Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Danger Days: New Rebellion

Chapter Three: The City Falls

by MCR-99 1 review

Slowly, but surely, Battery City begins to crumble around Rayven's feet..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-05-19 - 949 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three: The City Falls

I wake up early the next morning, greeted by the dark orange tinge that the light shone on my already orange walls. I lay in bed for a while, as it was early and I had to properly awaken, before slowly getting up from my bed, stretching as I did so. Once up and out of bed, I moved over to my dresser, pulling out my clothes for the day, a shirt for auditions at the civic auditorium in Santa Cruz in California, during the era of 1980, a vintage top, no doubt. I also pull out my black leggings with stars on them, and lay that beside the t-shirt, on my bed, as well as the regular change of underwear. Then, I head off to the bathroom, which wasn't far from my bedroom door, and I was greeted by the smell of coffee and cigarettes, as well as some bacon, which smelt good, beside the waft of cigarette smoke. Dad must be up, I thought, or his girlfriend Sandra. I get to the large bathroom, and flick on the light, before sighing as I looked around the room.

After a while, I was showered and dressed, and had finished my breakfast, and now I was stood in my room sorting out my bag for school, grabbing what I figured I would need. I grabbed my iPod off the dock, and grabbed my headphones, plugging them into the audio jack on the iPod, and I switched the song to something a little bubbly for my school day, the Danger Days album by My Chemical Romance, the Original Killjoys. Once my iPod was prepared for the day ahead, I grabbed my sketchbook and pens, as I figured I'd get bored during free period, and this was one thing I could do. I also grabbed my journal, the one with all the clues leading up to the Radiation that was sure to come very soon, and I tucked that into my bag, along with my black writing pen. Now, I was ready for school, so I grabbed my black hoodie from my door hook, and set off downstairs, calling a goodbye to whoever cared enough to hear it, and out the door I step, into the shining sun, a new day for Battery City.

As I walk to school, I hear the giggles of my two best friends, Danny and Destiny, as they run up behind me and scare me, laughing loudly. I smiled, laughing too.

"Good morning." I greet in a friendly tone.

"Hi!" Danny smiled, that captivating smile that made me nearly swoon. You see, I have an abnormally large crush on the guy who's been my friend since we were 3 years old, when I'd spilled my juice box and juice went everywhere, and Danny, the guy with the black hair, and the lip piercing that looked very gorgeous on him, had offered me his spare juice box. Of course, Danny never had the lip piercing at three years old, he got it done when he'd turned sixteen.

"Hi, Danny." I smile, gazing into his mysterious grey eyes.

"Um, you know I'm here right?" Destiny interuptted us.

"Right, hey Destiny." I greet, as we began walking again. As we walked, I played my music allowed, and Destiny turned up her nose. She never liked the kind of music I listened to, she preferred the likes of Justin Bieber and One Direction, but I didn't mind what she liked, because, at times, she was a big ball of fun, even though she was really rude sometimes. Danny liked my music though, and as we walked we both air guitared to the tune of Vampire Money, before laughing. Then, Destiny pointed up to the sky.

"Um, what's that?" She asked, and we all looked up, and I discovered the newest clue. Before us, we could see the old Better Living Industries building slowly crumbling, and a huge piece broke off, and was about to fall on us and crush us to death, if I hadn't dragged us out the way.

"Is everyone alright?" I took the liberty of checking the safety of my friends, who nodded, but looked shell-shocked by what we had just encountered.

"What was that?" Danny asked, and Destiny rolled her eyes.

"A building crumbling to the ground, you dumbass." Danny scowled at her.

"I know that, but how?" He asked. "How could that building just fall like that?"

"It's old, and hasn't been used in years, that's how." Destiny stated, matter-of-factly.

"No, it can't be because of that," Danny stroked his chin in a thinking sort of way. "I mean, tons of buildings here haven't been used, yet they are still standing.."

"Look out!" I shout, pulling my friends out the way as yet another building begins to slowly fall around us, and then I realised it really was the next clue. We ran to school as quick as we could, and when we knew it was safe, I got out my journal and began to record the evidence.

Date: July 18th, 2050
Time: 8:58am

I have discovered it, the next clue, the next sign. First, the Acid Rain from BL/ind, then the buildings slowly, but surely, begin to crumble around me. All the signs point to one thing; BL/ind are definitely coming back, sooner than I predicted. I have to prepare to run, as I'd, in no way, want to be associated with the scum and vermin that destroyed millions of lives, including those of the Original Killjoys. Now, I see the school about to officially fall around our feet, and I await the third and final sign of the future..
Sign up to rate and review this story