Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Masochist

Crawling

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Changes start to surface at work for Hisoka.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Hisoka,Tatsumi,Tsuzuki - Published: 2013-04-17 - 374 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Eight: Crawling:

Tsuzuki thought about this as he looked at all of the dried blood on the walls and floors.

"So, it's her blood on everything?" he asked himself. Tsuzuki turned to Tatsumi. "You don't think…" His former partner patted him on the shoulder.

"We don't know yet," he assured him. "It could be a number of things." Tsuzuki looked at him with desperation in his eyes. Tatsumi sighed.

"Let's look at the facts here," he said. "It could be a robbery gone wrong or an accident." The look in his former partner's eyes made the secretary doubt his words.

"Let's just keep looking around, okay?" he asked.

"Alright," Tsuzuki murmured.

Hisoka's green eyes looked rather glassy and the goofy smile on his face didn't help either. Everyone didn't know how to approach the boy.

"Hisoka," Tsuzuki spoke up. The younger shinigami looked up after five seconds.

"Wha?" he asked.

"Uh…" his partner began. "Are you feeling okay there?" Hisoka smiled.

"Fine!" he said aloud. "I'm fine!"

"Okay…" Tsuzuki said. His tone suggested that he did not believe a single word that Hisoka told him.

"No, really!" his partner insisted. "I'm fine!"

"Yeah," the older shinigami said. "Sure. Sure, you are." Ironically, Tsuzuki did most of the work. His partner's body sat at his desk, but his mind… Tsuzuki lowered his pen, sighing.

"Hisoka," he said. When the boy didn't reply, the older shinigami poked him in the arm with two fingers. Hisoka looked up when his partner put his hand to his forehead.

"Uh… what are you doing?" he asked. Tsuzuki raised an eyebrow at the smile on his face.

"Are you sick or something?" he asked. Hisoka pushed away his hand.

"I told you, I'm fine!" he insisted. "You're worrying about nothing with me!" The goofy, glued-on smile and dazed eyes told a different story.

"Right," Tsuzuki said, nodding. "Why don't you take a little break for a while?" His partner blinked.

"But what about the paperwork?" he asked.

"I'll cover for us both!" Tsuzuki said. "Just go."

"Okay…" he said. Hisoka rose to his feet and walked out of the office. Instinct screamed at Tsuzuki to keep a close watch over him. Meanwhile, Hisoka made a little call to home.
Sign up to rate and review this story