Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Welcome to SPD

ch 4 bad dream problems

by redranger 0 reviews

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-27 - 2383 words

0Unrated
Tracy's POV

I wake up for the fifth time tonight drenched in cold sweat wondering why I keep having this terrible nightmare. I should tell someone about it but I just don't want to. I look over at my alarm clock it read 3:30am. I didn't want to fall back asleep so just lay in bed staring up at the ceiling for a while. A few minutes later I guess I finally calmed down and fell myself drift back to sleep again. The alarm clock goes off for the sixth time and I hit the snooze button, I fell back to sleep then ten minutes later the alarm goes off again. I turn off the alarm and slowly roll out of bed. "It can't be morning already" I say. I change into my uniform and look at the calendar hanging on the wall. "Man I hate Mondays" I think to myself.

I walk inside the common room to grab some grub. The door slowly slides open I step into the room and I see Z and Bridge standing next to the counter. I see a bowl of fruit and pitcher of orange juice sitting on the counter. "Good morning" Z says with a smile. "Hey" I say sounding very cranky. "Looks like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." Z says trying to be funny. "Yes I did thank you captain obvious." I say in my cranky voice. I go get a bowl of oatmeal. "Rangers report the command center." rang over the intercom. "Now what did we do." I whisper under my breath.

Normal POV

The rangers enter the command center. "Rangers reporting sir." Tracy says still wiping the sleep from her eyes. "Commander Birdie is coming." Cruger announces. "Again! He just visited us last month it's like he doesn't have any faith in us." she shouts. "Tracy that was out of line." Cruger growls. "Sorry Sir when is he coming anyway?" she says trying to make her apology sound sincere. "In two days." he answers. "Wow we have so much time to prepare." she says in a sarcastic tone. "All right Tracy that's enough." Cruger growls again. "Sorry" she says doing her best to sound sincere. "That will be all" He said as he dismissed the team.

The team saluts and turns around to leave the command center. As Tracy begins to walk out of the room she feels a sudden sharp pain in her stomach. She grabs it in and takes a few deep breaths to elevate the pain. "Tracy, are you OK?" Kat asks very concerned for her. "Yes Kat I'm fine it's nothing." Tracy says knowing full well that she is lying. Tracy looks over at Kat and she could tell that Kat didn't look convinced. Tracy gives her a reassuring smile.

Tracy's POV

I'm standing in my room thinking about before. "Man what's wrong with me I would never said anything like that before maybe it's just because I haven't been sleeping well yeah that's it." I think to myself. Pikachu is helping Kat in the lab. I'm starting to feel like I'm losing by best friend and the rest of the team is training with the other rangers. They're geting stronger and learning new moves on top of everything else. The sharp pain in my stomach returns but it hurt worse than before. A few seconds later things went black.

Normal POV

In Kat's lab commander Cruger is talking with Kat. Pikachu is asleep on the bed that she made for him next to the computer on the floor. "Kat can you believe the way Tracy was acting earlier" Cruger complains to his closes friend. "Actually Sir I can't she has been acting like that for the past few weeks." she says. "I have noticed that too. Any idea on why she acting like this?" he asks. "I think I do sir." she answers. "What is it Kat?" Cruger says as he asks her his next question. "Haven't you noticed that she been looking really tried lately?" she answers his question by asking him one of her own. "Yes I have Kat so you think she been lashing out just because she hasn't been sleeping well" he answers. "Looks that way Sir" she says with a smile. Pikachu wakes up from a deep sleep and dashs out the door. "I wonder what got into Pikachu all of a sudden" he says in a curious tone. Kat and Cruger exchange a look of pure worry on each other's face."Tracy!" they shot in unison.

Commander Cruger and Kat run up to Tracy's room. The door slowly slides open and they see her face down on the floor. Pikachu is trying to wake her up. Pikachu shakes his partner in an atempt to wake her up. "Pika, Pi" Pikachu says very worried. Kat walks over and bends down to help Pikachu. "Tracy can you hear me?" Kat asks as she shakes her greatly. Tracy slowly wakes up. She rolls onto her back looks to her left and sees Kat.

"Oh hey Kat yeah I'm OK" she answers kinda of dazed and confused. Kat offers Tracy her hand and she helps her back to her feet. "You sure that your OK?" she asks again, "Yeah I just lost it for a sec that all." she answers. Commander Cruger walks in and Tracy can tell that he knew that she is in more pain then she is letting on. "Cadet you need to go see Dr. Felix right now." he says deeply concerned about his fellow ranger. Tracy knows that there is no use in trying to plead her case.

"Yes Sir" she says knowing full well that what he said wasn't a suggestion it was a command. Tracy starts to walk out of the room as soon as she takes one step to pain starts to radiate from her stomach again. She falls to her knees. Kat bent down to meet her at eye level. "You sure that you well be able to make there on your own." she says in a panicky tone. "Yeah don't worry Kat." Tracy says confidently. She takes another deep breath and get back to her feet.

A few seconds later she feels herself falling backwards. Then everything went black again but she feels someone catch her before she hits the floor again. "We need to get her to the infirmary fast." Cruger says trying to be the calm one. Cruger bends down in front on Kat and tells her to put Tracy on his back. She gently places Tracy on his back and he gets back to his feet slowly. Pikachu jumps on Kat's shoulder and they start their walk to the infirmary.

Dr. Felix's POV

In the operation room I and my team are prepping Tracy for surgery. I walk over to her and notice she is starting to come around. "Hey doc, what's going on?" she says in a scared tone. "Just try to relax everything is going to OK" I say calmly. "Where am I?" she asks me still really scared. "You're in the OR we are going to make the pain in your stomach go away." I say calmly. "Works for me" she says with some sense of relief. "The anesthesiologist is going to give you the anesthetic now" I say with a smile. The anesthesiologist places the mask on Tracy's face. She takes a deep breath and the smell of strawberries is the last thing she remembers before she falls to sleep.

In the recovery room an hour later Kat,Commander Cruger, and I are standing at the foot of Tracy's bed. Pikachu jumps off of Kat's shoulder and crawls under her right arm. "What was wrong with her Doctor?" Cruger asks. "It was her appendix." I answer. "That is pretty serious isn't it?" Kat asks very concerned. "Yes we operated just in time. I wouldn't worry about her anymore. She'll be back on her feet in a few days." I explain. "That good to hear" Cruger says.

A few seconds later Tracy slowly opens her eyes and looks around the room. Pikachu moves out from under her arm and rubs her cheek. "All right buddy I'm glad to see you too." Tracy says with a smile. "How are you feeling?" I ask her even though I already knew the answer. "A little lightheaded but other than that I can't complain." she answers. "That is just the medicine we gave you." I explain. "Ah so how long am I stuck in here anyway?" she asks hoping that it isn't too long. "A few days." I answer. "OK and Sir I'm sorry for what I said earlier I didn't mean it." she says really fast. "Slow down Cadet it's all right. I know you didn't mean any of it and don't worry about your daily duties I'll have one of the other fill in for you. All you need to focus on in your recovery." Cruger says in a very understanding tone.

"There is something else that I wanted to tell you sir." She says through a yawn. "You can tell me after you get some rest cadet." Cruger says with a smile. "But Sir this is really important." She argues yawning again. "Tracy." He growls. "Yes Sir" she says yawning. A few seconds later Tracy slowly drifts back to sleep and Pikachu crawls back under her arm. We leave the room and continue our conversation as we walk down the hallway. "I can grantee when she wakes up in a few hours she will be right back in the command center again and want to get back to work." Kat says with a smile. "I thought that might happen so I'll have my assistant Sophia stay in her room to make sure that she'll stay put." I explain.

Tracy's POV

I walk into the command center. "Tracy thank goodness your still here" Kat says. "What wrong Kat?" I ask her. "I'm afraid that Cruger and the other rangers have been captured by a crafty criminal" she answers. "So I have to rescue them." I say in a worried tone. "I'm afraid so" she says trying to persuade me that I could do this. "No pressure or anything so where is Pikachu anyway I thought he was with you." I say and I see a look a pure sadness on Kat's face. "Tracy he isn't here. I'm sorry he went to go help the others battle the criminal." she says trying to keep her composure. "So he got captured too." I say trying not cry. "Yes I'm sorry" she says knowing how close the two of us are. "Oh that is it no one captures me best friend and gets away with it." I say full of anger.

I turn around and start to run out of the room to help my friends. "Be careful" she says concerned. I get to the abandoned warehouse. I climb three flight of stair and go into the only room on that floor. I walk in and see my team tied together and stuck behind a huge force field. Pikachu is strapped to a magnet and stuck behind a smaller force field. "Guy is everyone ok?" I ask my fellow rangers. "Yes we're fine." Cruger replies. A laser blast came in from behind me. "Tracy look out" the team warns. I turn around and see what they are warning me about. It is coming in to fast so I couldn't dodge it. The blast hits me square in the chest, I fly backwards and my back hits the force field. The criminal makes it dramatic entrance.

"Hello there ranger girl so you have come to rescue your friends." the criminal says evilly. "Yes now let then go right now" I command. "Sorry ranger not going to happen" the criminal says. The criminal took out a remote control and presses the button. The whole team cries out in pain. "Stop it you're hurting them" I say trying not to whine like a little baby. "Exactly ranger" the criminal says with an evil smirk. Then the criminal tosses a baseball size sphere and krybots come out. "Oh great" I say.

"Well ranger you in a bit a sticky situation aren't you "the criminal says. The criminal presses the button again. "Stop" I yell. I tried to get closer to the criminal but the krybots have me surrounded. "Just surrender and I'll release your friends" the criminal says slyly. "Never" I yell. "Suite yourself ranger" the criminal says with the same evil smirk. The criminal turns up the power on the controller and presses the button again. The screams of pain from my teammates ring in my head.

Dr. Felix's POV

"Tracy wake up" I say as I shake her. A few minutes later Tracy eyes quickly open, her heart is beating super-fast, and her face is drenched in cold sweat. "NO!" she screams. "Tracy can I ask you something?" I ask as I wipe the sweat off her face. "Go ahead" she answers. "How long have you been having this nightmare?" I ask. "A few weeks" she answers in a sad tone. "Why did you tell anyone?" I ask. "I thought it wasn't going to affect my ranger duties." she admits. I try to get her to talk about the nightmare but she refuses to talk about it. I figure that she would talk about it when she is ready.

Tracy's POV

The next day I'm sitting up in my bed and petting Pikachu. Then Dr. Felix walks in and stands at the foot of my bed. "Oh hey Doc what's up?" I ask him. "You are recovering faster than I originally thought" he answers. "Which means what exactly?" I ask him confused. "It means that you'll be released early" he answers. "Great! Can I go now" I say excitedly. I get out of bed and head towards the door but Dr. Felix uses his arm as a barricade to stop me. "Slow down there cadet there are a few more tests that I would like to run before you go anywhere. You will have to wait a few more hours OK." he says with a smile. I mouth darn.
Sign up to rate and review this story