll either be dead or Chief Warlock by the time he's twenty." She pointed her wand at her sister, "Leave now sis and I am sure we can forget about this. Attack and well what do you three fourth years have that makes you think you can take me much less Harry Freaking Potter?'

"I'm no pushover either," Neville added.

"You should just go back to your dorms before anyone gets hurt," Tracey said.

"I really don't want to hurt anyone." Harry added

"Hah!" Astoria says. "You hear that? Draco was right! Potter doesn't have the stones to hex us and Longbottom is a squib wearing the body of a coward! You take them and I'll deal with sister dear."

"Your sister's insane isn't she?" Harry asked

"Basically," Daphne agreed. "She believes every word from Draco's mouth and plans on marrying him someday. Delusions that deep mean she's probably beyond help."

The boy pouted, "You said if I helped you jump your sister and Tracey you'd date me. You never said anything about three against four or fighting the freaking Chosen One!"

"Boy's got a good point." Harry agreed, "I've fought Death eaters, Fourth years aren't that much of a challenge."

"So have I." Neville added

Astoria stomped her foot, "Who are you more afraid of, Potter or telling Malfoy you ran with casting a spell or getting a scratch?" She turned to look them both in the eye, "Potter and Longbottom are too goody goody to do more than stun you." She would have continued but Daphne's stunner hit her in the back.

"Alright you lot!" Daphne shouted as her sister fell. "I want a moment alone with my dear sister. If you leave now you can say you tried but we were too strong for you and you barely escaped. He'll believe that." She held up her wand glared, "Remember that however nice the boys may be I'm not just going to stun you if you attack me so think carefully and just go home."

"Actually, I'm pretty fond of the Petrificus Totalus." Harry said, "And honestly, anyone messing with me knows who my almost brother's older brothers are."

"You're talking about Fred and George aren’t you?" Neville snickered.

The boy's nerve broke and he ran. The girl left a second later.

Tracey smiled, "I'm glad no one got hurt."

"You were always soft Trace," Daphne said.

"I'm rather glad no one got hurt myself." Harry agreed, "What are we going to do with your sister?"

Daphne frowned, "Well I want to discourage this sort of nonsense but I'd rather not injure a relative without a compelling reason. So I think I'll do what the twins did to Pucey last year."

"Twins pulled so many pranks last year I can't remember what that was." he admitted.

"Well they silenced him, vanished his clothes, then hit him with Petrificus, and stuck him to the ceiling under a variant of notice me not that seemed to only work on teachers." She smirked, "I don't know that one but I do know one that works only on males. Also I'll use before I vanish her clothes. No reason to give you a free show or Longbottom either. And do you know what the best thing is?"

"What's that?" he asked,

"We'll get away with it free and clear. Whatever alibi she cooked up will prevent any teacher from connecting it to us. She's somewhere else at the moment and none of us have any reason to do anything to her." Daphne smirked, "If asked I'll say I think it was Pansy's doing out of jealousy for the way Tori is stalking Draco."

Tracey giggled, "That'll be an easy one to believe. I'm surprised she hasn't done anything about her yet. She must be worried about you Daph."

"You're more powerful than you seem in class." Harry said.

Daphne nodded, "I always hold back a little in class. Confusion to my enemies and all that. Pansy knows better though. She found out the hard way once."

Tracey smiled, "Thanks for saving me that day and protecting me in general. You're a great friend.”

Daphne cast several spells and made sure the first is the one that will hide Astoria from the sight of males. Once Astoria is stuck silent and spread eagled on the ceiling she nodded once, "Okay, lets get to our room before McGonagall finds us."

Harry had looked away anyway, "I'm not sure if naked is the best choice." he said, but started to the room.

"It'll actually bother her more than being knocked out or stuck to the ceiling," Daphne explained. "Among all the other BS she believes is all that junk our parents fed us on how proper ladies should behave. She will be furious at first but if I tell her she was only visible to girls this time but not if she attacks me again it should keep her off my back."

Without any further problems they reached their room and went inside. Inside the door was a large room with four doors leading away. They saw two couches with a coffee table between them, two armchairs, and three desks with wooden chairs.

Daphne smiled at how one desk was doublesized and had two chairs instead of one. "Well I guess we know which desk is ours Harry." Looking at him she wondered if he felt alright. He was yawning and it was barely afternoon. Although that might be lack of lunch. He was a growing boy after all.

Dobby and Winky popped inside and bowed, "We woulds be happy to help you ma'ams and sirs in any way."

Winky adds, "The headmaster, he states we are to be assigned here to be helping youse."

Dobby was nodding his heads up and down frantically, "Yes! I gets to assist the Great Harry Potter Sir! I has already set up youses things in the master bedroom Great Master Harry Potter Sir!"

"Winky has added Miss Greengrass' things there too," Winky said. "I put Miss Davis' things in the room to your right and Mr. Longbottom's things in the room to your left. Did I do right sir and Ma'ams?"

Neville smiled, "You did just fine Winky. You are a great elf!"

She smiled, "Thank you sir. We'll be going now until you calls us." She grabbed hold of the still maniacally grinning Dobby and they both disappeared with a pop.

"Well let's go check the bedrooms and see where everything is," Harry said.

"Let's lock the door first," Daphne said.

"Oh, I did already," Harry said. "While the elves were talking."

Daphne smiled, "There's hope for you yet."

"I can't believe I'm this tired," Harry said yawning.

"Well Mr. Bode said that the precautionary dose of Phoenix tears we drank might end up correcting some old problems," Daphne said. "You, well I guess we, should sit. You probably just need food. If you start feeling really weird or a lot pain tell me and I'll call him on the crystal."

"Precautionary dose of Phoenix tears?" Tracey asked shocked.

Sitting on one couch Daphne gestured to the other, "I think its time to trade diagnoses but lets order lunch first." She called out, "Winky!" When Winky appeared she ordered lunch for four and asked for an iced bucket of butterbeers to go along with it. "It's not just you who is hungry Potter and since I ordered you can start telling them our diagnosis. I'll correct you if I feel you need it."
Sign up to rate and review this story