Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Don't Love You Like I Did Yesterday

Chapter 2

by mcrobsessed99 2 reviews

Music is my escape. It makes me happy and calms me down. All of my stress seems to disappear whenever I play and I lose myself in the song.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-04-18 - 779 words

5Exciting
At that one particular club, I may or may not have gotten a little drunk and made out with someone.
And we might have done a few other things.
Not to mention it was a guy.
A guy I didn't know.
And I was still dating Jess.
I remember what he looks like, but I haven't seen him since that day.
I'm not gonna say I enjoyed it, but I won't say I didn't enjoy it either.
The only person who knows about this is Ray, and he knows if he tells Jess he will be killed.
I, luckily, will probably never see that guy again.

------

"Hey babe," Jessica said to me as she climbed into my car. She was carrying her new painting and her brushes.
"Hi," I said smiling at her. "What's the painting?"
"Oh, here, see it?" She held it up, I studied it closely.
It was of me. It was only my face, but she got everything perfect -- the lip ring, the black hair covering my eye, and the smudged eyeliner.
"Wow, Jess, it's amazing!" I exclaimed, surprised she chose me as her model.
She smiled one of her giant smiles, and replied "You really think so?"
"Yeah. Absolutely." I assured her. "Should we go home now?"
"Yeah. I have to get ready."
We drove home and we hopped out of the car.
As we walked in, my mom greeted us with a hug.
"Hi guys! What's up?"
She's always been the favorite mom among my group of friends.
"We're just getting ready to go to a club tonight," Jess told her.
Mom gave me a sideways glance. She knows what happened last time.
"Well, I made brownies for you guys. Take some when you're ready. Have fun," she said, and with a look to me, "and be careful."
"Thanks Ms. Iero!" Jess said enthusiastically. "I'm gonna go up to the bathroom and get ready, okay?" She told me.
"Yeah, no problem."
She ran up the stairs and I went to the kitchen to grab a brownie.
When I sat down at the island my mom gave me a suspicious look.
"What?" I said with a mouth-full of brownie.
"Be careful. Please," She pleaded. "Don't get drunk."
"I won't," I promised her.
I walked up the stairs and to my room, gobbling down the brownie.
In my room I re-smudged my eyeliner and took a comb to my hair.
After that was over and done with, I grabbed my guitar and started to play.
Music is my escape. It makes me happy and calms me down.
All of my stress seems to disappear whenever I play and I lose myself in the song.
It is such a serene and wonderful feeling.
"Hey, I'm ready!"
There goes the serenity.
"Oh...I'm sorry...you were playing..."
Jess knows how much my playing means to me.
"Yeah. No big deal." I said.
She looked so pretty tonight. Her green hair was curled and softly tumbled down her back. Her blue eyes were outlined in black eyeliner and her lips were pink as bubblegum.
"You look great," I told her.
"Thanks babe!" She said with a smile, coming over and kissing me on the cheek.
I smiled back and took her hand.
"So, wanna go pick up Ray now?" I asked.
"Sure, let's go," she replied.
We made our way back down to the car and drove off toward Ray's house.
Ray lives on the other side of town, close to where the club is.
As we drove, the blue October sky clouded over into darkness, and out fell the rain.
"I love rain," said Jess in a sing-song voice.
I giggled and kept driving, but kept an eye on the rain.
It is beautiful.
We pulled up at Ray's house and out he came, using his arm to cover his massive fro.
He hopped in the backseat and exclaimed, "Guys, my hair is going to get frizzy!"
"You sound like a girl," Jess said with a laugh.
"Good. That means I understand the female mind."
"Oh, right. Definitely."
I rolled my eyes at their bantering. They were still bantering when we pulled up to the club.
"Okay guys, your stage time is over. Time to get going," I said with a laugh.
We got out of the car and walked in.
I surveyed the club, seeing a dance floor, bar, and DJ set-up, but looking to see who the new bartender was.
My eyes fell on a guy behind the bar.
His back was toward me, but the raven black hair told me right away who it was.

***********
Thoughts so far? Please R+R!

xoxo cass
Sign up to rate and review this story