Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Art of Song

A Proposition

by -lIzZy- 0 reviews

Jay is taken aside by Cronus, and threatened into a proposition he might not be able to turn down.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-07-29 - Updated: 2006-07-29 - 995 words

0Unrated
"I guess I shouldn't stay that mad at them," Jay whispered to himself, "it's not like I've been terribly honest with them myself." Turning around, he saw the familiar headlights of the truck, and six heads bobbing up and down, as it ran over the gravel trail through the shortcut Herry had made earlier that year, when he first realized that even though Hephaestus had put upgrades on, he still had to change the brakes once in a while. He waved them over, trying to show them he wasn't mad anymore, when the truck pulled to a halt. One by one they slowly piled out of the truck to look at Jay head on.
"We're sorry," stated Atlanta.
"We won't do it again," said Archie.
"Promise," followed Herry.
"Never again!" continued Odie.
"You had your teeth done?" asked Neil staring at him.
"...Uh...kay, don't worry guys, it wasn't all that bad. You're forgiven."
"You didn't even ask about Theresa," pointed out Odie.
"Well, some how I doubt she'd ever go into my room without asking," he explained slightly blushing.
"Sure...or is it that you're biased with your girlfriend," said Odie over a fit of coughs.
Before Jay could come up with a decent comeback, another set of headlights came streaming along the pathway, and they were in a hurry. Pulling to a stop, the driver bolted out, and as much as they were pleased to see Jonathan coming running up, there was one person equally annoyed.
"What do you want Jonathan?" asked Jay somberly.
"Well, I just had an interesting conversation with my drummer, and...I just wanted to ask you if you saw him you know...I don't want another mishap with the band like what happened...anyways, he keeps going on and on about instruments playing themselves and what not...so be truthful with me...was he drinking anything tonight?" he asked hesitantly. "I want to believe him, but...do you think he's just pissed drunk?"
"No way?" said Archie. "That means that...when did these instruments start playing themselves?"
"While Jay was doing his number...great job by the way!"
Atlanta, Archie, Herry, Neil, Odie, and Theresa slowly spun around to look at Jay. He knew what was coming...they thought it was him! "Chanced are someone slipped something into his Shirley Temple...they have that reputation you know?" he said not quite meeting his eyes. What if he did have it, this being a purely hypothetical question and all...nah!
"What's with the pensive look there Jay," asked Jonathan with a smirk, "it looks as though you're doubting yourself? Spit it out...come on!"
"He'd have to be completely hammered to come up with a story like that," he said all to quickly, "make sure he gets a lot of rest tonight," and before any one could reply to this curious reply, he turned on his heel, and quickly marched off in hurry with the heat of more than a dozen eyes searing his back.
"Where's he off to?" asked Jonathan confused.

*

Meanwhile below the Earth's surface...

"This is too perfect Agnon! I've finally got Jay right where I want him." Quicker than the overweight giant could blink his beady eyes his master vanished into his portal. The whereabouts of his destination oblivious to the hardheaded servant.

*

This...this is perfect he thought to himself. He was waling along the darkened path towards what he presumed was the way back home. Now they're going to tell Hera that I'm this...gifted guy. Of all the luck!
"Good evening Jay," said the voice, that voice, the voice that could only belong to
"Cronus! What do you want?" spat Jay.
"Certainly not you, if that's what you think," he said snidely. "More like, something you posses."
"What?"
"Jay do you take me for an imbecile?" he asked.
"Well if the shoe fits," he muttered.
"Hardly, now Jay, I'm willing to negotiate a price for this trinket I want from you. You see, as you may have noticed...the Gods have been acting a little strange as of late..."
"Yeah I know. The Dorium in Messenia...that giant competition...."
"Yes yes, well what you probably don't know," he said interrupting, "is that if this competition was to come to pass...and the competitor won, well you see the Muses would be his to command, and..."
"Forget it! I'd never help you out...
"My dear boy, I hate to see your parents suffer on some miscommunication between us," he said threateningly.
"What!"
"That's right Jay, I have business with the Muse Clio and..."
"Jay duck!" shouted the voice of Herry. Following his lead, an enormous log came sizzling over his head throwing the unsuspecting Cronus into a tree. "Quick," he yelled, "get into the truck."
Running as fast as his feet could carry him, he opened the truck door glanced quickly into the direction of Cronus he got in and buckled up. "Hang on," called Herry, "this is going to be a very bumpy ride." Shifting the gear of the car into Reverse, he quickly back out the trail and on the road, where he headed into the direction of the dorms. Jay glancing back out the rear view window, caught a glimpse of Cronus re-entering his portal, and knew that he'd be back. Knowing this, he looked at the intent faces of all his friends and sighed.
"Odie?" he asked.
"What's up Jay?" he asked.
"I need you to find any information on a person named Clio," he stated. "And Herry," he said calm and cool, "we're going to have to make a another stop. One that the Gods can't know about."
"Sure Jay," he said a little confused, " where to?"
"Well, we're going to visit my parents...in their holiday home in Greece!"

________________________________________________________________

I promise to make the next Chapter better, i have to go to a wedding in a few hours, so i hope this'll do for all those waiting!
Sign up to rate and review this story