Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Art of Song

Feeling Betrayed

by -lIzZy- 3 reviews

After learning that his friends have read his letter, Jay just might not totally forgive them after all.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-07-31 - Updated: 2006-07-31 - 1278 words

0Unrated
It was weird no one had ever seen Jay like this before. Not only was he going to sneak around the Gods backs, but also...well...that was a good enough reason to know there was something wrong.
"Odie, have you found out anything yet?" asked Jay impatiently.
"No not yet...wait! Clio...daughter of Zeus and Mnemosyne along with her sisters Caliope, Erato, Euterpe, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore. Thalia, and Urania. She was the Muse of...history?" he asked baffled.
He couldn't possibly think to...
"Jay? Jay, snap out of it Jay," said Theresa snapping her fingers in front of his face, "this is really becoming to much of a habit," she said smiling when he finally looked up at her. "Why did you need to know about Clio?" she asked.
"I was just...someone mentioned they had business with her, and I was just wondering along what variety it could be," he said lying blankly to her face.
"Jay," she said shaking her head, "you'd make a very poor poker player. What's really going on?" not that she didn't have an idea of what was happening, and wasn't surprised at all as he whispered,
"Cronus!"
"What does he want with Clio?" she asked, noting that the others had now quieted down to watch what was going on in the back seat. "I mean...she's a Muse after all, she couldn't possibly hold that much sway with the world?"
Jay looked from one intent face to the other and sighed showing his resignation, "Odie mentioned that this particular Muse had the responsibility of history," he said taking this moment to look at Theresa, "I was informed, that if the competitor one the Dorium in Messenia, they would have complete control over the Muses...and if Cronus singled out Clio among all the others...chances are there's something in history he wants to 'fix.'"
Odie looked at Jay horrified, "you mean like the Titanic War? He already tried that remember?"
"No Odie, with Clio under his control, he wouldn't have to go back in time." He looked around the group again before finishing, "all he'd have to do...is erase the outcome of the war, and put in what he wanted."

A good five minutes past before anyone dared to speak, as it turned out Archie didn't have another minute of waiting in his system before he said, "first he'd have to beat the Muses, and we all know he isn't the one with the gift." Jay shifted in his seat uncomfortably. "In fact as I'm sure we all know, the gift belongs to someone more reliable than old' Cronus. Isn't that right Jay?"
Knowing the others were waiting for his reply, he mentally shook himself for the battle he was about to fight. "Just because someone swore that the instruments were playing themselves, in no way points that I'm...this person we're looking for."
"Jay I can't believe you of all people are arguing this," said Atlanta.
"Atlanta, it's more complicated than that!" he shouted surprising everyone.
"Stop yelling at Atlanta!"
"Archie," she said, "I can fight my own battles!"
"End of discussion," said Jay.
"No Jay, it's high time you let the cat out of the bag," stated Archie.
"That's my business," he replied, knowing he was in a tight corner.
"Stop yelling at Archie!"
"Remind me about that bit of fighting your own battles?" he asked turning to Atlanta.
"You scratch my back, I scratch yours," she said defiantly, as if daring him to comment on her little show of emotions.
Jay on the other hand, used this as a way of twiddling of the conversation. Sitting back into his seat, he let out the breath he had been holding. He looked down at the floor, knowing it was only a matter of minutes before they started asking him questions again. It took him a while to register what he was looking at, but he only knew four people in the country who used Manila envelopes, and only one of them was his mother. Leaning over, he picked it up, noting that it had already been opened. Turning to Theresa, Odie, and Neil, he held up the letter for the three of them to see.
"You read my letter?" he asked hurt.
When no one bothered to comment he just nodded his head and turned to look out the window, not even realizing that he was pushing himself farther and farther away from all of them. Before taking the oath of silence, he asked, "Herry, how long do you figure it'll take to get there?"
"Well Jay, it's in Greece, and we're in Canada...so a while longer."
Sighing he laid back and closed his eyes.

Almost four days passed before Jay spoke up to anyone, and when he did, it was only to ask for a pit stop. The mood of the trip had taken a rather solemn turn, and no one try as they might, Jay wasn't relenting in his decision to ignore the lot of them. When they finally docked at the shipyard, where they were to take a boat down to the Mediterranean, Jay excused himself in order to place a call.
"ÃåéÜ óïõ ìçôÝñá," he said, "ÈÝëçóá íá îÝñù ôï é ðïõ èá ìðïñïýóáôå íá åðéëÝîåôå ìå êáé ìåñéêïýò ößëïõò åðÜíù óôçí áðïâÜèñá, óå ôñåéò çìÝñåò? ¸÷ù Ýíá óõíáßóèçìá ðïõ èá ôïõò óõìðáèÞóåôå. ¸÷ù Ýíá óõíáßóèçìá ðïõ èá ôïõò óõìðáèÞóåôå. Áíôßï!"
Placing the phone down, he walked over to where his friends were waiting. "My mother will pick us up once we reach the islands, and then take us back to their little cottage in Thessaloniki."
"Jay!" started Theresa, but was silenced when he waved his hand.
"Whatever, what's done is done. We have more pressing business to deal with at the moment."
They all nodded and proceeded to board the ship in silence. Theresa, who'd felt as though she'd just been slapped across the face, was surprised when he came down, took her hand and helped her up the steps. "Jay I just wanted to apologize. I know you're mad at us, but please. We miss you...I miss you!"
He took her aside and away from curious eyes. "Theresa..." he knew he couldn't stay mad at her, especially when she batted those eyes of hers at him. Without knowing what he was doing, he leaned down and kissed her. When he dared pull away and look at her. He was greeted with hazy eyes and flushed cheeks. "I could never stay mad at you guys," he whispered. "I just hope you'll come to me before going through my stuff for information next time." Her nod was all the invitation he needed to go in for seconds.
When they did finally manage to break apart and find their rooms, they were greeted by quite a few whistles and 'awes' awaiting them at the doors to their rooms.
"I hope that by your coming back with such a big smile, means you've forgiven us?" asked Archie.
"Well if the goofy smile's anything to judge by, I'd say he's forgiven Theresa," said Neil.
"Well," said Jay looking at them serious all of a sudden, "we've got a lot of stuff to got through in the morning, so I think it's about time to hit the hey."
Amidst all the complaints, he knew they were secretly happy that he'd finally broke and forgiven them, turning back Atlanta smiled and said, "by the way Jay, that shade of lipstick does absolutely nothing for your complexion." As the laughing continued down the hall, he sighed, everything was definitely back to normal.

_________________________________________________________________

The funky letters is just him speaking Greek. The next chapter should be up in a matter of hours, so some feedback before it comes would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping for at least one review before i put it out there.
Sign up to rate and review this story