Categories > Original > Horror > Penance

Chapter 7

by owlicesezhoot 0 reviews

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror,Romance - Published: 2013-04-22 - 615 words

0Unrated
Chapter 7.

By Friday the anticipation has built up so badly that I seriously consider calling the whole thing off, certain I will only end up embarrassing myself. I don't of course, and most of the day passes in a mess of lectures and excuses for unfinished coursework. The clouded sky miraculously relents its hold on the sun for the afternoon, so the four of us end up eating lunch sat on the field outside. The bell goes, but I have a free period next, so I stay where I am while the others head to classes. I initially try and catch up on some maths work, but the numbers swirl through my head like autumn leaves, making it a lost cause. Which coincidentally, however somewhat predictably leads to my sketch pad working its way into my lap. I'm engrossed in drawing the magpie that's hopping around a few feet away when someone plonks down beside me, scaring it off. Slightly irritated I pull out my headphones and turn to the intruder, eyebrows raised. 'Oops?' He grins, and I cant help but let him off the hook pretty quickly. 'Don't you have a lesson, Mr. Perridon?' I question. 'Well I did Miss Keats, but I spied a beautiful blue haired girl sat on the field alone, and got the impression she could use some company. So, I made my excuses..' He winks with the last bit as my cheeks burn. 'Save the excuses for when your failing classes..' I tease him with a smile. 'Eehh' he shrugs, 'I don't need biology when I'm famous' he lies back on the grass, laughter in his eyes. I'm not sure if he's joking of not, so ask 'are you serious about music then?'
'Thats the plan.. Are you gonna pursue art?' This is something I'd had many conversations about with my mum. 'I don't even know, if I'm honest.' He reaches out and pulls me back until I'm lying next to him, 'I'd love to continue it, but I'm just not sure if its a good idea. I mean, you have to be like, really good to make a living out of it-' He cuts me off. 'Hayley, you are plenty good enough, trust me.' Which of course makes me blush some more. 'I don't know. I'll probably just stick to doing it in my spare time.' I gaze up at the sky, twisting my fingers in the grass at my side. We're both silent for a while and then the bell goes for next period. Kyle gets up and stretches, before sticking out a hand and pulling me to my feet. 'Meet me at the front gate after school then?' He still sounds questioning, like he thinks I'm going to change my mind and cancel. 'Sure' I smile up at him, and then head to the maths block, smile still firmly in place.

As I walk out the main doors I feel my phone vibrate with a text. I pull it out and see its from Aaliyah, and reads 'good luck with captain sexy tonight! ;)' I roll my eyes but it sends the butterflies in my stomach reeling all the same. Kyle's waiting for me by his car, which is a very expensive looking black Mercedes. Damn. He must be well off... My nerves double at the thought of meeting his parents now, as they may well turn their noses up at me. The minute he sees me an enormous, breath taking smile breaks across his face, and those gorgeous eyes are alight. He opens the car door for me and I step inside. Here goes nothing...
Sign up to rate and review this story