Categories > TV > Bones > At The Movies

Bust A Cap

by SSidle 1 review

Bits and pieces inspired by movie quotes.

Category: Bones - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-08-02 - Updated: 2006-08-02 - 528 words

3Funny
A/N:Here it is, the next chapter; it's from Save the Last Dance.

Derek: So was that a goodnight, as in, "I'll bust a cap in your ass if you ever darken my doorstep again?"
Sara: No! No, I would never--um, bust a cap in your ass.

They finished their meal happily, albeit quietly. Tempe couldn't believe she'd been caught. Curse him for being able to get almost anything out of her; Angela was the only one who was better at it. Speaking of Angela, she would have her head if she found out Tempe'd let slip that she was attracted to Hodgins, nobody was supposed to know. As the evening wore down, they decided to call it a night.

"Booth."

"Yeah?"

"Ummmm. Can you not say anything to Angela about what I said about her?"

"Why?"

"She would get really mad at me. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone."

"Why would she care? It doesn't seem like she's real shy about her feelings."

"This is different. It's been going on for a long time now. I don't understand why she would keep it to herself."

"Maybe she's nervous. If she's not sure how he'd react, she may keep to herself to protect her feelings."

"But that's ridiculous. You'll never know how the person feels if you never say anything."

"Ever been in that situation, Bones?"

"I don't see how it's relevant."

"If you've ever been there, you'd know how it feels. Trust me."

"You've been that way?"

"Oh yeah. And it's scary as hell."

"What did you do about it?"

"Let's just say I'm still working on it."

"Maybe you should just tell them, like you said."

"At the risk of bodily harm, I'd rather not."

"Bodily harm?"

"Yeah. She tends to get aggressive in uncomfortable situations."

"Oh. Is there anything I could do to help?"

"Not really."

"Why? You don't trust me?"

"I never said that. It's just that I..."

"What is it? Why can't you tell me?"

"We're here. Let me think things over, and then maybe you can help. Ok?"

"Sure." Booth got out of the car to open the car door for her, but she was already out. Without a word he walked her to her door. She fumbled in her purse for her keys while she tried to think of something to say.

"Thank you Booth. I had a great time tonight."

"Me too."

"Good-night Booth."

"So was that a good-night, as in, "I'll bust a cap in your ass if you ever darken my doorstep again?"

No! No, I would never--um, bust a cap in your ass. Even though I don't-"

"Know what that means. In other words, do think we could do this again sometime?"

"We go out all the time."

"That's for work. I meant non-work related."

"Oh. Ok."

"'Night Bones."

"Good night Booth."

Tempe closed her door and leaned her back against it, sighing. She hadn't had this great of an evening in, well, ever. She couldn't wait until next time.

A/N: Please give me some feedback, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy, and it helps me update sooner. Thanks so much --SSidle--
Sign up to rate and review this story