Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give 'Em Hell Kid

Don't Look Back

by MichiamoNicola 1 review

Just run away, don't look back...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2013-03-10 - 935 words

1Exciting


The next few chapters are going to be pretty short, but it's all part of the set up of the story so please bear with me and my erratic updates!

"Thanks again for letting me stay here, I really appreciate it," I thanked Frank again as he made up the couch for me to sleep on.

"It's fine Cara, I know that one day when my kids grow up and they run away from home, your dad would do the same thing for them," he responded with a smile.

"Yeah I guess he would."

Frank gave me a hug and left the room. I sat on the couch, not wanting to go to sleep yet. I heard Frank talking in the next room.

"Hey man. Yeah, she's over here. Yes, she's okay, a little worse for wear but okay. Alright, I'll let her know. Talk to you later man."

Frank popped his head around the corner. "Cara, I just talked to Gerard. He said he'll be over in the morning to pick you up."

"Okay, thanks Frank." I didn't want to go home. Home was such a horrible place right now.

I lay on the couch in the dark, wondering what I was supposed to do about this Alex situation. There was no doubt that he liked me, it was blatantly obvious. My life was now fucked because while Alex was around, Dean would be tense.

The thoughts swirled around my head until I couldn't take it any longer. I needed to get out of here before this mess could get any worse.

I found a notepad and pen by Frank's telephone and scribbled out three letters. One to Frank, one to Gerard and Lindsey and one to Dean.

All of my essentials were still in my bag so it was only amatter of getting out of the house. I didn't want to risk leaving Frank's house open to burglars so the window was out. All I could do was sneak out the door and pray no-one could hear me.

Judging by the snores coming from down the hall, Frank and Jamia weren't going to wake up any time soon. The dogs were sleeping outside so I was safe on that front as well.

I slowly turned the door handle until it clicked open and Iopened the door. Flicking the lock back on, I shut the door carefully behind me and began jogging down the road, needing to cover as much distance as possible before someone I knew spotted me.

A pair of headlights light up the path in front of me so Iquickly ducked behind a bush in someone's yard, peeking out to make sure they didn't stop. Thankfully it was a car I didn't recognise and it just drove straight past.

However I wasn't as lucky with the next car that came by. Well, that was my initial thought.

"Excuse me miss, are you supposed to be out at this time of night?" The police officer asked me.

"Um, I, ah," I stumbled over my words, not knowing what to say.

"It's my duty to escort you off the street, so I'll have to ask you to take a seat in the vehicle please."

I opened the door and sat in the police car, knowing that my plan had failed and I'd be sent straight back to hell.

"Now where were you headed?"

It was only now that I realised that this was my chance for an easy escape without anyone seeing me before I could leave.

"Just to the train station please," I said politely.

"Sure. Got anywhere particular in mind?" he asked, conversationally rather than critically.

"Just visiting my mom," I said, mostly because I didn't know where the fuck I was going and it would sound suspicious if I told him where my mom actually lives.

He drove in silence for about ten minutes until we pulled up at the train station.

"This is your stop, have fun and be safe. If I see you on the street again at this time of the night I'll have to fine you," he warned.

"It's okay officer, you won't see me again."

GPOV:

Knock knock. Knock knock knock knock knock.

I was nearly ready to punch whoever was knocking on my front door at 6AM on a Sunday. I opened the door to find a distressed Frank on my doorstop.

"Frank? What's going on man? I told you I'll be around later," I said. He wordlessly handed me a piece of paper with mine and Lindsey's names scrawled on it in Cara's handwriting. My heart began beating a million miles an hour, there was something bad about this situation.

I unfolded the letter and my heart sank.

I'm sorry about what I said last night. It was a horrible thing to say and I shouldn't have said it because it has never been your fault. I was angry and I needed an escape.

This is the reason why I've decided to leave Belleville. Ever since I came into your life I've done nothing but cause you and Lindsey trouble. I need to leave so you don't have to worry about me. You need to move on from everything that involved your past and look towards your future, that includes letting go of me. I wish you and Lindsey the best with your future child, Iknow you'll do a great job at being a father to them, I can only wish that you were able to be there for me like you will be for your new child.

I love you dad,

Cara.



Sign up to rate and review this story