Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Way Home

One Once Again

by carmen 3 reviews

Gerard's memories return

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-04-30 - 3304 words

5Moving
For a moment Ayasha forgot to breathe then words started pouring from her lips, “The letter was destroyed. Our paintings….everything was gone when I returned,” A fresh batch of tears rolled down her cheeks, “You were gone.”

Now that the veil had been lifted he realized nothing in the home was the same. Gone were all her books, most of the furniture and of course the paintings. Even Ayasha looked different, she looked tired, and so very sad. It tore at his heart he hadn’t seen it before now.

“Ayasha” He pulled away from Mikey’s grip to move towards her. She fell into his arms, “Oh Ayasha” For now he couldn’t speak, he just needed to touch her.

A look of shock covered Mikey’s face as he watched them.

Gerard stroked her hair, her bare arms. “Oh God” He whispered finally finding his voice, “I remember how badly I wanted to feel you.” His fingers went back to her hair and as the long strands slipped through his fingers he smiled, “I was right, so soft.”

Ayasha couldn’t stop crying. This miracle was too much.

Mikey finally spoke, “What the hell is going on?”

Gerard ignored his brother. “Don’t cry, Honey.” He whispered to the woman in his arms. “I told you my heart could never forget.” He gently moved her a step back so he could look into her eyes. “God, your eyes are so beautiful. When you answered the door I was expecting them to be dark but when I saw them…” He smiled, “I just knew this was their true color.” He gently touched her cheek again, “The same way I just knew something was missing since I awoke from the coma. It felt like a part of my heart was gone.”

“You weren’t supposed to remember me.” Ayasha whispered.

He kissed her gently then spoke in a low throaty voice, “Just as your tears touched me before this time they spoke to me, they cleared my mind.”

Ayasha was still trembling, “My soul was crying out for you.”

He pulled her into his arms again “And I heard. I love you so much.”

Mikey was staring at them, not sure what to think or feel. “Gee?”

When Gerard glanced over at him the smile he saw on his brother’s face was so pure, so emotional. “Mikey, I love this woman with all my heart.”

“But…I don’t understand.”

Gerard hugged Ayasha while whispering in her ear. “I need to tell him.”

“Will he believe?” She asked breathlessly.

The love he felt for his brother made him nod, “Yeah, he’ll believe.”

“Believe what?” Mikey asked.

Gerard placed his arm around Ayasha so they both were now facing Mikey. “We have an incredible story to tell you. It’s about a man who was lost, his soul so sick he’d given up his will to live. It’s a story about the woman whose love was so strong she helped him find his way home.”

___________________________________________


Several hours later Mikey’s mind was still reeling. Logic told him that the story they’d told him couldn’t possibly be true and yet….there were too many things that couldn’t be explained away. He took a deep breath, “So you really were here during the coma.”

Gerard smiled tightening his arm around Ayasha who he’d settled on his lap. “Yep, when Ayasha was here, in this house, I was here. When she would leave there was only darkness.”

Mikey sat back, “God, this is so unbelievable.”

“Unbelievable but true.” Gerard answered. He spoke to Ayasha. “Kyle. He was the one who destroyed everything, wasn’t he?”

Ayasha didn’t want to think about Kyle, she wanted to forget that night she’d returned, the night if had felt like her world had ended. “I’m sure he was but…”

Gerard shook his head angrily, “Tom knows it too. He said as much without saying a name. It’s wrong he doesn’t pay for what he did.”

“Gee, it doesn’t matter now. Nothing matters except you are here, you remember.”

Mikey wanted to understand everything. “Uh, who’s Kyle?”

Gerard couldn’t contain his anger. “He’s the fucker who almost raped Ayasha while I stood by watching helplessly.”

“What?” They hadn’t mentioned any of this to Mikey until now.

The memory of that night was burned into Gerard’s brain. “They once were in a relationship and she broke it off. He’s the kind of fucker who don’t like to take no for an answer. That night when Ayasha got home he was already in the house. The fucker struck her. He pulled her towards the bedroom…”

“Gee, it’s okay.” Ayasha could feel the tension in his body. “It’s all in the past.”

Still Gerard couldn’t let it go. “I felt so fuckin’ helpless. I couldn’t do anything to stop him.”

“But you did.” Ayasha said stroking his cheek.

“What happened?” Mikey asked.

Gerard took a deep breath. “I prayed to God to help me. The last thing I remember is throwing myself against the door.”

“And it crashed open.” Ayasha took over the story. “Giving me time to get away from Kyle and grab a knife. He knew I’d use it on him so he left.” She understood Mikey was still having trouble believing all of this. “But once he left something had happened to Gee. He was still here but his eyes were closed and he wouldn’t answer me.”

Suddenly a thought started to form in Mikey’s mind. “Uh, what night was that?” When Ayasha told him he nodded slowly. “That’s what happened.” He whispered in awe.

“What happened?” Gerard asked.

“Gee, that was the first time you went into convulsions. I was sitting at your bedside and suddenly your body…” The memory still frightened him. “They had to secure your arms to the bed.”

Gerard and Ayasha turned to each other. “I was right.” She said softly. “What happened here did affect your body in LA.”

“Holy shit.” Mikey whispered shaking his head. “God, I was so afraid when that happened.”

Ayasha smiled sadly, “So was I. After that night I knew what had happened had weakened him. I knew more than ever we had to find a way to help him return to his life.”

Mikey suddenly looked at Ayasha in a new light. “I can’t begin to imagine how hard it was for you to go to LA.”

She smiled, “It was hard but my love for Gerard gave me the strength.”

“Well” Mikey said smiling slowly, “At least that sorta explains how you knew Alicia was pregnant.”

“Yes, Gee had told me what he’d heard you saying to him.”

Suddenly Mikey has another question, “What about Alicia? Will you tell her about this?”

Gerard laughed, “I suppose we should. She might think it’s strange for me to come back totally in love with Ayasha considering I’m not supposed to know her all that well.”

“Will she believe this?” Ayasha asked looking over at Mikey.

Mikey shrugged slightly, “You know I think she’ll believe it much easier than me. She warmed to you immediately. While she didn’t say it to me I got the impression she felt there was something between you two that you were keeping from us.”

“There was.” Ayasha said laying her head on Gerard’s shoulder. “But it had to be that way. I couldn’t let you know how much I loved him. I feared you would think I was insane if I told you the truth then I wouldn’t have been able to get the talisman to him.”

“And I would never have awakened from the coma.” Gerard said softly leaning down to kiss the top of Ayasha’s head.

Mikey was trying to process all of this when suddenly he started to laugh.

Gerard gave him a puzzled look, ‘What?”

“Oh shit.” Mikey grinned, “I just realized something….that really was a hicky on your neck, wasn’t it?”

“Oh” Ayasha blushed while Gerard smiled.

“Uh, yeah matter of fact it was. She was worried at the time because she believed what happened to my spirit body affected my body in LA.”

“He laughed at my concerns.” Ayasha admitted softly.

“Yeah, I told her you wouldn’t believe a guy in a coma was getting any action.”

“Gee” Ayasha playfully batted his arm.

Mikey was amazed and pleased by the love they shared. Gerard even looked healthier.
While he still had so many questions he knew by the way they were gazing into each other’s eyes they wanted to be alone. Glancing at his watch he realized the day had slipped away. “Uh so I’m guessing you won’t be flying back with me to LA?”

Ayasha titled her head questioningly at Gerard. She hadn’t realized they were planning on flying home today.

“No” He said smiling into her eyes. “We have so many things we need discuss.”

“I understand if you need to go home.”

Gerard brushed his lips against hers. “I am home when I’m with you.”

“But…” The words were forced, “Your life in LA…”

“Honey, we’ll figure this all out. All I do know without question is we are meant to be together.”

It had been so long since Mikey had seen such happiness on his brother’s face. “Hey, it’s not a problem. He’s supposed to be taking it easy while he recovers. I’m sure you’ll take good care of him.”

Ayasha blinked back tears of happiness when she looked over at Mikey, “Yes, I promise to take care of him.”

Mikey nodded, “And I won’t say anything to Alicia about all of this. I want both of you to tell her. I’ll just say Gee decided to spend some time in Colorado for his recovery.”

Gerard gave his brother a grateful look, “Thanks for understanding,”

Slowly Mikey stood then stretched. “Well I’m going to head back to the hotel. Maybe catch a quick nap before heading to the airport. Uh, I can have your bag sent here.”

Ayasha slid off Gerard’s lap then crossed the room to Mikey. For a minute she looked into his eyes then she placed her arms around him. “I will take care of him” She whispered.

Mikey returned her hug, “You’ve already taken good care of him.’ His voice choked with emotion, “Thank you for bringing my brother back to us.”

When they parted Gerard hugged Mikey. “Have a safe trip. I’ll call you tomorrow.” Mikey had just gone through the door when Gerard added, “I love you, Bro.”

Mikey turned to look at the couple, who were arm in arm. “I love you too.” He said softly.


As they watched the car drive away Gerard’s arm tightened around Ayasha. Using his cane he pushed the door closed then turned to face her. “I love you.” The words came from the deepest, purest part of his heart.

“I love you.” Her heart answered.

As badly as he wanted to make love to her, right here, right now, there were still so many things he needed to say.

Ayasha felt the same way and not truly knowing how he felt she hoped he’d understand, “Uh, I was thinking I could make dinner…”

“Hey, I’m the cook here.” He teased.

Ayasha smiled, “How about we make dinner together? You know, we’ve never really eaten dinner together.”

“That’s very true but I did love to watch you eat. Even though I’m sure it wasn’t great you pretended to like it.”

“You are a wonderful cook.” She whispered leaning in to kiss his neck, “And a wonderful lover.”

This time he could feel his body responding, and it was heavily responding. Again not wanting to allow those needs to take over yet he smiled. “Yeah, an early dinner sounds good. That way we’ll be able to have more time for our camp out.”

Her smile was instantaneous, “A camp out. Outside or in?”

Gerard grinned, “Yeah, I can go outside now but…” He reached out to stroke her cheek, “I want us to have our inside campfire. I want us to go up to the attic, open the doors and look at the stars.”

“Me too.” Ayasha whispered.

Gerard pulled her into his arms, “And once our hearts have spoken, and the words die away I’m going to make love to you.”

Her whole body heated, “And you’ll be able to feel…”

“And taste.” He said lowering his lips to hers. Still holding her close he whispered, “I love you so much, Ayasha. More then I could ever put into words.”


So side by side they worked in the kitchen preparing their dinner. They laughed, smiled and found reasons to touch often. In one way it was as if nothing had changed and yet they both knew deep inside their relationship had undergone and incredible change. This was a new begging for them.

________________________________________________________

After dinner they washed the dishes and now it was time to go outside for firewood. Ayasha smiled and took Gerard’s hand as they walked out the back door. She felt him tense and was immediately worried.

“What’s wrong?”

He smiled as he squeezed her hand. “It’s just I can still remember what it felt like when you go outside and I didn’t have you in sight.”

They’d reached the small pile of wood. “I never in my wildest dreams believed we’d be doing this together.” Ayasha said softly as she bent down to lift several small pieces of wood.

Gerard too was grabbing small pieces of timber. A question that had been simmering in his mind now became vocal. “Why didn’t you try to contact me? You must have known I’d come out of the coma.”

“I did.” She answered not looking at him while keeping her gaze on the task at hand. “And I read the beautiful post you wrote on the web site.”

“We’re you going to try?”

Ayasha stood back up to face him. “No, Gee. I had no plans of ever trying to contact you. I felt in my heart I’d been given its deepest desire when you returned to your life. But I believed the price of being given that gift was you had to lose all memory of the time we’d spent together. I’d accepted that.” She shifted the wood in her arms then continued, “That night when I returned from LA and found that the letter you’d written had been destroyed…to me it was a sign. I’d lost my phone, the letter was gone, our painting destroyed.” She blinked rapidly. “I never shed a tear. Too me it would have been wrong to do so. I knew in my heart you’d awaken from the coma and be given a second chance at life. That was all I wanted.”

His love for her was overwhelming at that moment.

“Come on.” She smiled, “We have enough wood.”

They walked back across the yard in silence.

When they got inside there was another question that was troubling him. “Has Kyle given you any more trouble?”

Ayasha sighed, “No, I haven’t seen him. He nor his father have been back to the shop.”

“Yeah, probably because he realized Tom knows what he did.”

She shrugged, “I don’t know… that’s probably true. I just think his last act towards me was so hurtful that in his mind he won.”

“Stupid mother fucker.” Gerard ground out. “I’d like to…”

“Gee” Ayasha stopped him. “Let it go. It’s the past.”

He exhaled trying to release his anger. “Yeah, well, that’s true. But damn I’d like to see his face when the news hits that you’ve married Gerard Way.”

Aysasha’s eyes grew wide. “What?”

“Okay that wasn’t the best marriage proposal, was it? But damn it Ayasha you have to know that’s gonna happen. Our lives are intertwined. There were never two people more meant to be together.” His voice became low, “You will marry me won’t you? I can’t even begin to imagine my life without you.”

She was stunned. Just this morning she’d been emotional about going out to retrieve the paper, she’d believed she’d never see him again and now this…

“Honey, you really need to say something.” He whispered.

“I’m scared.” She admitted.

He nodded, “Yeah, I understand.” He needed to get her into his arms. “Come on. Lets get this up to the attic.”

Ayasha followed him slowly still in shock.

Gerard didn’t speak again until the door’s had been opened and the fire lit. “Uh, have you been up here since…?”

“I’ve sat up here almost every night.” She said spreading out the sleeping bag then taking a seat. “But I never lit a fire.”

He sat down next to her, “Why?”

She couldn’t lie to him. “I was afraid if I did I could cry.” She looked down.

Gerard put his arm around her pulling her close. “My beautiful woman, you really need to get over thinking crying is a sign of weakness.”

She looked up and was smiling, “Well I sorta have today.”

“Thank God I decided to take your paper back in and saw you crying.” He kissed her cheek, “You can’t imagine the feeling that washed over me when my fingers touched your tears. It was like time suddenly stopped then started again and everything I’d forgotten was back. Every memory fresh and strong.” He cupped her face in his hands, “But my love for you was the strongest. What I said before was true…since returning to my life I’ve been trying to right all the wrongs. I’ve been spending a lot of time with Bandit trying to be the father she deserves. I know I’ve been given a great gift, a second chance. And yet all that time I knew something wasn’t right. I felt like there was a hole in my heart and I couldn’t understand it.” He brushed his lips against hers then continued, “My heart never forgot you, Ayasha. And now we’re together my heart and mind are one once again.”

A tear rolled down her cheek, “You’re making me cry.”

He kissed her tears marveling in the feel and taste.

Ayasha loved him more than she’d ever believed possible. That love made her push aside her fears. “Yes” She whispered.

Gerard looked into her eyes.

“Yes, I will marry you.”

Happiness filled his entire being. Slowly his hands moved to the bottom of her tee. She lifted her arms to allow him to pull it over her head. When his eyes fell to her bare breasts desire flared from deep within.

Their fingers trembled as they slow undressed each other. It wasn’t until they were lying nude in each other’s arms that Gerard spoke.

“I promise to love you always, Ayasha. You didn’t help me find my way home, you are my home.”

Tears of happiness rolled down her cheeks. As the fire crackled and they made slow, passionate love Ayasha too realized her heart and mind were now one.


AUTHORS NOTE - Just one more chapter to go...an epilogue. Big thanks to those who have read and a huge hug to those who have commented.
Sign up to rate and review this story