Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Without You Is How I Dissappear

Chapter 1

by xxundermyskinxx 0 reviews

She wore a green over-sized hoodie, that was unzipped to reveal her cut-off Iron Maiden tee and her acid washed jeans were tucked into a ragged pair of combat boots. Her name was Barbara Weaver, an...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2013-04-30 - Updated: 2013-04-30 - 882 words

0Unrated
Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.
Gerard’s hand shot out from beneath the blanket, flailing around before pounding the snooze button on the alarm clock. He groaned loudly, immediately making his mind up that he would have a shitty day. 68 more days. He had a running count down until graduation. Until he escaped his hell-hole of a high school. Good old Belleville High, a place where the pretties and the populars walked the halls like royalty. Anyone below this social status was immediately condemned to be tortured for the entirety of their sad high school lives.
“Gerard!” A nasally male voice called from the top of the stairs that led to his basement bedroom. "Come on, man. You’re gonna make us late for school.”
Gerard laid perfectly still, offering no response.
“Wake up, Gee.” His brother’s voice was now coming from the doorway.
Gerard rolled over squinting through the darkness. His room was always dark because, the only window was a tiny rectangle of glass that only allowed a small slit of light into the room. This was exactly the way that he liked it. The skinny, awkward boy was standing at the foot of his bed, arms crossed and glasses sliding down the bridge of his nose.
“I’m up, Mikes.” Gerard muttered, shoving a hand through his longish black hair.
Mikey surveyed the room, with its many comics and drawings plastered over the dark paneled walls. The desk and surrounding floor was littered with crumpled pieces of sketch paper and drawing pens. Two empty coffee cups sat amongst the clutter.
“Long night?” He asked, pushing up his glasses.
“Mm.” Gee grunted in agreement as he shuffled past and headed upstairs.

After grabbing a piece of toast, Gerard slung his black, beaten up backpack over his shoulder and he and Mikey stepped out the door. They walked two miles to their high school every day, refusing to step foot on the bus full of cruel, judgmental students. Gerard had experienced the bus one time during his freshman year in high school, and refused to ever set foot on it again. He wouldn’t allow his younger brother to go through that kind of ridicule, the hallways of the school were bad enough. So, despite the dangers of the New Jersey streets, the two boys silently made their daily stroll.
“You know, if mom ever finds out that we walk to school every day, we’re dead.” Mikey finally spoke up.
Gerard pulled the hood of his black sweatshirt over his head and stuffed his hands in the pockets, against the bitter cold air. He thought back to the day he had been held at gunpoint on his way to school during freshman year. He had only been 15 then, and his mother had nearly had a heart attack when she found out. They lived in a dangerous neighborhood, and she had never really allowed them to spend much time outside.
“She won’t know.” He murmured. Their mother worked a lot, leaving the house before the sun even came up and not returning until later at night.
When they finally reached Belleville High School, they both sighed.
“See you later, Mikes.” Gerard said as they split up to head to their first classes.
Gee stalked down the hall, and entered his remedial math class without making eye contact with anyone. He went to his seat in the farthest back corner and opened his backpack. No calculator, no textbook, just a sketchpad and art pencils. He flipped to a clean page and began drawing a comic sketch of his math teacher as a super villain. This was quite possibly the reason that he was failing. Oh well.
When lunch finally came, he avoided the cafeteria filled with the other seniors and went straight to the steps by the back parking lot, just as he did every day. He pulled a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and lit one, his hands shaking slightly from the cold. He briefly considered quitting the habit; he knew his mother would kill him if she knew. Fuck it. He thought and took a long drag.
Something on the other side of the parking lot caught his attention. He spotted the old 85’ Eagle pulling into the lot. He shifted a little, so that one of the brick columns hid him from sight. He watched as the car was parked and the driver’s side door was flung open. A mass of long, auburn hair appeared, whipping in the wind. The girl kicked the door shut and turned so that Gerard could see her face. Her skin was fair; she had high cheek bones and the most perfect nose. She shoved her sunglasses on top of her head to reveal her heavily lined, green-blue eyes. She twirled her keys with her right hand, while her left clutched a paper drive-thru bag from Burger King. She wore a green over-sized hoodie, that was unzipped to reveal her cut-off Iron Maiden tee and her acid washed jeans were tucked into a ragged pair of combat boots. She was laughing and motioning for someone who was still inside the car to hurry up.
Her name was Barbara Weaver, and Gerard was pretty certain that he was madly in love with her.
Sign up to rate and review this story