Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Danger Days: New Rebellion

Chapter Two: First Signs

by MCR-99 1 review

Rayven spots the first signs to Better Living coming back..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2013-05-18 - 1111 words

0Unrated
Chapter Two: First Signs

Another school day is done, finally. The final bell rung, loud and clear, in my art class, and I look up from my work, it was a drawing of our city, and what it's going to become after the Radiation hits home. Tall buildings, like this city always has, as we were Battery City. These buildings, were camoflauged behind a wave of thick, dense, green smog. Below, on the ground, were people, residents in Battery City, chocking and coughing on the smog, and I, in a weird way, felt sorry for them.

"That's a nice picture," Mr. Green, my art teacher, smiled, and I jumped in my seat before facing him. Green, as I took to calling him in my head, was a young teacher, maybe twenty or so years old. He had brown hair, in a messy kind of style, and the shirt he wore that day was messy, which showed he was a proper art teacher. "It looks perfect, it's like I can feel what those people feel."

"You're going to, soon.." I mumbled, shuffling my feet.

"What?" He asked, hearing my little statement, but only a little bit. "I couldn't hear you, speak up."

I sighed, getting my bag from the floor and slinging it over my shoulder, before speaking. "I said, you are going to feel what those people feel, soon, because of BL/ind. They're coming back, stronger than ever, but we have no one to stop them."

Green laughed, before putting a hand on my shoulder. "Another one of your little daydreams again, Rayven?"

"No!" I protest, shrugging his hand away. "No, it's really going to happen! I know it!"

"How, Rayven?" Green asked, taking a seat beside me. "How could you possibly know about what'll happen in future?"

"I.." I began, not having a proper answer, before I spoke up again. "I just know, okay, you're going to have to trust me on this."

"Remember the last time you said for me to trust you? You said to warn the town for the impending apocalypse, yet that never happened. Aliens are coming, remember when you told me that, and the entire city believed you?" Green stated. "Rayven, have you ever heard the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf?"

"Yes, sir, but-"

"But, nothing." Green said, sighing. "Rayven, run along home, get some rest, maybe you can put this whole 'Better Living are coming back' argument behind you, okay?"

"Fine." I mutter, pushing my stool back under the table and walking out the door into the rain, which started slowly tearing apart my school uniform. I stopped, as I saw the last little bit of my cardigan fall from my shoulder, and placed my hand in the air as I felt a drop of rain on my palm, which soon began to burn badly. I wince, pulling my hand back to my side, and examining the damage.

"Acid rain.." I say to myself, upon seeing the red gash in the palm of my hand, and I knew that only one chemical could do a job this bad, and that was Acid Rain, or, in scientifical terms, Sulphur Dioxide. Usually, Acid Rain attacks rocks and cliffs, yet it also killed and burned humans to great lengths. That feeling, that something big was coming, was back again, and as quick as my feet could go, I ran home. Once in Marble Street, where I lived, I made my way down the street to door 301, the house was called Goth Manor. I ran up the drive, and opened the door and forced my way inside, shutting the door behind me and breathing heavily.

This house, my house, was quite large, a proper manor, which my Dad could afford. My Dad, he was in a heavy-metal band, Avenged Sevenfold, so he got a lot of money. Speaking of his band, I could hear them, they were rehearsing on the top floor, but I decided I'd better not bother them, as that was Dad's number one rule: Never bother the band when they were rehearsing. I sighed again, and made my way down to the basement, where my room was. I decided for my room to be down in the basement, so I didn't hear the band rehearsing, and so I had an entire floor to myself.

My room was like a normal teenager's bedroom. Posters on the wall, mess everywhere, but the one thing my room had, or should I say the one room my room had, that other teenagers never had, was a secret lab, where, for months, I was researching into the Killjoy Wars, and Better Living and the impending Radiation Strike. I have a journal, where I keep track of all of my progress, and also where I write down the next bit of evidence, the next sign, of what was about to happen. I entered my secret lab, by hitting the secret switch under my bed, and watching as the wall that held my TV, dissapeared, and I was allowed to get into the lab. I did so, leaving my bag at the side, and getting out the peice of cloth from my tattered cardigan, and placing it under the bunsen burner, and slowly dripping the Chemical Tester onto it. My Chemical Tester was a gift for my thirteen birthday, that Dad got from the best science lab in the whole of California. But, anyway, as I researched into the Acid Rain, I discovered a big thing, a big clue. I got out my journal from the bookshelf, and grabbing a pen from my schoolbag, before turning to a clean page, and writing this:

Date: July 17th, 2050.
Time: 3:01pm.

I have just discovered something big, a major clue that is a scientific breakthrough, in itself. The rain, the Acid Rain that tore through my clothes and made them erode, wasn't the ordinary Acid Rain we get most of the time. No, it was combined Acid Rain, made in only one place: The Better Living Labs. This is obviously a clue to the new reign of Better Living, the Acid Rain is returning, just like Party Poison said on the News many years ago, during the early Killjoy Ages. He said: "The first sign of the Radiation, is Acid Rain, that burns through skin, leaving this." He then showed his scar a big scar on his forearm which he hid.
So, I've encountered the first sign, or rather, we've encountered the first sign, us, the residents in Battery City. The second sign? Buildings will begin to rot away, then people will act how they don't normally act, and then they arrive...
Sign up to rate and review this story