Categories > Original > Horror >

Chapter 6

by owlicesezhoot 0 reviews

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-12-26 - Updated: 2013-04-20 - 1214 words

0Unrated
'OH. MY. GODDDD.' is the unanimous reply my friends give to my news. Actually it is my brains reply as well. Over and over again. I keep replaying the scene in my head, and wondering when I'm going to wake up. And yet, I can still feel the tingle of where his fingertips had brushed my cheek as he took the pencil.  My head is reeling from his smile, and those impossibly dark eyes... 
"he is cuuuute hay!" jake squeals. 
"now now mr, what about Patrick huh??" Lia scolds him, her eyes full of laughter. "oh relax! I meant for Hayley, and anyway something tells me he doesn't bat for my team.!" 
"yeah that's true. Definitely yummy though hay.." Percy winks at me. For what feels like the hundredth time today, heat rushes to my cheeks and I flash them a sheepish smile. " don't make a big deal of it guys, he only offered to give me guitar lessons.." 
"you know, that might be cute, if you actually believed it." jake scoffs at me with one eyebrow raised, deepening the scarlet in my cheeks. "I honestly don't know what this means, alright? Let's just wait and see.." and as if on cue, my phone vibrates, telling me I have a new text. The three of them look at me expectantly as I pull my phone out of my pocket, and I realise I'm holding my breath. My heart flips when I look at the screen and see its from him. I open the message. ' hi there, Hayley with the blue hair. so, what day is best for you for these music lessons then..?(: Kyle x' I can't stop a small smile forming on my lips, which causes Percy to snatch the phone from my hand so they can all read it. Jake ooh's, while Lia wriggles her eyebrows at me, so I kick her, but not hard enough to hurt. When I finally get my phone back I type my reply ' hi, well I guess, um, idk.. I'm free after school on Wednesday's and Friday's..?' and hit send. At first I put an 'x' at the end, the same way he had, but it felt weird and forward, so deleted it just to be safe. His reply came back within seconds, reading ' well I guess you'll be coming round to mine on Friday then. I'll make a great guitarist out of you yet, don't worry! ;) x' I don't know what to say to this, so I don't bother replying, but my heart is beating like crazy.

I spend the rest of the day thinking about that text, and everything it could have implied. I'm in such high spirits that even Ethan's usual remarks just bounce right off. When the final  bell goes, I head back to the art department for my after school catch up session. It doesn't occur to me until I'm at the door that Kyle cloud be here. I guess he does take art, but I certainly wasn't expecting to walk in and find him perched on the end on my usual table. When he sees me he grins, and I try to smile back, but I think it comes out as more of a twitch. "I had a feeling you might be here" he says, dark eyes twinkling. "well, I have stuff to finish." I wave my folder at him before dropping it down onto the table. "do you mind..?" 
"haha! Sorry, am I in your way?" he teases as he stands up and moves to the seat next to me. I head to the front to grab the charcoal, so I can finish the sketch I started earlier. I can feel his eyes on me, but I'm too embarrassed to look up so I pretend not to notice. " we're on for Friday then, I take it?" he asks casually, making a start on his own image. "um, well, yeah, I guess so, I mean, if it's still okay with you..?" 
"awesome!" he hits me with that dazzling smile and I forget what Im about to say, so I just smile back. 

By the time 5pm comes around, I've finished the first piece and moved on to a new sheet of paper. I don't even think about what I'm doing until its nearly finished, when I look down and realise I've been drawing Kyle. Crap. How do I play this off?! He's going to think I'm some obsessive weirdo now..  I try to hide the image, but he sees it and I hear his sharp intake of breath. "is that me.?' he asks quietly. "errmhh..." 
"Hayley. That is amazing. Like, seriously good. It looks better than I do I real life!" he laughs, sounding slightly awestruck. "this is just what you look like.. It's only a sketch, and I think your nose is wrong.. Sorry.." I'm blushing like crazy now. "are you kidding? You couldn't get it any better in a photograph! Can I have it?" I look straight into his eyes and swallow the lump in my throat. "I guess so.. If you really want it.." I shove the picture across the table to him and hastily stand up to leave. Just as  I start for the door he grabs my hand. I turn to find him standing now, and before I can react, he bends to kiss me on the cheek. "thank you." he whispers, before letting me go.
I practically run for the parking lot, my head spinning in a wild daze. Luckily mums already there so I jump straight into the car, breathing hard. "in a rush?" she asks, eyebrows raised. "no. It's just, you know, cold outside.." I mumble glancing back to the school entrance, just in time to see Kyle saunter out looking rather cheerful. Mum starts the engine and turns up the heater, for which I'm grateful. "how was your day?" she asks. "it was alright... Hey mum, can I go to a friends house on Friday?" 
"that should be fine.. What time will you be home? Are you staying for dinner or? And which of he three crazies is it this time?"
"uhhrm. None of them... And I'm not sure, I'll ask him..." 
"ooooh?! It's a him?? Tell me everything!" she sounds uncannily like like Jake, and I can't help but laugh. "oh shut up! He's just offered to give me guitar lessons, that's all!" I'm not sure how convincing I sound though. "if you say sooo... Well what's his name?" she doesn't sound convinced either. "Kyle. He's new, We're in art together." 
"is he cute..?" 
"MUM!" I say, exasperated. "okay, okay, it's not my business I know... But the look on your face answers my question!" shes laughs and I elbow her for it. "hey! Fine I'll drop it! Be sensible though alright,eh?" she gives me a sidelong wink as she chuckles. I don't even bother to grace that one with a reply. I just make a sort of guttural noise of disgust and look away, but the damage is done and I can't stop the blush from reaching my cheeks. This makes her laugh even harder, so I put Kerrang! On the radio to drown her out for the rest of the journey. 
Sign up to rate and review this story